Versus Battle Katara Toph & Zuko vs Azula & Ty Lee

Id say Gaang wins if both sides have full knowledge about each other.

If Ty Lee were to go up against Toph. Toph would give herself a rock armour defence. Making it impossible to touch her body.

Whilst Azula already fought Zuko and Katara. And we all know what happened there.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
My Avatar memory is blurry. Haven't watched it in some time but I would say Katara, Toph, and Zuko.

D

Dragomir

Id say Gaang wins if both sides have full knowledge about each other.

If Ty Lee were to go up against Toph. Toph would give herself a rock armour defence. Making it impossible to touch her body.

Whilst Azula already fought Zuko and Katara. And we all know what happened there.
Both teams have full knowledge. Ty Lee wouldn't attack Toph if she knows her skills will be useless there.

That was a mentally deranged Azula. I think it's pretty clear that was she in a normal state of mind, she would have beaten both of them. Azula was always a stronger Firebender than Zuko and the fight was during Sozin's comet, Katara's waterbending would likely have been incinerated from the large fire output of Zuko and Azula's agnikai.

What about the other rounds?

Both teams have full knowledge. Ty Lee wouldn't attack Toph if she knows her skills will be useless there.

That was a mentally deranged Azula. I think it's pretty clear that was she in a normal state of mind, she would have beaten both of them. Azula was always a stronger Firebender than Zuko and the fight was during Sozin's comet, Katara's waterbending would likely have been incinerated from the large fire output of Zuko and Azula's agnikai.

What about the other rounds?
Then shouldnt you make match-up@ that we can stick to ?

- Katara soloes them in the second round. If shes allowed to use Bloodbending. Lets assume shes allowed since thats her most OP ability.

- Third Round.....Idk

- 4th round. Assuming its normal circumstances....Gaang still wins. Mai really isnt as useful or as strong as the other two in my memory.

Veku

Flamboyant
It's been a while since I watched Avatar, also I haven't read the comics so my knowledge is limited to the tv show.

Round: 1
Azula vs Zuko is naturally happening...While Zuko vs Azula would be a fairly even fight, I think Zuko admitted that Azula is usually stronger than him, he was only confident about beating due to her mental state getting worse. However, I believe end of series Toph and Katara would absolutely stomp Tylee and immobilize her (she has already done that in S2) before she even get's close, . So they'd end the fight quickly before Zuko loses and gang up on Azula.

Round 2: Team Avatar stomps lol. Blood bending can not be countered, add Toph and Zuko on top.....
Round 3: Same result as round 1.
Round 4 : Tough one. With the addition of Mai, whoever fights Ty Lee has to be extremely careful, though I'd say Team Avatar has the better skillset to support each other, like Toph can create platforms, walls and stuff, Katara can use her Kraken technique and both can immobilize their targets also and if Toph is smart she'd go for a rock armor, which makes it impossible for Ty lee to even hit her weak points and for Mai's throwing knifes to injure her. Also iirc, Mai already almost lost to beginning of S2 Katara and Ty Lee had to safe her, so she'd be the weakest of the bunch individually, making her the easiest target.

D

Dragomir

Then shouldnt you make match-up@ that we can stick to ?
Wdym?

It's been a while since I watched Avatar, also I haven't read the comics so my knowledge is limited to the tv show.

Round: 1
Azula vs Zuko is naturally happening...While Zuko vs Azula would be a fairly even fight, I think Zuko admitted that Azula is usually stronger than him, he was only confident about beating due to her mental state getting worse. However, I believe end of series Toph and Katara would absolutely stomp Tylee and immobilize her (she has already done that in S2) before she even get's close, . So they'd end the fight quickly before Zuko loses and gang up on Azula.

Round 2: Team Avatar stomps lol. Blood bending can not be countered, add Toph and Zuko on top.....
Round 3: Same result as round 1.
Round 4 : Tough one. With the addition of Mai, whoever fights Ty Lee has to be extremely careful, though I'd say Team Avatar has the better skillset to support each other, like Toph can create platforms, walls and stuff, Katara can use her Kraken technique and both can immobilize their targets also and if Toph is smart she'd go for a rock armor, which makes it impossible for Ty lee to even hit her weak points and for Mai's throwing knifes to injure her. Also iirc, Mai already almost lost to beginning of S2 Katara and Ty Lee had to safe her, so she'd be the weakest of the bunch individually, making her the easiest target.
Shouldn't we factor in Azula's cunning into this? She likes to use words to get into her opponents' minds and she's very good at doing that. I can see bits during R1 and R3 & 4 where she plays tricks to allow an opening for Ty Lee and Mai. Furthermore, once the Gaang is distracted trying to stop those two, Azula can swoop in with some lightning to take down on of the Gaang. Katara probably being the first since she can heal.

Well you said Ty-Lee wouldnt face Toph if she knew shed lose. Wouldnt Zuko not face Azula, cause he knows hed lose against her as well. I mean its probably best using matchups if we use arguments such as they wouldnt want to confront that specific person.

Shouldn't we factor in Azula's cunning into this? She likes to use words to get into her opponents' minds and she's very good at doing that. I can see bits during R1 and R3 & 4 where she plays tricks to allow an opening for Ty Lee and Mai. Furthermore, once the Gaang is distracted trying to stop those two, Azula can swoop in with some lightning to take down on of the Gaang. Katara probably being the first since she can heal.
I mean how effective even are Mai and Ty Lee....if Toph were to just put them in an earth dome. One which they cant get out of. Then the rest of them tag team against Azula.

D

Dragomir

Well you said Ty-Lee wouldnt face Toph if she knew shed lose. Wouldnt Zuko not face Azula, cause he knows hed lose against her as well. I mean its probably best using matchups if we use arguments such as they wouldnt want to confront that specific person.
He could, but I think Zuko naturally wants to beat Azula even though he knows he's weaker.

I mean how effective even are Mai and Ty Lee....if Toph were to just put them in an earth dome. One which they cant get out of. Then the rest of them tag team against Azula.
I suppose you're right. Tbh, that sounds more like Toph is just too OP in this fight with her Earthbending.

Veku

Flamboyant
Wdym?

That might work in the beginning, but they would figure that out, especially Katara and Zuko who knows her in and out.
On the other hand, sneak attacks are always a option, so It'd be possible that it leads to a advantage, especially if Katara is being Azulas target. It makes Round 1, 3 and 4 more intresting, it's not necessarily a game changer though. More like a wild card that would work or not...

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Azula is just so powerful that I'm not sure even 2v3 the gang can win this. Zuko acknowledged that his only chance of beating Azula was when he could feel that she was going power-crazed due to having been made the Fire Lord lol. Composed Azula...idk, I think she was above Zuko lol. More dangerous fire, lightning generation, stronger bending overall, yeah I think Azula still takes down peak TLA Zuko.

Ty Lee is very dangerous too, not sure how relevant she is when she only has Azula supporting her, but if she gets in close, the match is over because she can instantly take down any of the benders, and 2v2 Azula and Ty Lee win every matchup here imo.

Idk. Maybe I'm underestimating the gang. Lol
Post automatically merged:

if Toph were to just put them in an earth dome. One which they cant get out of. Then the rest of them tag team against Azula.
Bruh. Toph put up a giant rock wall to stop Azula in Season 2, and Azula obliterated it with ease with a single lightning bolt lol.

Toph can't pull that stuff here. If she tries to trap Ty Lee then Azula just busts her out easily.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Round 2: Full moon is out
Round 3: Sozin's comet
Round 4: Mai joins Azula and Ty Lee
Is this end of series? Because the Gang is ridiculously strong at this point, especially Toph (who gets slept on).

1. Gaang wins. Zuko can fight Azula at parity for some time and now we have Toph to provide back up if Azula tries anything sneaky. Katara and Toph low diff Ty Lee then they gang up on Azula.
  2. Horrible victory. Same as above, except Toph and Zuko fight Azula from the get go and Katara plays with Ty Lee.
  3. I don't see Azula trucking her way through Zuko then both Toph and Katara. So, the gaang wins hard diff with Zuko being defeated.
  4. Doesn't make a difference tbh. Mai is weak.

Z
Katara had the upper hand when she was fighting Azula at the end of season 2, to the put that Zuko literally had to rescue Katara from slamming Azula into the ground. Katara alone can handle Azula in Round 1 while Zuko defeats Ty Lee. Toph does not even need to participate. Some of you need to re-watch Aang and Katara vs Azula and Zuko at the end of season 2 because Azula is being overrated in this thread.

Round 1: Katara and Zuko win with high difficulty is Toph doesn’t participate. They win with no difficulty if Toph does participate and Toph anf Zuko gang up on Ty Lee.

Round 2: Katara solos Azula and Tylee on her own, very easy stomp fight. Do I really need to elaborate why?

Round 3: While Azula is the strongest fighter in this thread due to Sozin’s comet, it’s still 3 versus 2, and one of the 3 also gets a power up by the commet. Katara, Zuko, and Toph win with low difficulty.

Round 4: Katara’s team still wins.

This thread is not balanced, and that’s due to either Azula being overrated or Katara being underrated. Azula cannot defeat Katara in a regular match up (so no comet, full moon, ect) as their duel at the end of season 2 proved. You need to either remove Zuko or Toph from this match up to make this fair. Or give Azula a very powerful bender like Ozai or Iroh on her side. Ty Lee and Mai are zero threat to any of the benders on Team Katara if they have knowledge.

This post is under the assumption that Katara has a healthy source of water, it’s a bit vague how much water Katara has access to in the opening post. Though Katara did learn to acquire water from external sources in season 3.