Character Discussion Oda Clowned Sanji and Robin.

C

Cruxroux

This is Just my Opinion but Things would have been better for Sanji and Robin if they Switch Their Time-skip Locations.

Sanji Rather than going to Ivankov, should have been with Sabo/Koala/Dragon. why?
Because the way Sabo has demonstrated Fighting using his Haki and his Dragon style Fighting Methods.
Unlike Zoro and Luffy , Sanji isn't capable of making Large AOE attacks rather his attack style is much more focussed on a single location with Increased Speed and Armament haki which increases his damage multiple times which we saw with ifrit Jambe.

If sanji can Learn to pin-point such Weakness his AP will increase Rapidly or he might have learnt to Manipulate his Fire at will like king.
Also fishmen karate, could be massive PU for him as Current Sanji can probably match Up-to a fishmen in terms on speed in water as well , and with fishmen karate he would be better them.
Sanji Current attacks are just wasting a lot of his energy hitting them randomly anywhere.

Also robin didn't achieve much with revolutionaries either.

Robin DF and Simple haki With Okama-kempo would suit her much better than what she did in Wano. I don't have much to say on this but given her devil fruit she would benefit more with Okama Kempo.

But instead Post-time skip we got this.

What are your Thoughts , Would sanji be weaker or stronger than he currently is, if he was Sent to Dragon instead of Ivankov?

Imo, my preferred locations for Sanji is either:

1. Revolutionary (Dragon, Sabo)
2. Marines (where Sanji learns Rokushiki)

I don't think Robin would benefit from Okama Kingdom except maybe martial arts.

I would have preferred if Sanji and Robin would actually go to Revolutionary Army and train together. Robin learning Finger Pistol would fits her assassin theme and Sanji learning Rankyaku would improves his range and lethality.

As for Marines, I don't think Garp would train Sanji because Garp knows Sanji is a pirate so instead, Sanji can sneak up into a different Marines training camp where they learned Rokushiki and the such without getting busted somehow.

Kinda like how Ezra managed to sneak into the Empire training camp in one of the episodes of Star Wars Rebels.

B

Borasey79

I agree with you.
It would've also worked thematically. Sanji has a rebellious spirit and comes from a family obsessed with their nation and past glory. For him to meet other rebels, who help entire nations fight for their independence would've been a logical step.
Likewise, the always lonely Robin, who only now was starting to open up to her crew, could've learned a lot from the Okama community which seems to be very close and to foster a comradery similar to the SHs familiar bond.

On one hand you can look at the comedic side of his training and sometimes people focus too much on that and forget the nature of the task itself. He was thrown into a wild dog pit and had to survive for 2 years, no mentor, no friends, no top tier teaching him Haki, constantly watching over his shoulder, running away from and fighting against powerful kenpo masters. It's a pretty effective method to train someone like Sanji who wouldn't be as invested in getting stronger unless there is a reason; like learning the Okama recipes and of course getting back to the ladies. There is no Strawhat outside the monster trio that would have survived it.

I agree with you.
It would've also worked thematically. Sanji has a rebellious spirit and comes from a family obsessed with their nation and past glory. For him to meet other rebels, who help entire nations fight for their independence would've been a logical step.
Likewise, the always lonely Robin, who only now was starting to open up to her crew, could've learned a lot from the Okama community which seems to be very close and to foster a comradery similar to the SHs familiar bond.
I agree except for Robin, she needed the RA to learn how to open up more.

For me Sanji and Robin should have gone and trained with Sabo and the others while Luffy and Zoro should have trained with Rayleigh as their main focus should have been the 3 hakis and this would also eliminate Mihawk training Zoro so their future fight can still remain vicious

Disagree about Robin.

Sanji should have went to another place. Going to Okama Island was really troll.

Actually everything would be a lot better without timeskip. Those 3 days they had to wait could be enough for Sanji to learn sky walking and dive walking(or water walking I don't recall how it is called). Maybe having him going to Okama Island back to Sabaody on his own legs and would be a good enough trainning for him to keep on.

What are your Thoughts , Would sanji be weaker or stronger than he currently is, if he was Sent to Dragon instead of Ivankov?
I wish Sanji to be sent to Dragon because Dragon is a tactical type top tier. Sanji could learn about strategy stuff.

As for his cooking upgrade, Dragon could show what Revo gathers from around the world, like recipes & ingredients. That's good enough.

---

Remember, getting sent to Kamabakka has it's reasons:

1. Learn to fly & train his legs, from escaping the okama

2. Focusing on CoO, from escaping the okama

3. Increase his anger to power Diable Jambe, from escaping the okama

4. Similar type martial artist

5. Recipe

All fits Sanji well. It's Oda overusage of nosebleed that defame Sanji.

I agree with you.
Robin with the Okama community would have been great! I am sure Ivankov would have loved Robin.

This is Just my Opinion but Things would have been better for Sanji and Robin if they Switch Their Time-skip Locations.

Sanji Rather than going to Ivankov, should have been with Sabo/Koala/Dragon. why?
Because the way Sabo has demonstrated Fighting using his Haki and his Dragon style Fighting Methods.
Unlike Zoro and Luffy , Sanji isn't capable of making Large AOE attacks rather his attack style is much more focussed on a single location with Increased Speed and Armament haki which increases his damage multiple times which we saw with ifrit Jambe.

If sanji can Learn to pin-point such Weakness his AP will increase Rapidly or he might have learnt to Manipulate his Fire at will like king.
Also fishmen karate, could be massive PU for him as Current Sanji can probably match Up-to a fishmen in terms on speed in water as well , and with fishmen karate he would be better them.
Sanji Current attacks are just wasting a lot of his energy hitting them randomly anywhere.

Also robin didn't achieve much with revolutionaries either.

Robin DF and Simple haki With Okama-kempo would suit her much better than what she did in Wano. I don't have much to say on this but given her devil fruit she would benefit more with Okama Kempo.

But instead Post-time skip we got this.

Regardless of where he went Sanji would have fought Queen and been the same strength he is now.... your just changing his fighting style the strength wouldn't change.

Also Post Timeskip we got this