Character Discussion Law's personality

During his time post TS, he’s been involved in serious shit imo. PH/DR aren’t the joke, cool guy situations. You’d expect a guy facing off against his “mortal enemy or the WSC” to be dead serious. Both situations can lead to death if not handled right.

people have to remember the way luffy/Zoro act is cartoon shit. In reality the situation there in most of the time, there mindset gets them killed in the real world.

Pretimeskip, Law seemed like a rebel type guy. Giving a middle finger to kidd by the first time they met.
But i felt like he changed since timeskip. He's now more serious and doesn't joke anymore. Did oda actually change his character or do you think Post TS law is still the same character?
I think he definitely changed, he had a rebel air around him pre-TS. And he was smiling and teasing all the time.

Post-TS he became way more serious. Oda surely did it on purpose. I'm just wondering what was it in those 2 years that changed him.

I think he definitely changed, he had a rebel air around him pre-TS. And he was smiling and teasing all the time.

Post-TS he became way more serious. Oda surely did it on purpose. I'm just wondering what was it in those 2 years that changed him.
I don't think it's something that's story related, I feel like Oda hadn't had figured out what he was going to do with Law before the timeskip. Post skip, he's a more fleshed out character and Oda knew in which direction he was going with Law so he changed his personality.

I don't think it's something that's story related, I feel like Oda hadn't had figured out what he was going to do with Law before the timeskip. Post skip, he's a more fleshed out character and Oda knew in which direction he was going with Law so he changed his personality.
That would be my first guess as well, but then the coincidence with their Jolly Roger would be really lucky

That would be my first guess as well, but then the coincidence with their Jolly Roger would be really lucky
It didn't mean much back then, I mean look at this :

Even if Oda knew his story would be linked to Doflamingo, that doesn't mean he planned everything about his story and personality. After all we know he originally didn't even intend to create the SN so it's unlikely he decided what he woud do with all of them just after he created them. He even admitted Law wasn't supposed to become that important.

I can say I really miss his and Zoro’s most expressive faces, the way they used to smile in a more playful manner, like when Zoro faced Mr. 1 and Law showed Kidd the finger.

Oda made him more serious and he lost a lot of charisma. I also believe he didn’t have a definitive plan for him when we first met him, but I don’t think that’s a good enough reason to change his initial personality.

It didn't mean much back then, I mean look at this :

Even if Oda knew his story would be linked to Doflamingo, that doesn't mean he planned everything about his story and personality. After all we know he originally didn't even intend to create the SN so it's unlikely he decided what he woud do with all of them just after he created them. He even admitted Law wasn't supposed to become that important.
Heart Pirates logo looks much more like DD Pirates than this. Maybe there are others which are also similar, like i remember.

Yeah but having general outlines is different than doing a complete change.
People who know how Oda writes pretty much emphasize him having a general idea with most things that he introduces, and then goes into detail and concrete points when it is actually time, and i think Law might be one of those cases, meaning the link to DD, but the backstory and with that connected the necessary personality, that came later.

flipping an asshole off makes you a rebel type, huh?
his edgyness was just a temporary. he never enjoyed violence or killing.
for his entire adult life he was striving to take down Doflamingo. it dominated him.

when we met him in PH his plan to destroy Doffy was already in motion. in the final stages. he focussed on that. there was little room for being a rebel there.
now that Doffy is gone he obviously changed.