King of Ls - RI BOKU || How Yasuhisa Hara crafted the Greatest Antagonist in all of Manga

Where do they Rank ALL-TIME anime villains?

• Total voters
Riboku was such a mad genius that he actually crafted a strategy that convinced Ouki to come out of semi-retirement and actually lead a Qin army into battle. Lol

But I think this also speaks to how Riboku is subversive like I mentioned in my post above. Riboku in terms of straight up army vs army warfare is not the best General of his era or of all time. He admitted this himself when he claimed that he would lose a head on conflict with Renpa.

Riboku is the greatest General of this era (and any era) because of how he manipulates the terms of the battlefield to his advantage before the fighting even starts. It’s one thing to be so versatile that you can be thrown up against any army and still win (Ouki/Renpa), but it’s a whole other thing to be capable of manipulating the terms of war before the war even starts.

This is partially why Riboku is viewed as a coward by the Zhao court, and also why Riboku described himself as a coward when talking to Ryofui. He’s not some valorous warrior who charges into armies head on, he uses “cheap” tactics to score massive victories while hiding behind his men.

Renpa fought Ouki multiple times, neither one of them could kill the other. Riboku and his cowardly tactics faced Ouki exactly once and defeated him in an overwhelming fashion. Then he did the same thing against Gekishin.

The reason I think Riboku is Hara’s best character, is because on some level he actually is a coward who uses cheap tactics to win. However, it is exactly by using these cheap tactics that he was able to overcome two of the greatest generals of all time.

Riboku is simultaneously a coward who uses cheap tactics, while also being the Greatest General of his era who overcame all of the past legends. That is why I think he is awesome lol.
To be fair, Renpa had:
• A dude that was a tactician on a level where he could have been the head of Zhao military affairs and that taught to Renpa.
• A dude that fought Renpa and "burned his hands" a number of times in the past when he was an opponent and then fought 4 of the Qin six.
• A dude whose destructive power was compared to Renpa.
• A dude who could break through Ouki iron defences, landing a blow on Ouki in the process.

Renpa is an animal but those are some OP subordinates to have with you in a head on conflict. It would be insanely difficult for anyone to win. Riboku is a beast head on as well.

And yeah his ability to manipulate is tremendous, as you said.

This character truly is one of Hara's best.

Last edited: