Break Week Interesting thread i saw on reddit: would you still watch one piece if zoro was a woman? Would it work? What would change in the show?

If Oda made Zoro a girl, he would make her suck and he wouldn't even let her use three-sword style.

"I'll chip a tooth!" Seriously LOda?
Exactly thank you… I was thinking about this exact thing

I think it’s because most OP fans are guys and the girl fans don’t want to make the guy fans angry so they just do whatever the guy fans do, it ends up in this situation where most everyone in the fandom doesn’t notice how EXTREMELY sexist Oda is.

I think it's pretty obvious what would happen to Zoro if he was girl...

He has a bad sense of direction. He'd get lost somewhere and ganged lol tied up like he did at Captain Morgan's when Luffy found him

Other than that, basically the same story would happen. It'd just be in reverse. But, yeah, that getting lost all the time shit would get him into a lot of trouble as a woman. For sure. No doubt about it.

I noticed the picture where Zoro as a female doesn't seem to know how to use three sword style.

That's odd. He's suggesting that Zoro's dream would change.

However, in my own perspective, I think what would happen would essentially be the same. Kuina would still die. Zoro would make a pledge to become the World's Strongest Swordswoman after hearing that Kuina committed suicide because she couldn't be a man. I mean, wouldn't that just add to Zoro's commitment? Because, then, he'd be proving to Kuina what he told her - that she could be the strongest swordsman even if she was a woman. It'd just be a feminine Zoro out to prove that women can be strong swordsman, too.

He would still end up hunting pirates as a woman, and he would still end up being recruited by Luffy into his crew, and they'd go through all the same adventures. The only difference there would be that Sanji gets attracted to Zoro, but they'd still be rivals (Sanji wouldn't hit Zoro anymore). With Zoro's attitude, though, he would still be the loner of the group, so I wouldn't expect him to be cheery like Nami and Robin can be. He's more serious, and I suspect even if he was a woman that wouldn't change much.

If it was how I would write the Zoro character, then she would still exercise with weights all the time in order to bolster arm strength. But, I'm not Oda, and he may have written that character a different way - apparently ignorant of swordplay. I find that odd, but he's entitled to whatever way he would do it lol...

--

I think I understand Oda's perspective on it, though, if he were to write her ignorant of swordplay. It's because Zoro's soul wouldn't carry the same qualities. His lineage may consist of renowned swordsmen, and not swordswomen. He may not inherit the Will of the Swordsman as a result if we go by that kind of logic. I disagree with it, but whatever.

Last edited: