Versus Battle Lord of the Rings battle : Gandalf the White VS The Necromencer

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
For those who have seen LOTR and The Hobbit part 2 this is a fight between Gandalf the White as he is during Return of the king and the Necromencer as he is during the Hobbit part 2.

Here is the fight between Hobbit Gandalf the grey vs Necromencer :

We saw that Gandalf the grey put up a fight but was overwhelmed by Sauron's power. Sauron as the Necromancer was powerful but not at his best at all, he wanted to hide because he was not prepared enough to really fight. He was also banished by Galadriel.

Can Gandalf the White kick his ass ?

Round 1 : Gandalf the White vs The Necromancer

Round 2 : Gandalf the White with his own white staff and also his grey staff vs The Necromancer

Round 2 : Gandalf the grey and Radagast vs The Necromancer

Tags : @Admiral Lee Hung @TheAncientCenturion @Steven @Seth @NeutralWatcher @Longleg Larry @Owl Ki @Gambit @ANIKI etc

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
For those who have seen LOTR and The Hobbit part 2 this is a fight between Gandalf the White as he is during Return of the king and the Necromencer as he is during the Hobbit part 2.

Here is the fight between Hobbit Gandalf the grey vs Necromencer :

We saw that Gandalf the grey put up a fight but was overwhelmed by Sauron's power. Sauron as the Necromancer was powerful but not at his best at all, he wanted to hide because he was not prepared enough to really fight. He was also banished by Galadriel.

Can Gandalf the White kick his ass ?

Round 1 : Gandalf the White vs The Necromancer

Round 2 : Gandalf the White with his own white staff and also his grey staff vs The Necromancer

Round 2 : Gandalf the grey and Radagast vs The Necromancer

Tags : @Admiral Lee Hung @TheAncientCenturion @Steven @Seth @NeutralWatcher @Longleg Larry @Owl Ki @Gambit @ANIKI etc
All i know is when gandalf went white he arrived late at a war and bodies went flying

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Probably Gandalf the White —neither maiar can make use of their full powers here, but Gandalf is probably significantly less nerfed than Sauron.

Maybe Gandalf the Grey can’t win, that’s a distinct possibility though.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It’d be much closer if it was Saruman and Radagast vs the Necromancer IMO.
Prime Saruman the white is likely weaker than Gandalf the white but still quite strong and I think not that far.

Even a lesser Saruman the White beat Gandalf the grey in Orthanc.

Saruman on the evil side became weaker, even Gandalf said that he was not white anymore but with numerous colors (if I remember well).

@Natalija this thread seems up your alley.
your tag likely didn't work

@Natalija

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Prime Saruman the white is likely weaker than Gandalf the white but still quite strong and I think not that far.

Even a lesser Saruman the White beat Gandalf the grey in Orthanc.

Saruman on the vil side became weaker, even Gandalf said that he was not white anymore but with numerous colors (if I remeber well).
Yeah but Saruman the white was also intensely jealous of Gandalf — I know it stretches back to Valinor but — throughout their time in Middle Earth it intensified . I don’t think he was leap years above The Grey.

I always took Saruman of Many Colors as more of the corruption and change in Saruman than his powers diminishing like Morgoth.

LOTR :finally:

If I'm not wrong, Tolkien said that in a 1 on 1 confrontation without the ring, Gandalf would have had a good chance to defeat him - considering that Sauron has diminished over the years. And that Gandalf is the only one on Middle Earth who would be capable of standing up to Sauron.

But there is the issue of Sauron overpowering Saruman easily - and Saruman had more brute power than Gandalf in general. Not to mention that Gandalf was also very afraid of Sauron always, and claimed "I am Gandalf, Gandalf the White, but Black is mightier still.". So by admittance he considered Sauron stronger in LOTR.

So I guess I'll go with the author and say 50/50 chances of Gandalf the White defeating the Necromancer. Win with double staff. Lose as Grey teamed up, they stand no chance to the mighty Sauron. :catrude:

Gandalf the Grey is more powerful than Galadriel in combat. Gandalf the White is more powerful than Gandalf the Grey.
Any Wizard is more powerful than her in combat, she had the help of her Phial in this case. So it was a unique situation of her strongest and his weakest. Tolkien said that alone she stood no chance whatsoever against Sauron in any shape or form.

So she doesn’t really matter in this equation.

In the books Gandalf the white says that he is the most powerfull being in middlearth after Sauron (I think it was to Gimli, something about fear/danger and he will never find somebody more dangerous than him if he is not brought in chains before Sauron) then it all befalld on hiw weakened it was Dol Guldur Sauron, I seem to recall he could not yet take human (or any other) form. If we took the movie one.. Gandlaf lost and Saruman the white didn't seem able to do mich better since Galadriel seemed a tier above everybody else and indeed make Sauron escape (even if in the books it is said he had long since prepared Mordor for his arrival) so.. Gandalf the white vs Galadriel.. I would say Gandalf the white going by the books but I don't know what powerlevels Peter Jackson put in his movies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
In the books Gandalf the white says that he is the most powerfull being in middlearth after Sauron (I think it was to Gimli, something about fear/danger and he will never find somebody more dangerous than him if he is not brought in chains before Sauron) then it all befalld on hiw weakened it was Dol Guldur Sauron, I seem to recall he could not yet take human (or any other) form. If we took the movie one.. Gandlaf lost and Saruman the white didn't seem able to do mich better since Galadriel seemed a tier above everybody else and indeed make Sauron escape (even if in the books it is said he had long since prepared Mordor for his arrival) so.. Gandalf the white vs Galadriel.. I would say Gandalf the white going by the books but I don't know what powerlevels Peter Jackson put in his movies.
The Witch King in the movies shattered Gandalf the White’s staff lol. In the books though people say Gandalf would stomp him.

The Witch King in the movies shattered Gandalf the White’s staff lol. In the books though people say Gandalf would stomp him.
Indeed, I remember I read the books between the 2 towers and the return of the king movie and when I saw that scene at cinema I was specchless lol. I the books (but also movies so the pwoerscale is already shattered) Gandalf the grey beat another godly entity aka the balrog while the ring wraiths are just humans made spectres and slaves of the ring but either way are absolutely not even close to the balrog (or Gandalf the grey who barely beat him) so Gnadlaf the white having his wand shattered by the witch king made no sense.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Dunno if anyone here besides me read the lore and etc but both versions of Gandalf should murder him.

In the books Gandalf actually dropped the mic on the Witch King.
Just silently faced him without flinching and basically ridiculed him. It didn't come to any physical fight, since Rohan appeared right at that moment, but Tolkien made it abundantly clear that Gandalf had the upper hand.