Character Discussion Kaido and King are good (at least not bad) antagonists

Initially, I thought they were the worst antagonists in One Piece. I hated both Kaido and King after their sucky flashbacks. In addition, in terms of strength, King did not demonstrate anything impressive, and his lunar defense only confused (Obviously, the lunar defense was invented after chapter 1010). (Also, I was a ZKK fanatic.) But after a while, humility came, I re-read Wano (and watched some episodes of the anime). And guess what? Kaido is cool. King is cool. Kaido literally showed throughout Onigashima who was in charge here. The protagonist himself lost several times (and even died once). And even after receiving 5 gears, Luffy was much inferior to the beaten, at the limit of his capabilities, barely standing on his feet Kaido. In addition, Kaido has charisma. This is especially noticeable in anime. Well, according to the flashback: the character does not have to be deep to be good. The flashback makes us understand the whole character of Kaido, this is the main thing.
King. In many ways, of course, the 1062 series helped. But still, this bastard playfully threw Zoro (after all his exploits on the roof) at Onigashima (King became serious only after the mask was broken). And besides, after the opening of the King of Hell mode, King did not lose with one blow, he was able to hold out for some time against Zoro's One-shot Machine. King is brutal, handsome. His memory, despite being simple, is quite touching (again, thanks to the anime). Of the little things, it can be noted that King gave orders throughout the onigashima, showing himself to be a very competent leader who deserved the title of the right hand, and also defeated Marco. King will definitely appear in the further story, given that he is the last of his race, and what happened to this race - we do not know.
Conclusion: Waido and Wing :myman:

C

CensoredbyWG

King is a straight forward character.

Like zoro, he is an underling who dedicated his whole life to someone he deemed superior and sucked up to this person until the very last second.

Kaido on the other hand is a great villain, my favorite in the show and i can't wait to see how much of a monster xebec was in order to get kaido, WB, shiki and big mommy to submit to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
King needed far more to make him even halfway decent. Jack had an arc focus, even Queen had his time.
One the other hand, King didn't really have any of that. His race receives more focus than him. In storywise, King probably remains the most disrespected of the YC1's.

King needed far more to make him even halfway decent. Jack had an arc focus, even Queen had his time.
One the other hand, King didn't really have any of that. His race receives more focus than him. In storywise, King probably remains the most disrespected of the YC1's.
I'm sorry, but personally, I like the same Who's Who more than the Queen

He kicked big meme down

Remove these 4 years we spent in Wano and nothing changes in the story. We just had a 4 year filler arc.

99.9% of characters are trash and bad written.
Yes, filler arch. Oden's flashback, knowledge of Pluto, knowledge of Nick, knowledge of lunarians, new power-ups of the main characters, Momo, who "will become the greatest shogun", which means he will appear in the further plot, AdvCoA, AdvCoC. It's all filler 🤡

Yes, filler arch. Oden's flashback, knowledge of Pluto, knowledge of Nick, knowledge of lunarians, new power-ups of the main characters, Momo, who "will become the greatest shogun", which means he will appear in the further plot, AdvCoA, AdvCoC. It's all fillerYes, filler arch. Oden's flashback, knowledge of Pluto, knowledge of Nick, knowledge of lunarians, new power-ups of the main characters, Momo, who "will become the greatest shogun", which means he will appear in the further plot, AdvCoA, AdvCoC. It's all filler 🤡
Also alliance of the three main rookies luffy, kid and law

Yes, filler arch. Oden's flashback, knowledge of Pluto, knowledge of Nick, knowledge of lunarians, new power-ups of the main characters, Momo, who "will become the greatest shogun", which means he will appear in the further plot, AdvCoA, AdvCoC. It's all filler 🤡
Oh yes, I forgot to say about the Rocks

--It depends on what you want from an antagonists. I give more importance to power level of an character so Kaido was highly impressive in that respect and based.

--Now character wise Waido was decent. I don't think he is that far behind lucci or enel imho if not on their level. Only Doffy is much better.

--King is bit weird. He is a character very much connected to kaido and is a part of him. Individually he feels a bit empty. While also impressive , he was defeated quickly unlike Kata so he has less impact in manga (anime did a good job though)

--So character wise King does feels lackluster and empty/shallow in manga. It is not helped by the fact albert feels different from masked king.