General & Others New fan, absolutely hooked

#1
I first watched the live action series a couple months ago and fell in love with it. I rewatched it a couple weeks later, and in my impatience for the third season I decided to check out the anime.

I don’t think any franchise has captivated me to the degree One Piece has, at least not since being introduced to Star Wars as a kid. I just finished the Jaya Arc and hearing “We Are” as the straw hat crew flew up to Skypiea had me feeling absolutely giddy like I was watching Saturday morning cartoons. I’m blown away by how One Piece keeps finding ways to surprise me and introduce new awesome things to the series, even in the funniest and small ways! I thought the banana pirate ship was fun too. I kinda feel like Luffy the way I react to everything new and exciting in the series 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 .

I’m also reading the manga and have enjoyed reading that too. I’m nowhere near caught up to where I’m at in the anime though, but I only subscribed to the Shonen app a couple days ago, lol. I got the two Lego sets retiring this year and managed to snag the Arlong Park set too, I’m hoping to get every set that releases

I’m so incredibly grateful for this series, because it has helped inspire me for my own writing (I’d been struggling with it for a while) but also helped pull me out of a season of apathy and boredom. I got to a point where I didn’t wanna watch anything new and all my old rewatches weren’t scratching the itch. Most of my video games weren’t, either. Luffy and the straw hats helped me dream again and get my spark back.

Thank you Eiichiro Oda, very cool
 
Last edited:
Top