Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

Bruh, I literally shed a year for this man when they revealed that he was dead, but I look at the next two pages and saw that this man done hoodwinked the entirety of Qin lmao.

Well, I'm glad he's alive. I doubt he'll play any further role in the story based on that piece of info on Lu Buwei poisoning himself(which I assume is true), but I genuinely would like to see him return just a bit here and there as the story goes on.

The conversation between Sei and Ryo was quite interesting to read. I'd almost like to say that they've settled their differences from how respectful they sounded to one another but that doesn't really sound right. Nonetheless, to see Ryofui wish Sei luck was a very pleasant surprise. He's had his fill of life and retains no malice towards the latter. That was nice. And lastly, that hug from Ryo to Sei was really touching.

Overall, great chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
My coloring of the meeting between Ei Sei & Ryofui:

Great chapter and glad Hara decided to clarify that there was winner or loser between the two in their discussion when it comes to who's idea is superior or not. Good on Ryofui for being a great sport about it. The man who started out as a small time poor merchant and hustled his way up to stand toe to toe against China's kings.

It started from carriages:

And so it ends with the carriage:

Just like Ryofui has left Kingdom, I will now be leaving Worst Generation forum as well. It was been a pleasure discussing Kingdom with you all despite our disgreements and what not.

The intensity that Ryofui and Sei deliver during their meet up is truly next level. They are indeed Like Father Like Son. Ryo travelling in his carriage surely reminded me of his past. He came from having nothing so he has no worry as he walks out with nothing even after acquiring everything. Rishi and SHK showing their concerns were truly a nice little detail added.
- Ryofui/10 chapter

Great chapter and glad Hara decided to clarify that there was winner or loser between the two in their discussion when it comes to who's idea is superior or not. Good on Ryofui for being a great sport about it. The man who started out as a small time poor merchant and hustled his way up to stand toe to toe against China's kings.

Just like Ryofui has left Kingdom, I will now be leaving Worst Generation forum as well. It was been a pleasure discussing Kingdom with you all despite our disgreements and what not.
Why man..?? Even if you have other things going on your life, try to balance it out. Don't have to be regular one but just drop by on your leisure. Anyway it was pleasure for us as well..:cheers:

Bruh that's a really good coloring, well done.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Oh baby!!! I loved this chapter. I had to wait until I really had time to sit down, pop in some music, and dive in fully focused before I messed with this chapter. And what a chapter it was!

So, Ryofui is right, Sei really does have a hint of fatigue in his eyes after the Gyou campaign..Hara did a great job showing such a subtle change in Sei’s demeanor. Which means now is a great time to talk about the “elephant in the room” surrounding Sei’s character:
The fact that the real life Qin Shi Huang (Sei) went completely batshit insane after China was unified, believing himself to be immortal and pulling off all sorts of insane fuckery lol.

I had wondered how or if Hara would attempt to start to show this, but it looks like we’re entering a sub-plot that will revolve around the mental toll that unifying China is having on Sei, which I think is the right writing choice both for historical accuracy and also to show that Sei himself is going through his own conflicts despite not setting foot on the battlefield.

In short, this is a brilliant setup from Hara that actually exceeded my expectations. I guess I did actually expect Hara would gloss over this aspect of Sei’s character? But I think the whole Unification ordeal is going to be a lot more meaningful if we actually watch Sei’s mental struggle in real time, a struggle brought on by the weight of his own dream.

Okay, so into Ryofui. I haven’t actually talked much about Ryofui on the Internet, but in tribute to what may actually be the end to his character in the Kingdom Manga, I will say:

Imo, Ryofui is a rare breed of flawlessly written characters that I’ve seen in manga, and I do not throw a saying like that around lightly. Ryofui is, for me, in the same tier as characters like Guts and Griffith from Berserk, characters who I don’t think I’m actually equipped to praise them for how supremely well written they are. Everything about him from his initial introduction, to the nature of his conflict with Sei, to the ultimate climax at Kinen and the conflict of ideals, and even now to the aftermath of Ryofui’s role as a major antagonist, imo, has just been next level. A true gem of a character/antagonist and one of the best I think I’ve ever read.

So seeing him now in such a bittersweet light, as he praises Sei and remarks that he wants to see what a Unified China will look like, gives me such feels that I don’t know how to describe them. And the fact that he faked his own death so he could journey around the world and see this China for himself...Hara pls. This is too much man.

Overall a phenomenal chapter that I’m glad I waited to take the time and read deeply. Here’s to Ryofui and I hope he enjoys his journey across China.

Status
Not open for further replies.