One Piece Episode 907 - 20th Anniversary! - Special Romance Dawn

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gran D. Master

Why did this episode have such a unique soundboard but for normal episodes it's always the same old DBZ sound effects?

The One Piece world that almost was. That's a lot to think about.

I am pretty glad the ideas of Sorcery, Peace-Mains and Morganeers didn't make it in the One Piece story. Sorcery is pretty much a Devil Fruit power without the weaknesses, you may even be able to learn all types of different sorcery so you have hundreds of different powers. The series would have probably turned out like Naruto where the all the ninjas fight like wizards conjuring everything from elemental spells to summons that do the fighting for you. Rather than making the most of what DF they're stuck with, everyone would be a little Blackbeard using the basics of multiple abilities.

Peace-Main and Morganeer puts a clear line between good and evil, something we're just not used to in this series. There a good pirates, there are bad pirates. There are good marines, there are bad marines. There are good kings, there are bad kings. There are (a few) good Celestial Dragons, there are bad Celestial Dragons. This would be a very awkward framework to build current the story on, but I guess we can imagine the ideas being fleshed out more like the Hero Academia manga. Would Peace-Mains help the Marines and vice versa? Would the 7 Warlords all be government-backed Peace-Mains? I assume so.

And then there's pirate Garp giving Luffy the Strawhat. I have to believe Luffy's promise is to surpass his grandpa. However, surpassing an old man probably past his prime is not very meaningful. What would Garp's connection to Gol D. Roger be here? Garp actually feels like an ordinary Peace-Main to me, not a walking legend or a future Yonko considering he's already old. But if his son and Luffy's father still ends up giving them a personal connection to Dragon, even here Garp should be anything but ordinary.

That was a pretty good special. I was hoping the anime added an extended fight between Luffy and Spiel, since this one-shot was lacking a good climax. This is a famous powerful sorcerer you've introduced here, of course you want to see what this guy is fully capable of in combat and still get outdone by Luffy. The one-shot that became canon with Galley works better since Galley is treated a joke in every sense, only a threat because he's underhanded and picks on the innocent. When he gets offed in a single attack, you can't say it wasn't fitting and he deserved something more.

That was a fun little diversion. Nice to see what could have been, but I'll always prefer navy Garp to pirate Garp. Being in constant conflict with Luffy just fits his character better, imo. Anne obviously inspired Nami while the villain seemed like a prototype to Buggy. Also did Brook's VA voice that magician villain guy? It sure sounded like him.

Lastly, I'm glad we got One Piece over the Peace-mains. I think the series benefited overall for having a mystery to solve and islands to explore rather than a simplistic good guys verses bad guys type plot.

This was that good shit.

Loved the aesthetic for the special, the line art colour variation helps make the characters feel in tone with their surrounding while at the same time popping out. Animation wise, Tomita was freaking beast, animating arguable the best pistol in the TV anime.

Have literally no expectations for next week. Deguchi boi for non-action episode is not something to look forward to.

Last edited:
The One Piece world that almost was. That's a lot to think about.

I am pretty glad the ideas of Sorcery, Peace-Mains and Morganeers didn't make it in the One Piece story. Sorcery is pretty much a Devil Fruit power without the weaknesses, you may even be able to learn all types of different sorcery so you have hundreds of different powers. The series would have probably turned out like Naruto where the all the ninjas fight like wizards conjuring everything from elemental spells to summons that do the fighting for you. Rather than making the most of what DF they're stuck with, everyone would be a little Blackbeard using the basics of multiple abilities.

Peace-Main and Morganeer puts a clear line between good and evil, something we're just not used to in this series. There a good pirates, there are bad pirates. There are good marines, there are bad marines. There are good kings, there are bad kings. There are (a few) good Celestial Dragons, there are bad Celestial Dragons. This would be a very awkward framework to build current the story on, but I guess we can imagine the ideas being fleshed out more like the Hero Academia manga. Would Peace-Mains help the Marines and vice versa? Would the 7 Warlords all be government-backed Peace-Mains? I assume so.

And then there's pirate Garp giving Luffy the Strawhat. I have to believe Luffy's promise is to surpass his grandpa. However, surpassing an old man probably past his prime is not very meaningful. What would Garp's connection to Gol D. Roger be here? Garp actually feels like an ordinary Peace-Main to me, not a walking legend or a future Yonko considering he's already old. But if his son and Luffy's father still ends up giving them a personal connection to Dragon, even here Garp should be anything but ordinary.

That was a pretty good special. I was hoping the anime added an extended fight between Luffy and Spiel, since this one-shot was lacking a good climax. This is a famous powerful sorcerer you've introduced here, of course you want to see what this guy is fully capable of in combat and still get outdone by Luffy. The one-shot that became canon with Galley works better since Galley is treated a joke in every sense, only a threat because he's underhanded and picks on the innocent. When he gets offed in a single attack, you can't say it wasn't fitting and he deserved something more.
Alvida got one shotted too. There is no problem here

just more episodes like that or strechting the covor story or even the novels can be animated the pacing would profit from it its poor if bat-man can block a haki punch from Luffy the producers must be desperated

Status
Not open for further replies.