One Piece Episode 904 - Luffy Rages! Rescue Otama from Danger!

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the episode twice.

Pretty solid.

Not much was covered, but the extensions worked for what they were(making Holdem seem really intimidating). But I genuinely really enjoyed the storyboard and the direction was pretty solid overall. Not much in the episode animation wise, but I enjoyed the zoom ins, and the art was nice, also, some nice little character nuance throughout that made the episode feel a little bit more alive.

In saying that, I didn't care for the two flashbacks this episode. The first one wasn't too long, but the Urashima one definitely overstayed its welcome.

Overall though, pretty solid episode.

I really enjoyed Speed's introduction. She's cute, no doubt about it, and I really like her color scheme. I also liked the comparisons between leftover town and paradise farm, and how devastated Wano is from Kaido's tyranny.

However... other parts of the episode were just... :lawsigh:

We got unnecessary recaps of the sumo match, and Luffy just standing around at one point while mispronouncing the Lion guy's name a dozen times or so. The name joke wasn't even that funny the first time. C'mon Toei, you can invent better filler than this!

I really enjoyed Speed's introduction. She's cute, no doubt about it, and I really like her color scheme. I also liked the comparisons between leftover town and paradise farm, and how devastated Wano is from Kaido's tyranny.

However... other parts of the episode were just... :lawsigh:

We got unnecessary recaps of the sumo match, and Luffy just standing around at one point while mispronouncing the Lion guy's name a dozen times or so. The name joke wasn't even that funny the first time. C'mon Toei, you can invent better filler than this!
It's interesting to note that the next episode preview shows Speed using Haki on her arrows confirming she has some form of haki. So she ain't some weak sauce like Holdem. Holdem is beyond trash even in the manga. So hopefully I'll get my waifu Speed in the next episodes soon.

It's interesting to note that the next episode preview shows Speed using Haki on her arrows confirming she has some form of haki. So she ain't some weak sauce like Holdem. Holdem is beyond trash even in the manga. So hopefully I'll get my waifu Speed in the next episodes soon.
Well, at least Holdem done that shit throwing Urashima down like a boss.

Anyway, looks like we'll actually get to see his chasing sword. Better yet, its a flaming chasing sword.

Well, at least Holdem done that shit throwing Urashima down like a boss.

Anyway, looks like we'll actually get to see his chasing sword. Better yet, its a flaming chasing sword.
It's shocking Holdem even lifts up a 9000-pound gorilla given his size. But I guess he wants to prove to O-Tama that he ain't weak sauce. XD I will laugh my ass off if someone ships O-Tama with Holdem because Imma bust a chopper and blast the fool whoever makes that evil fanart online. So far? The internet hasn't made that yet so, for now, I'm safe with O-Tama being safe from Holdem's evil plan. Better look forward to the next few episodes cause Wano will be here awhile.

Speed is really charming. Tough to believe she's a hard sub that loves being ridden by strangers.
It's shocking Holdem even lifts up a 9000-pound gorilla given his size. But I guess he wants to prove to O-Tama that he ain't weak sauce. XD I will laugh my ass off if someone ships O-Tama with Holdem because Imma bust a chopper and blast the fool whoever makes that evil fanart online. So far? The internet hasn't made that yet so, for now, I'm safe with O-Tama being safe from Holdem's evil plan. Better look forward to the next few episodes cause Wano will be here awhile.
It would be funny if the anime explains Holdem's random fire breathing technique by having him pull out an extra spicy roll of sushi from his back pocket and feed it to Kamijiro.

Last edited:
So since Thriller Bark?
Yeah.....absolutely yes.. I teared up during usopp and luffys fight or merry go's funeral... Then thriller bark happened..And then punk hazard happened where they are just running all the time..I dont even wanna get started on dressrosa... I miss the high OP used to give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.