Chapter Discussion It should've been Sanji vs Kizaru in Egghead

I know Egghead is over but I just can't wrap around my head why Oda would do this and completely ruin the tension?

Since Dressrosa opening, i've been anticipating Sanji vs Kizaru to happen. The match up makes so much sense style wise.

I was hyped when this chapter came out and said to myself "finally it's about time" until the next one completely ruined it when it turned out to be G5 doing the same old heavy lifting.

I'm not a Sanji fan but the arc was gonna get better with Sanji vs Kizaru, Zoro vs Nusjuro, Luffy vs Saturn/other Gorosei and other SH vs vice admirals as how it should've been but nope...

Why ruin it? :sanjimeh:

Oda is not some powerlevel junkie like most of us but even him wouldn't allow Sanji to shine so much.
It doesn't make sense for someone on Sanji's level to fight against an Admiral even for a few minutes.

Law/Kid lost easily the moment they got a 1vs1 against a top tier.
Luffy couldn't beat him.
Zoro didn't clash against him.

I know Egghead is over but I just can't wrap around my head why Oda would do this and completely ruin the tension?

Since Dressrosa opening, i've been anticipating Sanji vs Kizaru to happen. The match up makes so much sense style wise.

I was hyped when this chapter came out and said to myself "finally it's about time" until the next one completely ruined it when it turned out to be G5 doing the same old heavy lifting.

I'm not a Sanji fan but the arc was gonna get better with Sanji vs Kizaru, Zoro vs Nusjuro, Luffy vs Saturn/other Gorosei and other SH vs vice admirals as how it should've been but nope...

Why ruin it? :sanjimeh:
And another case of illegitimate expectations ruining the experience of a reader

Sigh

:seriously:

Oda is the type of author to post a panel like this, with 1 character looking face-to-face at 2 characters, saying he'll have to fight them...

...and then not have them fight
:saden:

He's a hack

I agree. Oda even had scabbards fight Kaido. Gave brook a good moment against BM.

While the laser block was cool , he could have drawn half a chapter worth fighting before Kizaru starts to dominate sanji.