Controversial Jiaga is Underrated (ft. Batei and Shiryou) - Lee gradually descends into the pits of Insanity

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Hello everyone,

I was originally planning to make this a post on how underrated Jiaga is, however I’ve realized that it is actually Shiryou and Batei who are the true victims of Jiaga hate on WorstGen lol. And I really don’t understand why to be honest, so that’s what this post is going to be today. We’re going to look at some recent downplay of Jiaga, Shiryou, and Batei by our resident Kingdom fans. So let’s do this.

Batei

I went on record in the past as saying that KokuYou Hills was my least favorite Kingdom battle, and I think I really need to go back and read that arc again because after only rereading Shin vs Batei, I realized how severely I was misremembering this arc.

I’ve come to the conclusion that WorstGen owes Batei a collective apology. I’ve also come to the conclusion that Batei joins the likes of Gokei on the list of characters who got completely fucking mangled by Hara’s utterly atrocious stat system. Well what do I mean by this? Let’s take another look at Batei vs Shin.

Before I post a single panel, I would like to remind everyone that this Shin is a [slightly] stronger version of Shin than the one who fought Gaimou. Wei Fire Dragon Gaimou, whose weight Shin directly compared to Renpa’s, who Hara gave a 97 strength stat to match Renpa’s own 97. So let’s take another look at Shin vs Batei:

Look at the fucking expression on Shin’s face here as he is in utter shock at Batei’s power. Batei in the meantime is just surprised that Shin survived his blow at all while looking fairly unserious. More on that later. So Shin actually starts to fight back against Batei:

Again reminder that this Shin put up a respectable fight against Gaimou, and Batei is blocking his blows with very little trouble. Again more on that in a second:

Then Shin takes another blow from Batei’s axe which immediately breaks Shin’s horses legs and floors Shin himself. So, a few things:

1. Look at Batei’s facial expressions here:

Interpret this as you will, but imo it is clear that Batei was initially blocking Shin’s Glaive strikes with complete ease, and only after getting moderately serious (the vein popping next to his eye) did he immediately strike Shin with such force that it broke the legs of his horse.

2. I think this is Hara’s way of stressing the sheer brute force of the battle axe. We’ve only seen two battle axe weilders in Kingdom history, the other being Oukotsu, and Hara stressed the sheer brute power of both battle axe commanders we’ve seen in their own ways.

I see people saying things like “lol Shiryou couldn’t even beat Batei,” and then I’m over here seeing Batei utterly fucking scrubify a Shin who fought Gaimou. Lol

So now I ask…how is Shiryou not killing Batei a bad thing?

Now let’s look at Shiryou vs Batei.

Not only does Batei look far more serious against Shiryou than he did against Shin, but if we take these panels at face value, Shiryou (to me at least) seems like she’s much stronger than the Shin who put up a good fight against Gaimou.

Now I’m not saying Gaimou < Batei and Shiryou, that’s not the point of this at all, but what I am saying is holy fucking shit, why are these two so slept on lmfao.

I do think I understand why so many underestimate Batei, and it’s the same reason I myself really overlooked him before now, and that is because Batei is overshadowed by much more heavily hyped commanders like Gyou’Un and Bananji. We fanboy over guys like these because they have hype putting them in proximity to 3GH level commanders/vassals, and meanwhile Batei is over here just chilling in Rigan.

To that, I would like to point out a quote literally from Batei himself back when we first learned that Shibashou turned down the Three Great Heavens rank:

Shibashou being such an insane monster despite being a complete unknown to the majority of Zhao was unfathomable to Riboku’s vassals. And yet it was Batei himself who said that a remote, unknown city is exactly the type of place you would expect to find such talent. Houken was just an unknown forest hermit when he was elevated to the same rank as Rinshoujou and Renpa.

So I’m not saying Batei = 3GH level or any of that crap, but what I’m saying is that our tendency to overlook characters who may not have huge hype or lore is a grave mistake in Kingdom. If you look back at people like Riboku, Shibashou, Houken, etc…all these guys were complete unknowns with no big lore or histories behind them, and yet they became some of the biggest names in the entire manga.

Hara pays his due respects to the famous legends, but he also pays his due respects to those guys no one has ever heard of, and Batei is one of those guys. The same with Shiryou. Underrating them because they don’t have any huge lore or big ranks is stupid. So as of now, call me Batei’s only apologist lol. I suspect we’ll see great things from him in the future.

We’ve been continuously told that Shiryou is a complete monster martially, it’s time to believe that claim. This chick utterly negged Earl Kou, swatted Kaine like a fly, and brought Batei as an equal before Jiaga was ever in the picture.

Alright so anyway,

Jiaga

From the moment Jiaga and Kansaro were revealed, my immediate speculation is that these guys would be Gyou’Un level as warriors or even above him. Seriously. Gyou’Un was a monster at Shukai Plains, but he was also far from his prime. Jiaga and Kansaro both appeared to be in their primes and were vassals of Shibashou, so this is just how I imagined their power escalation would go. Young 3GH warrior vassals in their primes should be stronger than old, out of prime 3GH warrior vassals in concept, right?

Well, Jiaga and Kansaro have really given me no reason to believe that my initial thoughts of them aren’t valid. I mean even Jyoukaryuu fought equally with Shin and Jyoukaryuu seemed even older than Gyou’Un. Surely younger men in their primes can replicate that feat or even exceed it right?

But alas, WorstGen’s Kingdom fans have somehow deluded themselves into believing that somehow Hara intends to write these guys as jobbers apparently, because Jiaga, the strongest of this gang of animals, is subject to some of the weirdest fucking downplay I’ve ever seen.

So let’s address the elephant in the room:

And Moubu fans collectively lost their shit lmfao. You would think that after Man’U that Moubu fans would’ve learned that Moubu isn’t just going to mid diff everyone in sight, but no, apparently the lesson we learned from Man’U vs Moubu is just that…Man’U alone…is relative to Moubu…and no one else. Lol

“Moubu is by far the strongest in Kingdom, he will one shot or mid diff Man’U” they said. And then when that didn’t happen, they learned zero lessons lol. “Moubu is by far the strongest in Kingdom except for Man’U who might be close to him, but everyone else is a one shot or mid diff at worst.”

And so when a fairly credible source, not a hugely credible source but a fairly credible one, made the observation that a seriously hyped 3GH warrior vassal was relative to Moubu in martial ability, the collective response became tantrums, denial, and downplay.

So now let’s examine some of the utter hypocrisies of which hype statements Kingdom fans take seriously and which they don’t:

-> “Kaishibou has brute power on par with Renpa”
Kingdom fans: “this is fine but Renpa still mid diffs”

-> “Bananji has strength relative to Renpa and Kaishibou”
Kingdom fans: “this is fine but Renpa mid diffs both”

-> “Jiaga has strength relative to Moubu”
Kingdom fans: “LOL not even close, Moubu one shots, Shiryou weak Batei weak Jiaga weak everyone accept Moubu and Man’U weak”

They can’t even do the half-compromise thing they did with Renpa where they acknowledge Kaishibou and Bananji probably have brute strength comparable to Renpa but Renpa still wins. No, they have to suddenly downplay Jiaga horribly as well as everyone he’s ever fought.

Apparently 60 year old men can be relative in brute strength to Renpa, that’s fine, but a prime 3GH warrior vassal hyped above other prime 3GH warrior vassals can’t be relative to Moubu. Because no one is relative to Moubu, Moubu one shots everyone. Please ignore Man’U and the entire direction Hara is taking Moubu’s character which would seem to imply that Moubu still isn’t the definitive strongest yet. Moubu screamed that he’s the strongest in China, therefore it must be true. If someone screams something, it is always true.

Damn yall got me ranting up in here lmfao. I would reluctantly consider myself a Moubu fan but y'all got me going this hard lol.

Alright so anyway:

It was even said by Sou’Ou that Jiaga was too much for Shiryou and her elites. Now it seems like Jiaga’s elites were attacking Shiryou too but if we want to take this quote at face value, Shiryou and her elites were ganging up on Jiaga and still couldn’t slay him.

But then the downplay, somehow, got even weirder. Is that even possible? Apparently so.

So then Ousen’s number one killing squad interfered and wounded Jiaga, and this was somehow used as evidence that Jiaga was weaker than Moubu. I mean, I guess that decides it right? There are users who think Ousen is the strongest general in China, but apparently the strongest general in China’s number one killing squad actually doing their job by killing someone would disqualify that character as being taken seriously martially.

Makes sense right? You can’t be Moubu level if someone interferes in your duel. If Karin’s little brother would have speared Moubu through the back during his duel with Kanmei, then obviously this means Moubu can’t be Moubu level. Ouki getting shot in the back by one of the Ten Bows of China clearly discredits all of Ouki’s martial feats and hype. Ouki probably gets one shot by Moubu.

Nonono, stop it Shibashou, stop it Jiaga, stop the CoPe!, Jiaga gets one shot by Moubu. Everyone gets one shot by Moubu. Ouki gets one shot by Moubu, Saitama gets one shot by Moubu, Moubu himself gets one shot by Moubu. But then Moubu gets back up and one shots himself in return.

I have truly become one with Hara’s inner psyche

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @TheKnightOfTheSea @FutureWarrior123 @RayanOO @MarineHQ @SakazOuki @Bullet @Patryipe @Jailer @Yo Tan Wa @Greenbeard @Cichy

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I don't remember Batei having that extended clash with Shin. I remember that first clash and that's it.

Maybe I need to reread that arc lol
His strength almost seems meme-like when you consider Gaimou looked like he had more trouble against Shin than Batei lol. I mean seriously, he just looks scarily strong in that fight.

So as of now, call me Batei’s only apologist lol. I suspect we’ll see great things from him in the future.
I have never actually downplayed Batei at any point since reading Kingdom and that is because this duel with Shin has always stuck out in my memory when I read this for the first time, so you are by no means alone in this opinion. I legit assumed he was stronger than Rinko and was of course surprised when I saw his strength stat.

We can safely assume from just having two functioning eyes and with a bit of common sense is that they can both give roughly about a solid high-diff fight to someone like Bananji/Gyou'Un/Jiaga.

On a different note, I have many things to say on your Kokuyou Hills arc slander but this isn't the time and place for that. :kuzanshut:

This is hilarious 🤣🤣

Moubu bros can be like that, that's definitely true.

Honestly this post could exclude the Ji Aga/Moubu stuff and it would still be good. Upscaling characters like Batei and Shiryou is fine. I thought Ji Aga is walking through her with ease but apparently she's the real deal so upscaling her and by extension Batei is fine.

Ji Aga has barely done anything, it's too soon to judge his strength based on casual sparring.

I've been asking forever why Gaimou is being hyped to high heaven despite his (trying to be respectful) very VERY mediocre showings.
Maybe it's because the ladies drained too much strength out of him prior to entering the battlefield but this man was challenged by post coalition Shin that just picked up the Glaive and had no skills using one before that.

Renpa mid diffs everyone

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
People are downplaying Gaimou showing against Shin

The man a unit. Far above the Shin he fought.

It happens in the manga that people below your level can fight someone for a short time especially when the other is not full serious / killing mode : Tou vs Kyo (first time), Shin vs Gaimou etc

Serious Gaimou would erase that Shin

People are downplaying Gaimou showing against Shin

The man a unit. Far above the Shin he fought.

It happens in the manga that people below your level can fight someone for a short time especially when the other is not full serious / killing mode : Tou vs Kyo (first time), Shin vs Gaimou etc

Serious Gaimou would erase that Shin
I get what you're saying. Based on future role and Shin's strength in several arcs I can already say how strong Gaimou needs to be to even be a challenge but so far his feats don't give that level hype.

I mean both Gaimou and Gyou’Un entered the battlefield rusty and with several years out of service and objectively I believe Gyou'Un has performed better in their 1v1 against a stronger Shin.

Shin had trouble getting the hang of Ouki's glaive but at the same time that Glaive increases the strength of his blows too in comparison to the average glaive he used against Gaimou.

Batei is strong I'll admit, but all he has is physical strength. Shin would have beated him if his horse's leg didn't break. It's basically the Mougou vs Renpa case, and no, I'm not saying Shin would one shots Batei if he gets mad lol.

Both Batei and Shiryou are underrated martially. And Jiaga ain't gonna get one shotted or get mid diffed or less by Moubu lol.

The only fair thing to be said about Ji Aga is that never showed the full extent of his abilities and that he died being outsmarted in a high leverage situation, rather than outright bested in straightforward martial ability.