Kibutsuji Muzan vs Ryomen Sukuna (Villain-wise)

Who is the better villain?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
As the title says who is the better villain of the two? Which one do you like more? Why? Share your thoughts.

vs

Tagging some people who read both.

@Marimo_420 @dizzy2341 @playa4321 @Missy @Gol D. Roger @DarkWitch @Tris @Seth
Sukuna all the way.

Muzan is plain and simple and his motives are known since the beginning of the fucking story.

Farm blood and look for that flower shit.

At first Muzan gave me chills and the impression was amazing although once I found out how plain and boring his motives are I dropped my interest in him.

+ His fighting appearance was trash.

Sukuna strikes fear into readers brains and you are literally terrified only wondering what he can pull off next and we are yet to know his motives and goals.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
From what I see from Gojo, Sakuna via scaling should take it.
That was beyond the lvl of Kimetsu no Yaiba and let be honest, Muzan fightstyle is lame and not really impressive, Sakuna should take this battle.
Who's better villain- wise playa-san. You're been spending too much time power-sclaing.

Not that I blame you.
:sanmoji:

OT: While Sukuna does have more character deapth to him compared to Muzan, Muzan excecuted his job as a villain perfectly.

He's a fat piece piece of turd, a plauge to society, an exsistance so utterly disgusting, that I can't find myself to like him.

You're meant to hate villains, and with every action Muzan takes in the manga it just makes you despise the character further and further.

Better character = Sukuna.

Better Villain = Muzan.

When JJK ends he Sukuna might surpass Muzan, but right now Muzan takes it.

Who's better villain- wise playa-san. You're been spending too much time power-sclaing.

Not that I blame you.
:sanmoji:

OT: While Sukuna does have more character deapth to him compared to Muzan, Muzan excecuted his job as a villain perfectly.

He's a fat piece piece of turd, a plauge to society, an exsistance so utterly disgusting, that I can't find myself to like him.

You're meant to hate villains, and with every action Muzan takes in the manga it just makes you despise the character further and further.

Better Villain = Muzan.

:josad:Forget what I said...
:josad:

Better villain - Muzan

Who I like more -- Sukuna all the way

Not that much we know of sukuna......
Post automatically merged:

Better Villain = Muzan.

Perfectly said :cheers:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Ofc. People don't hate Sukuna for being a murderous, rapist ish character.

:ihaha:
He's not a rapist though is he lol.

Most of the time people just fanboy/ fangirl overtime cus he's just that cool or badass. Or people hate him because they love Gojo and they just can't enjoy both characters. Not causes he's despicable, and not because of his actions.

When Sukuna cuts people down, fans hype that shit up.

When Muzan cuts people down, he does it in a way that is vile enough to make you want to join the demon slayer corps and kill him yourself.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
That's because of how bad of motherfucker he is.
Yep, you however won't see anyone hyped for Muzan slaughtering another Pillar or main character.

People also want Sukuna's death.
Few and far in between. People love him.

Muzan had 100 percent of the fandom united in wanting him to be tortured for years before getting murdered.

They wanted him to forever burn in the sun.

He is not beneficial for the good guys.
Lol. Never said he was Seth.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
From what I see from Gojo, Sakuna via scaling should take it.
That was beyond the lvl of Kimetsu no Yaiba and let be honest, Muzan fightstyle is lame and not really impressive, Sakuna should take this battle.
Yeah I think it was pretty clear Sukuna would take him out in a battle so I wanted to make this a battle of who's the better villain.

I don't think it's the fairest comparison since Muzan is a completed villain in a finished series whereas Sukuna hasn't had any development yet. Muzan roflstomps Sukuna as they are atm which doesn't say much, but even if we were to compare their roles in the story at around the same point (so just before Infinity Fortress for Muzan), then MJ still plays a significantly better role as the main villain than Sukuna. Heck, it's still not even certain that Sukuna is the main antagonist.

Intro - Muzan
Presence - Muzan
Design - Muzan
Contrast to MC - Muzan
Abilities - Muzan

The real meat and potatoes of Sukuna's character is yet to be seen, but at the same point in time, he still doesn't compare.

Who I like more? Sukuna all the way. Villain wise? Definitely Muzan. Sukuna is more of Kurama type dude and I don't see him as a sinister villain. Strength wise, full power Sukuna should beat Muzan.
Yep. They're two different types of villains. Sukuna is written to be entertaining. Everything he does is presented in a way that makes him seem badass and cool. Like an evil Gojo.

Muzan is written to be absolutely loathed. At first we might think he's cool, but as time goes on and especially during Infinity Fortress, there's just no way at all he was written to be seen as anything other than a piece of shit that should never have existed.

You're supposed to enjoy Sukuna. You're not supposed to enjoy Muzan. Not at all. But in terms of how well written they both are, Muzan is very clear IMO.

D

Dragomir

Sukuna and Muzan aren't really the best characters to compare with. I haven't read the manga of Demon Slayer yet but from the anime and after reading the above posts, I can tell that his purpose as a villain is far different from what Sukuna's is. As @dizzy2341 said, Sukuna is meant to be enjoyed. He's a character who whenever he's on-screen is cool and badass. It's exactly as @Seth said, whenever he cuts someone down, it gets hyped up. You can say that the author does a great job in writing Sukuna to achieve that purpose to entertain the readers. And in that sense, Sukuna is a well-written character. He still does stand as an obstacle in Yuji's path but not so much so like Mahito who had actually become someone Yuji wanted to defeat. And speaking of Mahito, I think he and Muzan are much more comparable. The entire impression of what I got from Mahito is that he is a character created for not only the MC to hate, but the audience as well. SPOILER ALERT: By killing off a newly introduced character meant to befriend Yuji in Junpei, then fan favorites Nanami and potentially Nobara whose status is unclear right now, Mahito does accomplish the purpose of being hated very well imo.

Kinda deviated a little there from the topic at hand but yeah, that's what I believe. You can't properly compare both because they function differently as villains. Not to mention how Sukuna is still a very hidden character to the readers. His motivations, backstory, and such are all unknown. Still waiting to see why he's so interested in Megumi for example. I can see arguments going either way but those are my 2 cents.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Sukuna Stomp, a durabilidade de Muzan รฉ baixa, Sukura pode Sukuna Stomp, Muzan's durability is low, Sukura can obliterate him with more than one attack.
It's not a powerscaling thread, just who is a better villain.

I feel like Mahito is a much better villain to compare to Muzan. I like Sukuna more as a character, but his role in the story is different from Muzan's and it's not complete yet so it's hard to compare the two in my opinion. Mahito would be a much more fitting opponent.

People are giving Muzan more credit than I thought they would though. When the series ended most people said that Muzan was one of the biggest disappointments. Like he wasn't the Demon King from NNT levels of disappointing, he was just kinda underwhelming. He wasn't helped by the fact that his subordinates (the Upper Moons) had much more interesting powers and backstories than him.

[QUOTE = "Light D Lamperouge, post: 1566464, membro: 19"] Nรฃo รฉ um tรณpico de escalonamento poderoso, apenas quem รฉ um vilรฃo melhor. [/ QUOTE]
Meu baad haha. Lol this is hard, because although Sukuna is really bad, he is so charismatic that I don't see him as a villain, at least not yet, in some part of the work he must come out of Yuji's body or something.