Controversial Is it better for an army to have 3 good guys or one great guy ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
All the really stand out Generals that come to mind are usually backed up by some stellar subordinates. One lone man, even a great lone man, cannot be everywhere and do everything at once.
3 guys. Having multiple generals would have better army management and overall balance. Plus, if one get taken out, two others can easily replace the deceased's army. While one guy would have risk of getting overwhelmed and killed more likely.
Well looks like this thread can be closed now. :catsweat:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
having one great guy can also have its advantages : you can micro manage a lot better than having 3 guys. You can launch an attack yourself and adapt on the spot. You’re more difficult to trap compared to one of the
3 guys. Having multiple generals would have better army management and overall balance. Plus, if one get taken out, two others can easily replace the deceased's army. While one guy would have risk of getting overwhelmed and killed more likely.
yep it can balance things more and you can push multiple fronts at the same time.

But a 92/92/92 is less likely to be killed than a 84/88/92 or a 92/85/80 (Ryu Tou and Batei). Ryu Tou even with good strategy can be push around by a strong guy if trapped and Batei can be trapped by a good strategy

If things are going south the 92/92/92 can escape with his life more times than the others

But I do agree that if the lonely guy is killed the army will be without a real chief and will likely collapse while with the 3 you can have someone who can make a retreat and order people with more or less efficiency,

But @Warchief Sanji D Goat @MarineHQ @Owl Ki @Xlaw : if you don’t believe a single 92/92/92 is more useful than the Rigan trio, what is the level needed for a solo guy to be better than them ? For me it’s obvious than having someone like Tou is better than having those 3 for exemple.

So a 93/93/93
A 94/94/94
A 95/95/95 ?

It honestly depends on a lot of factors, army composition, that strong general getting any strong subordinates? Gonna use the 3 you provided, along with their combination.
Kisui:

Batei:

Ryuutou:

Based on the above stats, this fusion commander would be: 91/92/92

vs

86/92/90
91/86/80
84/88/92

Strategy: I have two dudes are at 90 and 1 on par with that fusion general. Strategically i'm already better. Since I have essentially two people who can rival that 1 general.

Leadership: I got 1 dude who matches the fusion guy while 2 who are still decent at leading. I'm at an advantage leadership wise.

Martially: I got 1 guy who can match the fusion man in combat, and once that happens the fusion man's leadership/strategy become irrelevant due to be isolated in a duel and combat. While the other two can still play a factor and will be better than the general army soldier by a good margin. And they both can influence the Batei vs fusion man fight.

The Fusion commander is gonna lose if he's leading a normal Zhao army vs the other 3 leading a normal Zhao army. Especially when you take into account these three would have "teamwork" as well.

But I would say a general who is 94/94/94 would be able to overcome the trio.

With that said though, could there be scenarios where I prefer that fusion guy over the 3 different ones? Yes 100%. If I have other decent generals already, then I'd much rather have that fusion general, than those 3 separately.