Theory Oda is setting a new character reveal up in the background (Manga spoilers) 984+

Hello everyone I just joined today and I wanted to share this theory / observation that I had. So this is something that I noticed happening in the the latest chapters of one piece were Oda seems to be setting up to a reveal of a new (or Old) character in One piece

So, in chapter 982 we witness what looks like a kimono of someone conversing with Marco who at first I thought was Izo because his speech and response from Marco indicates that he is connected to wano in someway:
However in the latest chapter we get Izo Design reveal and the kimono he is wearing looks completely different then the one shown on the ship:
Now at first I thought that it could be that he simply changed his outfit because the character in stripes would have shown up in this panel with the rest of the characters we saw on the ship.
However I started to ratinoalize it in my head and came to the conclusion that if someone was related to wano and close to Oden he would for sure priortize protecting what's left of Oden over fighting Kaido espcially if he knows that there are already so many powerful pirates after Kaido's head.
And that when I stumbled onto this:
On the same page were we see Jinbe, Robin and the rest of the samurai. Oda leaves this and it's obvious that it is the same pattern we saw earlier. now at first I thought this was Hyogoro's hands shaking but notice that Hyogoro is wearing short sleeves while the panel next to it we see long sleeves. Also, he seems to be stressed because of what might happen to Momo so it's safe to assume that we are about to find out who this character is if he tries to interrupt the execution.

Finally,
Now this was mainly about this observation however I have some idea about who might this be however I will admit that this is merely speculation and is the weakest part of this thread because of the lack of evidence
So, it could be:
Ahh, the mystery character that Oda will never reveal is an easy guess tbh for this one especially due to the similar pattern and the Amigasa hat which is linked to wano however that is were the similarties end and the lack of more evidence and the fact the pattern is not perfect (much thicker stripes on this one compared to the other ) makes me doubt it but, one could always assume that either Oda refined his design while sticking true to his intial concept or he changed to a different one.

Anyways this was just and idea I had yesterday and I wanted to share it with you guys so please tell me what you think and suggest who might be this mysterious character and I apologize if there are any grammer mistakes because english isn't my mother tongue.

Last edited:
F

Fallen Prince

Yes its the guy from cover page , he even said "I 'm surprised you got involved Marco "

Kinda weird why would Izo say such a thing given that oden was affiliated to Whitebeard pirates. I dont think Izo will ever say such a thing ? Also from latest chapter its hinted Marco had to search izo , so whatever reason i dont think Izo is the same person.

However ,that 3rd person is friend of oden and crocus and knew Marco well. We can certainly saw that person is from Roger Pirates or affliated to them.