Speculations If Zoro fights S-Hawk(possibly aged up) this arc, would there really be such a necessity for him to fight Mihawk?

So as I've been saying, chronologically speaking, Nasujuro has to be Zoro's final fight. There are no two ways around it. Oda has a formula and he sticks to it basically every single major arc. Luffy fights the main villain, Zoro fights the main villain's RHM.

Maybe there is a little bit of variance here and there. In Wano, Zoro did clash with Kaido, before he ultimately went down to face King, while Luffy ultimately 1v1ed Kaido. But this shows how even when Oda does vary it up a bit, he still mostly sticks to the format.

So Zoro will beat Nasujuro after Mihawk, presuming he fights Mihawk, and given how Nasujuro will be Zoro's final fight, there is no doubt Oda will make it one of Zoro's greatest.

This leaves Oda with two options:
  1. make Mihawk fraudulent by having Nasujuro be stronger(which he has to be if Zoro beats Mihawk first)
  2. Zoro doesn't fight Mihawk
With S-Hawk being a likely matchup for Zoro this arc, I want to explore #2.

S-Hawk has Mihawk's fighting style and were he to be somehow aged up(which could happen through a multitude of ways), Zoro could face someone with the strength and skill of Mihawk. Obviously lacking Mihawk's haki, however.

With this, Oda would essentially be able to satisfy fans who have always wanted a Zoro vs Mihawk fight, even if said fight won't be possible because of plot conflicts. Kinda like how Oda threw Zoro fans a bone by having him scar Kaido and defeat King's fire dragon, as opposed to the ZKK many fans had hoped for.

As for the true Mihawk? I think Oda could have Shiryu kill him via trickery and subsequently steal Yoru. Zoro fights Yoru Shiryu in the BBP fight. Then he subsequently fights Nasujuro in the final war.

by defeating Nasujuro, Zoro will become a great master swordsman who's name will be known in heaven for defeating a god. With Nasujuro defeated, there will no longer be any other swordsmen above him, leaving Zoro as the WSSM.

Ultimately, while a lot of fans think that Zoro's dream is tied to Mihawk, for plot purposes, it has to be tied to Nasujuro. Just like how Luffy's dream(whenever it is revealed), will inevitably be tied to Imu.

So as I've been saying, chronologically speaking, Nasujuro has to be Zoro's final fight. There are no two ways around it. Oda has a formula and he sticks to it basically every single major arc. Luffy fights the main villain, Zoro fights the main villain's RHM.

Maybe there is a little bit of variance here and there. In Wano, Zoro did clash with Kaido, before he ultimately went down to face King, while Luffy ultimately 1v1ed Kaido. But this shows how even when Oda does vary it up a bit, he still mostly sticks to the format.

So Zoro will beat Nasujuro after Mihawk, presuming he fights Mihawk, and given how Nasujuro will be Zoro's final fight, there is no doubt Oda will make it one of Zoro's greatest.

This leaves Oda with two options:
  1. make Mihawk fraudulent by having Nasujuro be stronger(which he has to be if Zoro beats Mihawk first)
  2. Zoro doesn't fight Mihawk
With S-Hawk being a likely matchup for Zoro this arc, I want to explore #2.

S-Hawk has Mihawk's fighting style and were he to be somehow aged up(which could happen through a multitude of ways), Zoro could face someone with the strength and skill of Mihawk. Obviously lacking Mihawk's haki, however.

With this, Oda would essentially be able to satisfy fans who have always wanted a Zoro vs Mihawk fight, even if said fight won't be possible because of plot conflicts. Kinda like how Oda threw Zoro fans a bone by having him scar Kaido and defeat King's fire dragon, as opposed to the ZKK many fans had hoped for.

As for the true Mihawk? I think Oda could have Shiryu kill him via trickery and subsequently steal Yoru. Zoro fights Yoru Shiryu in the BBP fight. Then he subsequently fights Nasujuro in the final war.

by defeating Nasujuro, Zoro will become a great master swordsman who's name will be known in heaven for defeating a god. With Nasujuro defeated, there will no longer be any other swordsmen above him, leaving Zoro as the WSSM.

Ultimately, while a lot of fans think that Zoro's dream is tied to Mihawk, for plot purposes, it has to be tied to Nasujuro. Just like how Luffy's dream(whenever it is revealed), will inevitably be tied to Imu.
Stay off the crack my boy

Saint Moonbeard Garlic is Imu's right hand, but Imu will hire Crossguild for the final battle. Mihawk is the ringed eyes too and he is stronger than Garlic, who will get beaten by Shanks. Luffy and Zoro fight the guys with the ringed eyes.

Apollo

The Sol King
If Zoro fights an aged up S-hawk, he's losing. Zoro would lose to Mihawk, and adult S-hawk should be stronger.

If zoro does fight and win against aged up s-hawk, he's already achieved his goal. So it won't happen.