Speculations King The Wild Fire may be a Garuda

This creature has only been mentioned once in One Piece, and it was in the Sanji vs Judge fight in ch.833. Never mentioned again after this moment.

In Japan, Garuda is an enormous fire-breathing eagle man with golden feathers and magic gems crowning its head.
Like the Pheonix,
Garuda is associated with fire and serves as a symbol of Flame. (said to represent the purification of the mind by the burning away of all material desires....

Ironically in Hinduism the Garuda is a Divine Eagle like Sun Bird known as the King of Birds. This would explain King's affiliation with fire.

These are the different depictions of a Garuda.

The one thing throwing things off is King's Color scheme.

However, Oda's been very unpredictable with the colors recently so you never know lol, It also should be noted that there could be more to Kings Design given he's wearing a suit, and seemingly has his face covered.

If Sanji actually does fight King that would an interesting spin by Oda.

But yea its just speculation, just wanted to get it off my chest since I feel like were close to finding out more about King and the Commanders. If he's not a Garuda only other thing I could think of is some Fallen Angle race of sort lol.

Last edited: