Theory My Devil Fruit Awakening Theory

Theory time of mine:

There are two ways to awaken a zoan. It's either make a pact with the Devil in it or use your willpower and experience to influence the devil instead of the vice versa.

People who are not powerful enough end up like the jailer beasts in Impel Down. They cannot handle the devil influence. They're doomed from the start, even before the pact.

Others have a limit like Lucci and Kaku. That's why Kaku told Lucci to be careful with the Zoan awakening. His body can only handle so much devil influence from the pact.

The Gorosei are powerful enough to assert a connection with their devil. They work together, kinda like Naruto and Kurama, minus the friendship.

Luffy and Yamato used their sheer determination to be the one in control of their fruits instead of going "yayah satan let's work together shake my hand and the devil fruit awakens," they say "fuck satan I do what I want my fruit my rules." They beat down the devil influence and truly awaken.

That's why the ribbons of the gorosei, lucci, and kaku are dark. They didn't awaken their fruits with their own will. Probably, they meditated or did some stupid ritual to make deals with their devils, so, it takes two to tango, and they're not fully in control 100 percent, unlike Luffy and Yamato, whose ribbons are bright because they crushed their devils for a greater purpose.

"What about the devil Tot Musica from film Red?"
Oh. Non-awakened users, when the fruit is powerful enough or the user is very creative, can summon their devil but cannot impose their will on it due to lack of a relationship.