Chapter Discussion Kimetsu no Yaiba - Original Ending and Epilogue

Kimetsu no Yaiba's final chapters 204 and 205 were published in the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine back in May this year. However, what we didn't know at the time was that the original ending Gotouge wrote had to be cut from the magazine. Jump wouldn't allow KnY to have a page increase to fit in the full ending and so Gotouge had to remove 14 pages from the original chapters.

Some thought that the ending that was published in May was unsatisfying as it didn't give a proper conclusion to the characters we knew, however the reality is that their resolution was cut by WSJ. It has now been fully published in the final volume that just released in Japan.

All the cut pages, volume extras and Gotouge's message can be found here:
@playa4321

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Beautiful.

Ending seemed hella rushed. Glad there was more to it then just that.
Post automatically merged:

Also praise the Lord for Aoi × Inosuke. Started off as a crack ship but here we are lmao.

Beautiful.

Ending seemed hella rushed. Glad there was more to it then just that.
Gotouge's got a special way with words. Plus the characters and the emotional weight to them was always my favourite aspect of the series. Before I'd even seen the translations, just seeing them happy hit like a truck lmao.

I'm just lost for words at how Jump didn't give the biggest series in Japan of the last decade the original ending it deserved.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Gotouge's got a special way with words. Plus the characters and the emotional weight to them was always my favourite aspect of the series. Before I'd even seen the translations, just seeing them happy hit like a truck lmao.
I know what you mean. Every panel is just so bittersweet even without any text to go with them. The hardships and somber tone that he manages to convey every single time is just beautiful.

And yeah, It's pretty damm emotional seeing the full ending. The ending we truly did deserve.

I'm just lost for words at how Jump didn't give the biggest series in Japan of the last decade the original ending it deserved.
Jump can go die for all I care. They overwork magakas just to treat them like trash at the end. How do you not give KnY 14 extra pages? It's beyound a sin.