Theory Luffy's Devil Fruit's

My theory is quite simple. In Romance Dawn Luffy have eaten Devil Fruit and at that point we were told, that is a Gomu Gomu no mi. For more than 1000 chapters that was the canon. Currently there are reasons to believe that is not truth, but I think that it might be a red herring. Oda does that sometimes. I think that at that point of the story, Luffy was already DF user. We know that he was not able to swim. I think that for some reasons, he is able to have two DFs, but one of them is dormant or semi-dormant. That DF fruit would be Sun DF or Melt DF. Sun works better in the story because of the Sun connection and Black Beard Devil fruit.

Luffy having two devil fruits would be cool but it doesn't feel right imo. Teach was established to be "abnormal" therefore he can have more than 1 devil fruits. Don't think it's necessary for Luffy to have two DFs.

My theory is quite simple. In Romance Dawn Luffy have eaten Devil Fruit and at that point we were told, that is a Gomu Gomu no mi. For more than 1000 chapters that was the canon. Currently there are reasons to believe that is not truth, but I think that it might be a red herring. Oda does that sometimes. I think that at that point of the story, Luffy was already DF user. We know that he was not able to swim. I think that for some reasons, he is able to have two DFs, but one of them is dormant or semi-dormant. That DF fruit would be Sun DF or Melt DF. Sun works better in the story because of the Sun connection and Black Beard Devil fruit.
This guy predicted the Nika reveal and we ignored him.