Your favourite characters?

• Total voters

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Gojo = G.O.A.T. , end of discussion :catsure:

Nanami? G.O.A.T. too ~

Nanami is my favorite character.
Post automatically merged:

Gojo = walmart Kakashi (who already is wack as hell)

Chapter 108 is out

Yooo Chapter 109!
Papa Toji makes his entrance. Been waiting on the Zenin family reunion since he was resurrected

Chapter 112

Seeing the girls get murdered like that was tough. Sukuna is a savage!
Toji vs Sukuna incoming hopefully.

Last edited:
This is the most underrated series in Shonen Jump right now. I'm not saying it's the best, I'm saying it's a series that deserves a lot more attention and love than it currently gets. The characters are great, it has the BEST action in Shonen Jump rn, and there's a fair amount of subtly and nuance to the writing. Two of the main complaints I see surrounding this series are the art and story. The art is an acquired taste I'll say, but I do think it's important to understand that the author is drawing the series like this intentionally. You can see in his spreads and previous series, that he can do cleaner artwork. He's most likely using the sketchy art style to make the series stand out more, and it makes the action, in my opinion, feel more kinetic and visceral. He also fixes a couple of the little drawing mistakes in the volumes, so I have no real problems with his art. I will agree that the story isn't anything to write home about on paper, but I think that the series executes its story beats expertly. People always take about "this series took the shounen formula and perfected it" (not gonna name series), but this is the first one where I would stand by that statement. This is a series that I feel that many people won't give a chance due to the beginning being kinda slow, and it is I'm not disputing that. However, I think that as the series goes on the writing gets really good and the characters really start growing on you. I've always told my friends who read manga to get to chapter 15. If they can read to chapter 15 and see absolutely nothing of value from the series, I just recommend they drop it then, it probably just isn't their thing.

Long post, but nobody else is posting in this thread, so I think it's fine.

This is the most underrated series in Shonen Jump right now. I'm not saying it's the best, I'm saying it's a series that deserves a lot more attention and love than it currently gets. The characters are great, it has the BEST action in Shonen Jump rn, and there's a fair amount of subtly and nuance to the writing. Two of the main complaints I see surrounding this series are the art and story. The art is an acquired taste I'll say, but I do think it's important to understand that the author is drawing the series like this intentionally. You can see in his spreads and previous series, that he can do cleaner artwork. He's most likely using the sketchy art style to make the series stand out more, and it makes the action, in my opinion, feel more kinetic and visceral. He also fixes a couple of the little drawing mistakes in the volumes, so I have no real problems with his art. I will agree that the story isn't anything to write home about on paper, but I think that the series executes its story beats expertly. People always take about "this series took the shounen formula and perfected it" (not gonna name series), but this is the first one where I would stand by that statement. This is a series that I feel that many people won't give a chance due to the beginning being kinda slow, and it is I'm not disputing that. However, I think that as the series goes on the writing gets really good and the characters really start growing on you. I've always told my friends who read manga to get to chapter 15. If they can read to chapter 15 and see absolutely nothing of value from the series, I just recommend they drop it then, it probably just isn't their thing.

Hmm Chainsawman and Hell's Paradise I'd say are underrated.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!

I never spoke to anyone about this manga, so I never heard the art complaint before. But seriously? The artwork from a technical standpoint is perfect for the tone of the manga. And fight choreography and paneling is some of the best work in that department that I've seen in years. The story is what the story is, it's subjective so I don't really see much point in arguing about that in general. But I'd say I've been enjoying the series more with every arc.

Hmm Chainsawman and Hell's Paradise I'd say are underrated.
I agree with Hell's Paradise, but I don't think Chainsawman counts as underrated. It has a much bigger following than both Jujutsu Kaisen and Hell's Paradise combined. It's one of the most popular series in Jump right now.

I never spoke to anyone about this manga, so I never heard the art complaint before. But seriously? The artwork from a technical standpoint is perfect for the tone of the manga. And fight choreography and paneling is some of the best work in that department that I've seen in years. The story is what the story is, it's subjective so I don't really see much point in arguing about that in general. But I'd say I've been enjoying the series more with every arc.
There have been some bad takes in my Twitter feed lately with people slandering the art for being to sketchy and hard to follow. But it's one of the main complaints I've found when I try to talk people into reading the series.

I agree with Hell's Paradise, but I don't think Chainsawman counts as underrated. It has a much bigger following than both Jujutsu Kaisen and Hell's Paradise combined. It's one of the most popular series in Jump right now.

There have been some bad takes in my Twitter feed lately with people slandering the art for being to sketchy and hard to follow. But it's one of the main complaints I've found when I try to talk people into reading the series.
I haven't been following anything major outside of little glimpses on Reddit. So /shrug, and I've been reading Hell's Paradise since yesterday, It's pretty cool and interesting so far. On chapter 63 and counting haha.

SPOILER

宿儺に敗れた漏瑚 精神空間で花御とダゴンに詫びる 花御「まだ真人がいますよ、真人はまだまだ強くなる」 宿儺「オマエは焼き尽くすべきだったのだ打算も計画もなく手当たり次第 五条悟に行きつくまで未来も種もかなぐり捨ててな理想を掴み取る飢えがお前には足りてなかった」 漏瑚「そうかもしれんな…」 宿儺「だがまぁ多少は楽しめたぞ。千年戦った中ではマシな方だった。誇れ、オマエは強い」 涙を流す漏瑚 漏瑚「…何だこれは」 宿儺「さぁな。俺はそれを知らん」 燃え尽きてる漏瑚を見下ろす宿儺 そこに宿儺を迎えに来た裏梅という男が現れる。 何かに怯え伏黒を起こそうとしてるサイドテール

SPOILER

Spoilers by dragonballhype/asahi

Last edited:
- Sukuna has two types of attacks: His usual slicing attack KAI as well as HACHI which grates his target based on (curse) power differences.
- Unlike other domains Malevolent Shrine doesn't divide space into 2 parts, it manifests an innate domain without sealing the barrier akin to a godly feat of drawing in empty space instead of on a canvas.
- Because he grants his targets an escape route the binding extends the area of his domain to a radius of around 200m.
- Taking its effect on Megumi into account he reduces the area of effect to 140m on the ground.
- Targets affected by the guaranteed-hit effect of cursed energy are showered perpetually with Hachi, non-living with Kai until Malevolent Shrine vanishes.
- The only way to destroy Makora is "to slaughter him with a Jujutsu it's seen for the first time before it can adapt".
- Hachi meets that requirement if the adaptation concerns only Kai and not slashing attacks themselves.
- Makora's regeneration comes to a stop.
- "FUUGA".
- The flames that killed Jougo assault Makora.
- And a huge pillar of flames envelops the streets of Shibuya.
- Before Sukuna's overwhelming power Sidetail can only watch in petrification.
- In the next moment he sees Sukuna carrying Makora's wheel walking his way.
- "What are you looking at? Get lost.".
- "P-please excuse me!".
- Hearing Sukuna's words Sidetails makes for a run and attempts to leave the scene.
- "I survived again. My luck really is good after all.".
- The curse user Sidetails is called Shigemo Haruta and his technique stores "miracles".
- It erases Shigemo's little everyday miracles from his memory and stores them.
- Those stored up miracles are used up if Shigemo finds himself in life or death situations.
- You can see the number of miracles on the patterns of his face but Shigemo himself isn't aware of that.
- "I survived again today!!".
- That's when-
- The miracles he had used in his fight with Nanami are cut right through the middle.
- Sukuna's body too shows abnormal behaviour.
- "It's almost time, huh.".
- At the same time Megumi's body in a state of suspended death is found by Yaga and Shoko.
- "Fushiguro!!".
- Right when Yaga called his name-
- Sukuna takes his leave.
- "Was the one I just saw Itadori... no, was that Sukuna!?".
- Fushiguro's life was somehow saved. But as for Itadori-