Powers & Abilities koby is sora, warrior of the sea

from the one piece wiki:

Sora, Warrior of the Sea
is a popular comic strip published in the World Economic Journal.
The comic tells the story of the fictional Marine hero Sora, who can walk on water, and Sora's battles against the evil armies of Germa 66. In these battles, Sora is assisted by a transforming robot and a pet seagull.
According to Vito, Sora's battles are based on the exploits of real Marine heroes, to serve as propaganda to increase support for the Marine cause.
So there were mainly two purposes to introducing this comic into the series. One was to make it to where other characters had intensive knowledge about Germa, but another purpose was foreshadowing, as this comic revealed the designs of Judge, Ichiji, and Niji, before they were revealed in the manga. So given that the comic foreshadowed those designs, I think it is very likely that it will also foreshadow something else in regards to Sora and the marines.

Sora uses advanced technology. He has a transforming robot, a suit similar in design to the raid suit, and a futuristic gun. I think it is no coincidence that in wano, the marines announced that the SSG, the "Special Science Team"(Viz translation), would be replacing the shichibukai. From this it is clear that Sora, warrior of the sea is foreshadowing the SSG.

The transforming robot is clearly foreshadowing the return of the pacifista, which would surely be upgraded. But what of Sora? Will we see some sort of equivalent to Sora? Well, Sora was a marine hero. And in the marines, there are only two distinct characters who have been labelled as "heroes". Those being Koby and Garp.

Koby is a very important character. If he wasn't I don't think he would have been introduced in chapter 2, and then routinely brought back with more and more development. He wouldn't have important roles in pivotal arcs such as marineford.
So I think it is time that Koby really makes a name for himself as a marine. Even if, for some reason, you don't believe Koby will become admiral in the main timeline of the series(which I don't understand why he can't), he at least needs to end this series off as a decently strong marine.

I think this is why Koby is the best candidate for Sora. He's both important and in serious need for relevance.

another thing is that I always thought Koby had similarities with Captain America, from Marvel. He is a guy who was very weak at first, but wanted to be a soldier. Despite his weakness, he is a very good person. Koby is even a captain, just like captain america is. If Oda really was inspired by captain america when he designed Koby, then it would make sense for Koby to gain his science power up, similar to captain america.

When Koby was talking to drake, he said that he would capture boa hancock, not that he and [insert vice admiral/admiral] was going to capture hancock. If Koby was to be the next sora, this could explain why. Like I said, Koby is in serious need for relevance. I don't think Oda would send Koby to amazon lily if he wasn't going to do something relevant. Especially because he could have easily made Koby go after Buggy and capture alvida, something he would have surely been strong enough to do and something he talked about doing way back in chapter 2. There has to be a reason why Oda sent Koby to hancock instead of Alvida.

Vegapunk has intensive knowledge of devil fruits and devil fruit science. He was able to make a working, albeit slightly defective and heavily underpowered, replica of kaido's devil fruit 4 years ago. He has been heralded as the greatest scientist, which is a huge feat as that means he is above Judge. Judge, as we know, was able to create super soldiers with paramecia-like abilities.

So I think it is more than believable that Vegapunk would be able to make a marine captain strong enough to take out a shichibukai. And as said before, such a huge jump in power would be in line with Koby's captain america theme. Its also hard to believe that the marines could replace the shichibukai with the pacifista alone, they need strong fighters. People capable of going toe to toe with yonko commanders. Since they do not have many of those, they would need to use science to artificially power someone up to that level. There are several overpowered devil fruits capable of doing that and vegapunk has knowledge on said devil fruits.

So its not "too soon" for Koby to be that strong nor is it implausible.

anyways these are just my opinions. I know any speculation I have on Koby being strong or becoming strong is heavily unpopular, but if other fans are allowed to wank zoro and sanji as much as they do, I hope y'all can at the very least let me have this, lmao.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Totally agree that Koby is important, and likely strong enough to face off against powerful pirates in this series without too much trouble. Still think it’s a stretch to say he’s being set up as Sora’s avatar when we’ve known Koby since the second chapter and the Warrior of the Sea comic strip was mentioned once at the beginning of WCI and never again. Not sure how I’d feel if Koby was also turned into a quasi-cyborg, seems like we have enough characters in this series who are half machine.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I don't think he is anyone else here

Coby is simply Coby

And do not underestimate his power because it was Garp to train him after all

He has got a lot more to show for such reason

from the one piece wiki:

So there were mainly two purposes to introducing this comic into the series. One was to make it to where other characters had intensive knowledge about Germa, but another purpose was foreshadowing, as this comic revealed the designs of Judge, Ichiji, and Niji, before they were revealed in the manga. So given that the comic foreshadowed those designs, I think it is very likely that it will also foreshadow something else in regards to Sora and the marines.

Sora uses advanced technology. He has a transforming robot, a suit similar in design to the raid suit, and a futuristic gun. I think it is no coincidence that in wano, the marines announced that the SSG, the "Special Science Team"(Viz translation), would be replacing the shichibukai. From this it is clear that Sora, warrior of the sea is foreshadowing the SSG.

The transforming robot is clearly foreshadowing the return of the pacifista, which would surely be upgraded. But what of Sora? Will we see some sort of equivalent to Sora? Well, Sora was a marine hero. And in the marines, there are only two distinct characters who have been labelled as "heroes". Those being Koby and Garp.

Koby is a very important character. If he wasn't I don't think he would have been introduced in chapter 2, and then routinely brought back with more and more development. He wouldn't have important roles in pivotal arcs such as marineford.
So I think it is time that Koby really makes a name for himself as a marine. Even if, for some reason, you don't believe Koby will become admiral in the main timeline of the series(which I don't understand why he can't), he at least needs to end this series off as a decently strong marine.

I think this is why Koby is the best candidate for Sora. He's both important and in serious need for relevance.

another thing is that I always thought Koby had similarities with Captain America, from Marvel. He is a guy who was very weak at first, but wanted to be a soldier. Despite his weakness, he is a very good person. Koby is even a captain, just like captain america is. If Oda really was inspired by captain america when he designed Koby, then it would make sense for Koby to gain his science power up, similar to captain america.

When Koby was talking to drake, he said that he would capture boa hancock, not that he and [insert vice admiral/admiral] was going to capture hancock. If Koby was to be the next sora, this could explain why. Like I said, Koby is in serious need for relevance. I don't think Oda would send Koby to amazon lily if he wasn't going to do something relevant. Especially because he could have easily made Koby go after Buggy and capture alvida, something he would have surely been strong enough to do and something he talked about doing way back in chapter 2. There has to be a reason why Oda sent Koby to hancock instead of Alvida.

Vegapunk has intensive knowledge of devil fruits and devil fruit science. He was able to make a working, albeit slightly defective and heavily underpowered, replica of kaido's devil fruit 4 years ago. He has been heralded as the greatest scientist, which is a huge feat as that means he is above Judge. Judge, as we know, was able to create super soldiers with paramecia-like abilities.

So I think it is more than believable that Vegapunk would be able to make a marine captain strong enough to take out a shichibukai. And as said before, such a huge jump in power would be in line with Koby's captain america theme. Its also hard to believe that the marines could replace the shichibukai with the pacifista alone, they need strong fighters. People capable of going toe to toe with yonko commanders. Since they do not have many of those, they would need to use science to artificially power someone up to that level. There are several overpowered devil fruits capable of doing that and vegapunk has knowledge on said devil fruits.

So its not "too soon" for Koby to be that strong nor is it implausible.

anyways these are just my opinions. I know any speculation I have on Koby being strong or becoming strong is heavily unpopular, but if other fans are allowed to wank zoro and sanji as much as they do, I hope y'all can at the very least let me have this, lmao.
Very good theory that still holds up currently honestly