Theory Imu is capable of possessing the bodies of others

He has the devil devil fruit

That attack he used looks like a devil's tail

What are the powers of the devil devil fruit? There are many Imu could have, however one that I would like to talk about here is possession. The devil is shown to possess individuals in pop culture.

As such, I think Imu should have the ability to possess bodies and fight in whichever one he chooses.

While Imu likely has many bodies in his arsenal, I think his strongest body is Joyboy's

Due to the WG's persecution of them, the fame of the nika legend in elbaf, and the size of the hat, there is an extremely high chance that Joyboy was a buccaneer. By using a Buccaneer's body, Imu will have access to incomparable strength and endurance.

We already saw what Kuma could do. But Kuma isn't even a pure buccaneer, his mom was just a normal human, and his dad might have been a hybrid as well.

Furthermore, Joyboy probably wasn't just a normal buccaneer, he is likely among the strongest of the buccaneer race. Using his powers, Imu stole this strength for himself.

We know that in the Fishman island arc, Arlong's sister had a vision of a man in a straw hat destroying fishman island. While it was assumed that this individual might be Luffy, it is now looking more likely that instead it was Imu.

We see here how Shirahoshi is one of Imu's targets. My theory is that sometime in the future, Imu will use Joyboy's body to lay siege to fishman island, forcing the fishmen to evacuate before the final war.