Mereum vs Adult Gon

Restrictions: Pre Rose Mereum vs Adult Gon

Who's winning ?

My Opinion: Gon extreme diffs him. I feel like a lot of people underestimate Adult Gon for 3 reasons. First reason is that Meruem will be too durable whilst Gon wont have durability anywhere close to him. This is due to him losing his arm against Pitou. However what people dont take into consideration was that, Gon was offguard and wasnt using any nen protection. He believed Pitou was dead, and that was the end of the fight. Pitou attacked him whilst he was crying.

The second point is that JaJaken charges to long, and Mereum speedblitzes him whilst he is charging. However Gon has shown growth and compensation for this nerd, by being able to learn how to do fakes and what not. Gon would be able to hide whether he is actually gonna do a Rock or a fake, as he learnt it in Knuckles fight. Last point people say is Meruem is too smart for him. I honestly dont know what being smart would do for Mereum. Its not like Pre Rose Meruem has a vast array of ability. All he has is his physical stats. And unlike Netero, Gon is highly unpredictable and can come with new strategies. He wont be as easy to read and Gungi wont help him defeat Gon.

Idk this is my opinion. Im open if anyone has an opposite opinion and can show me if im wrong.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I'd say Extreme diff but I have a feeling. What if Gon goes into this fight fully aware of his opponent. You know Nen all over the place Gon being aware of surprise attacks, speed blitz attacks by Mereum etc.

Fully aware of his opponent and prepared Gon shouldn't High diff Mereum? Of course, if he's prepared and fully aware of all of the things so there won't be a situation that he loses his arm early ( could potentially lose later on ).

I don't know man.
Full Potential Gon will always remain a big power level mystery for me tbh.

I'd say Extreme diff but I have a feeling. What if Gon goes into this fight fully aware of his opponent. You know Nen all over the place Gon being aware of surprise attacks, speed blitz attacks by Mereum etc.

Fully aware of his opponent and prepared Gon shouldn't High diff Mereum? Of course, if he's prepared and fully aware of all of the things so there won't be a situation that he loses his arm early ( could potentially lose later on ).

I don't know man.
Full Potential Gon will always remain a big power level mystery for me tbh.
Meruem will always win. First of all pitou said that his fangs may reach him not that they were equal. Then it has been shown that the king is very durable and extremely intelligent whereas gon is not. I highly doubt one hit/jajanken from him is stronger than zero hand and that did next to nothing to meruem. Meruem will always win.

He was introduced as the epitome of strength by togashi and will remains that way. Pre rose or post.

Why is everyone voting on Gon..?? Adult Gon fodderized Pitou but Meruem made a joke out of Netero until his suicide attack. Now I know Netero was comparably weaker than Pitou but not by much. Meruem is durable af and is stronger/ faster.
The only impressive attack of Gon was his JaJaken which as already been mentioned takes too long of a time for someone as smart and capable like Meruem to think and act of a counter.
At the best Gon will take him to high-extreme diff but won’t beat him. Gon doesn’t have healing abilities. Every blow he will receive from Meruem will be fatal but not every attack of his is guaranteed to hurt our Ant king..!!

Why is everyone voting on Gon..?? Adult Gon fodderized Pitou but Meruem made a joke out of Netero until his suicide attack. Now I know Netero was comparably weaker than Pitou but not by much. Meruem is durable af and is stronger/ faster.
The only impressive attack of Gon was his JaJaken which as already been mentioned takes too long of a time for someone as smart and capable like Meruem to think and act of a counter.
At the best Gon will take him to high-extreme diff but won’t beat him. Gon doesn’t have healing abilities. Every blow he will receive from Meruem will be fatal but not every attack of his is guaranteed to hurt our Ant king..!!
Guess you and me are reading a different manga than them.

There is a difference between equal and this.

Dude I mentioned all of that in my OP.

Gon solved his Janken issues in his fight against Knuckle.
Post automatically merged:

Guess you and me are reading a different manga than them.

There is a difference between equal and this.

Yes the difference is Pitou believe Gon could actually kill Meruem.

This also implies that anyone who faced Gon wouldve died.

Last edited:

Fangs could sink means that he poses a threat, doesn’t mean he’s his equal and did you not read the rest of my post? He ranked zero hand with minimal scratch. That attack hits harder than gons jakanken for fucking sure. So you have a genius like meruem whos more durable against someone who is at worst less durable than him just by virtue of him not having an exoskeleton than you and you get what? Gon loses.

Not really, meruem isn’t anyone if she referred to the king she would’ve said his name. And why would meruem just sit there and take the hits anyways?

Fangs could sink means that he poses a threat, doesn’t mean he’s his equal and did you not read the rest of my post? He ranked zero hand with minimal scratch. That attack hits harder than gons jakanken for fucking sure. So you have a genius like meruem whos more durable against someone who is at worst less durable than him just by virtue of him not having an exoskeleton than you and you get what? Gon loses.
Not really, meruem isn’t anyone if she referred to the king she would’ve said his name. And why would meruem just sit there and take the hits anyways?
"His fangs could sink into the King's own throat" means he would kill him. As thats how predators usually kill there prey. Anyways your the one who brought up Pitou's hype. Pitou believing he is a threat to Mereum, its just the base of the Gon = Mereum belief.

Minimal scratch ?

This isnt minimal scratch. And Gon's jaJaken hits are wayyyyy more powerful than Netero's hits other than. Even Base Gon's kick did more than Netero's hatsu attack.

Gon's final hit against Pitou is no weaker than Zero hand.

And im pretty sure Gon could easily bring out AP like that. Since all his attacks are aura dependant.

Gon has higher AP whilst Mereum has higher durabiliy. However just cause Mereum has been lethal to Old Netero. Doesnt mean the same will happen to Gon. Gon will be covering his entire body with immense Ken, it wont be easy to land damage to Gon. Not only that but with his speed he can also dodge Mereum.

Lets also not forget Gon is the one with techniques and versatility. Whilst Mereum has nothing to offer in that dpeartment. All he has is his physical body.

Most likely pre rose Meruem. Afterall Meruem survived a small nuke and everything adult Gon or Netero did doesn't come close to a fraction of it. Also I dig as well the concept that Meruem is smarte than adult (acutally the child we know but with an adult body) Gon. And there is as well a chance that we didn't see the full capability of what pre rose Meruem could really do (bar his resitance which was tested by the nuke and his speed) aka to make the fight interesting for Meruem Netero proposed to fight until the ant made him admit defeat and at that point he would tell Meruem the name his mother gave him. In other words Meruem was not allowed to erase Netero but has to play him to the point he was still able to admit defeat so he could not hit too hard (it is logical to presume him, like the guards had some kind of special ability even if he already had the cheat like ability that he gained the nen of the people he eat making it his own).

Meruem wins

Gon is physically stronger than Pre Rose Meruem, however Meruem is way way more durable and he will kill off Gon faster than Gon will kill him off

Meruem is probably winning this high difficulty however

Most likely pre rose Meruem. Afterall Meruem survived a small nuke and everything adult Gon or Netero did doesn't come close to a fraction of it. Also I dig as well the concept that Meruem is smarte than adult (acutally the child we know but with an adult body) Gon. And there is as well a chance that we didn't see the full capability of what pre rose Meruem could really do (bar his resitance which was tested by the nuke and his speed) aka to make the fight interesting for Meruem Netero proposed to fight until the ant made him admit defeat and at that point he would tell Meruem the name his mother gave him. In other words Meruem was not allowed to erase Netero but has to play him to the point he was still able to admit defeat so he could not hit too hard (it is logical to presume him, like the guards had some kind of special ability even if he already had the cheat like ability that he gained the nen of the people he eat making it his own).
Well it was never shown that he had any ability other than Aura Synthesis. And it would makes sense tbh. Since he gains more hatsu, with the more people he eats. Since he never ate any nen user other than that bodyguard. Then he never had any other hatsu. I dont think Mereum was going easy on him at all.

--------------------
I dont really see how his intelligence can come into play when he doesnt have any hatsu to use it with. Whilst Gon on the other hand would be versatile with Jajaken. He would be using Scissors, Paper and Rock. Hed be using an array of different powers, and his aura didnt seem limited at all. Seeing Netero being able to hold Ren for 16 hours...Gon should be able to hold it way longer. Yes Enhancer attacks eats aura. But the sheer amount of aura he has, he can last very long.

In one minute Mereum was feeling pain from Netero. God knows what Gon would do to him.

Heres something interesting to note on speed.

- Pitou was able to track Netero's handmovements and was able to see them

- Now Mereum admits that Netero's handmovements is faster than even himself.

Meaning that even if Mereum can blitz Pitou. She should still be able to track Mereum's speed. She may not be able to react to him but she should be able to see his speed.

- Now for Gon, Pitou wasnt able to track him nor see his speed. He was way faster than her eyesight, and blitzed tf outta her.

In terms of speed, Pitou way out of Adult Gon's ballpark. She cannot keep up with him at all, making her look like a fodder to him.

Now im not saying Adult Gon blitzes Mereum, however I do think he is faster than Mereum by a bit.

Last edited: