Speculations One Piece has come full circle, and Kaido use to be a weakling.

Ah, so it's been a very, very long time since I've been inspired to write out a theory/speculation for One Piece, but after a recent post by @Rekien which you can find here, https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...k-kaido-has-a-hybird-form.10412/#post-1002158 coupled with a comment I made in a thread recently about how Alvida seems to be a cross between Big Mom and Kaido, it made me come to the realization of something. Chapter 1000 of One Piece, has now brought the series back full circle, and I believe that Oda has already told us what is to come in regards to Big Mom and Kaido, all the way back in chapter 2.

Now you have to keep an open mind on this, because these parallels are not going to be 100 percent cut and dry, and even though the roles of each individual are vastly different, I believe the implications are pretty solid. So as we begin, we have to take a good look at Alvida's character. Now on the surface, she seems like just your run of the mill typical villain that Oda used to jumpstart the series. But if you take a look at what Oda did with her character after her defeat, the parallel that is meant to be drawn with Big Mom becomes apparent.

Alivda before

Alvida after

Young Big Mom

Old Big Mom

Now as you can see, both Big Mom and Alvida have been depicted in two ways. A massive woman, and a slender beautiful woman. One went from beautiful to ugly, while the other went from ugly to beautiful. But the similarities don't just end there. Big Mom started her piracy career as a Captain of her own ship, and joined up with a massive organization (Rocks) which was comprised of extremely powerful pirates, while Alvida also started her piracy career as the Captain of her own ship, and also joined a massive organization (Buggy's deliver service) which is comprised of Impel Down escapees, who were stated to be strong in their own right, albeit to a much MUCH lesser degree than Rocks.

Now you might be asking what this has to do with Kaido. Well here's the thing, I think there was another intentional design choice on Oda's part, pertaining to Alvida's character that's meant to incorporate Kaido into the fold, and that is her giant club, which is the same exact kind of club Kaido uses. But I think the club is only meant to draw attention to Kaido being a parallel of another character we are introduced to during chapter 2, and that is.......

Yes, I am talking about the one, the only..... Koby! Strap into your seats ladies and gents, because we are about to get weird and go balls to the wall with this one. So in chapter 2, we are introduced to these two characters, Koby and Alvida. One is this giant brutish woman, who seems to have a knack for bullying and punishing her crew members, and the one who happens to take the brunt of it is none other than her Cabin boy/apprentice. Who else do we know of that started out as a cabin boy/ apprentice? That's right, Koi-do! The small fish, in a sea of Monsters.

This is where the flip flop of the Avlida/Big Mom parallels come into play, with the Alvida/Coby and Big Mom/Kaido relationship. We saw Alvida treated Coby like absolute garbage, but with Big Mom and Kaido, I think it was the exact opposite. This is supported by the fact that Big Mom said she thought of and still thinks of Kaido as her younger brother. In a crew like Rocks, which was supposedly filled with a bunch of hardened pirates, I think it stands to reason that Kaido as the apprentice took the brunt end of the bullying, much like Coby did, but in this case his one saving grace was Big Mom.

So by now, I'm sure many of you have seen the story posted somewhere or another about the Koi fish and the Waterfall. In the story, there was a school of Koi fish who swam upstream, gaining strength against the current, until they happened upon a Waterfall. Some stayed to try and best the waterfall, while many gave up without even attempting it. Out of those who stayed, only one managed to reach the Top, and in doing so, was recognized by the Gods for their strength and determination, and turned into a Dragon.

I believe this was what happened to Kaido within the Rock's pirates. He started out as just another of the many underlings who rode on Xebecs ship. In fact he wasn't just an underling, but he was at the bottom of the barrel, as nothing more than a mere apprentice at the time. But the day when the Waterfall would appear soon approached, and that was the day of God's Valley. One by one, all the "Small Fish" fell at the at the hands of Roger and Garp, until there was only one left. Upon seeing his strength and determination, Big Mom granted him power in the form of a Devil Fruit, which turned him into a Dragon.

Now why do I believe Kaido was a weakling in the beginning? Well that's because, from what we know about Kaido, when Rocks fell, he spent the beginning of his piracy career validating his strength. This is not something any of the other members of Rocks had to prove once the crew was dismantled. It's something only Kaido did. Picking fights with the marines and Yonko's, constantly being captured and escaping, over and over and over again, until he reached the pinnacle of the Pirate World on his strength alone. This is something only someone without power would do, once they receive power. It also fits with the parallel I believe he is meant to share with Koi-by as someone who started out weak, but was driven to become stronger. To me, I think the "corrupted by strength" concept makes for a much better narrative for Kaido's character, rather than him just being another "Natural Born Disaster" character like Big Mom.

For now I will leave it as this, as to not start to trickle off into a tangent. If you need anything clarification on anything, don't hesitate to ask, and if I think of anything else, I'll make sure to add it, and if anyone has anything they want to add, then feel free to do so.

Ah, so it's been a very, very long time since I've been inspired to write out a theory/speculation for One Piece, but after a recent post by @Rekien which you can find here, https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...k-kaido-has-a-hybird-form.10412/#post-1002158 coupled with a comment I made in a thread recently about how Alvida seems to be a cross between Big Mom and Kaido, it made me come to the realization of something. Chapter 1000 of One Piece, has now brought the series back full circle, and I believe that Oda has already told us what is to come in regards to Big Mom and Kaido, all the way back in chapter 2.

Now you have to keep an open mind on this, because these parallels are not going to be 100 percent cut and dry, and even though the roles of each individual are vastly different, I believe the implications are pretty solid. So as we begin, we have to take a good look at Alvida's character. Now on the surface, she seems like just your run of the mill typical villain that Oda used to jumpstart the series. But if you take a look at what Oda did with her character after her defeat, the parallel that is meant to be drawn with Big Mom becomes apparent.

Alivda before

Alvida after

Young Big Mom

Old Big Mom

Now as you can see, both Big Mom and Alvida have been depicted in two ways. A massive woman, and a slender beautiful woman. One went from beautiful to ugly, while the other went from ugly to beautiful. But the similarities don't just end there. Big Mom started her piracy career as a Captain of her own ship, and joined up with a massive organization (Rocks) which was comprised of extremely powerful pirates, while Alvida also started her piracy career as the Captain of her own ship, and also joined a massive organization (Buggy's deliver service) which is comprised of Impel Down escapees, who were stated to be strong in their own right, albeit to a much MUCH lesser degree than Rocks.

Now you might be asking what this has to do with Kaido. Well here's the thing, I think there was another intentional design choice on Oda's part, pertaining to Alvida's character that's meant to incorporate Kaido into the fold, and that is her giant club, which is the same exact kind of club Kaido uses. But I think the club is only meant to draw attention to Kaido being a parallel of another character we are introduced to during chapter 2, and that is.......

Yes, I am talking about the one, the only..... Koby! Strap into your seats ladies and gents, because we are about to get weird and go balls to the wall with this one. So in chapter 2, we are introduced to these two characters, Koby and Alvida. One is this giant brutish woman, who seems to have a knack for bullying and punishing her crew members, and the one who happens to take the brunt of it is none other than her Cabin boy/apprentice. Who else do we know of that started out as a cabin boy/ apprentice? That's right, Koi-do! The small fish, in a sea of Monsters.

This is where the flip flop of the Avlida/Big Mom parallels come into play, with the Alvida/Coby and Big Mom/Kaido relationship. We saw Alvida treated Coby like absolute garbage, but with Big Mom and Kaido, I think it was the exact opposite. This is supported by the fact that Big Mom said she thought of and still thinks of Kaido as her younger brother. In a crew like Rocks, which was supposedly filled with a bunch of hardened pirates, I think it stands to reason that Kaido as the apprentice took the brunt end of the bullying, much like Coby did, but in this case his one saving grace was Big Mom.

So by now, I'm sure many of you have seen the story posted somewhere or another about the Koi fish and the Waterfall. In the story, there was a school of Koi fish who swam upstream, gaining strength against the current, until they happened upon a Waterfall. Some stayed to try and best the waterfall, while many gave up without even attempting it. Out of those who stayed, only one managed to reach the Top, and in doing so, was recognized by the Gods for their strength and determination, and turned into a Dragon.

I believe this was what happened to Kaido within the Rock's pirates. He started out as just another of the many underlings who rode on Xebecs ship. In fact he wasn't just an underling, but he was at the bottom of the barrel, as nothing more than a mere apprentice at the time. But the day when the Waterfall would appear soon approached, and that was the day of God's Valley. One by one, all the "Small Fish" fell at the at the hands of Roger and Garp, until there was only one left. Upon seeing his strength and determination, Big Mom granted him power in the form of a Devil Fruit, which turned him into a Dragon.

Now why do I believe Kaido was a weakling in the beginning? Well that's because, from what we know about Kaido, when Rocks fell, he spent the beginning of his piracy career validating his strength. This is not something any of the other members of Rocks had to prove once the crew was dismantled. It's something only Kaido did. Picking fights with the marines and Yonko's, constantly being captured and escaping, over and over and over again, until he reached the pinnacle of the Pirate World on his strength alone. This is something only someone without power would do, once they receive power. It also fits with the parallel I believe he is meant to share with Koi-by as someone who started out weak, but was driven to become stronger. To me, I think the "corrupted by strength" concept makes for a much better narrative for Kaido's character, rather than him just being another "Natural Born Disaster" character like Big Mom.

For now I will leave it as this, as to not start to trickle off into a tangent. If you need anything clarification on anything, don't hesitate to ask, and if I think of anything else, I'll make sure to add it, and if anyone has anything they want to add, then feel free to do so.
Good job brother! I had similar idea about Kaido but little bit different, I may one day even create a thread about it.

One thing that I wanna add to your thread is Kaido's caword nature, and yes I know that it probably sounds ridiculous for you, but listen to me. I once made a thread about Kaido being afraid of Oden... 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
Hi, this is not a thread about Kaido or Oden necessarily, but rather my curiosity to find out how you view Kaido as a character and how can you enjoy him. First, I will tell how and what I think about Kaido and then I would try to understand your prospective on that character.

1. When Kaido was first introduced I was so hyped about Wano arc when the only thing I could think about was Wano and Kaido's power and his strength etc. And I wasn't alone an entire fan base just exploded with emotions and expectations about that arc. Thousands of theories have been made over the years before Wano arc, trying to understand Kaido's powers, why can't he die, who is going to kill Kaido, or whether he will die in Wano or not. Kaido was promised to be a beast, not just a beast but "The King of the Beasts" I've never seen a character wanked this hard in one piece and outside of one piece. Then, Oda introduced Jack, the guy was so cool that people thought he was Kaido's right hand man and back then he was an absolute beast, he was destroying everything around he wasn't there just to get Raizo but also to kill and destroy. Jack was bloodlust, mad, Big and fearless everything that defined beasts, seeing Jack attacking two Admirals whiteout glimpse of a doubt or fear raised my expectations for Kaido to unbelievable amount. Then, came Wano...
:saitahu:
And all my expectations were shattered to pieces.

Kaido the caword
Kaido was afraid of Oden, the man was shiting his pants nonstop, Kaido new that he wasn't strong enough to defeat Oden so he and Orochi made up a plan to blackmail Oden since Kaido was shiting his pants just thinking about fighting against him.

If Kaido wasn't afraid of Oden he would have fought against him right there but he was scared as fack and he was perfectly fine with the idea to blackmail Oden. And Look at Kaido's face, he's like really afraid of Oden you could see the fear in his face, just for comparison look at Kaido when he's fighting against Moria and Oden.

Ahhhahahaha. I'm laughing outloud, Kaido is a b:ch and caword. Look how brave he is when he's fighting against Moria who is weaker than him and shiting his pants while facing Oden.

He was perfectly fine with the way he defeated Oden and I thought Kaido was one of those who uses dirty tricks to defeat his enemies, but no...

Oda made Kaido a "fair" fighter confirming that Kaido is a caword, dispite the fact that he wasn't happy what happened during their fight he didn't give Oden a second fight on tap of that he let Orochi to increase the temperature of the oil since he didn't want Oden to survive (he was afraid of him) look at him

This is a face of a man who need new pair of pants, all sweaty, afraid and happy that he survived.

Kaido is scared just by the idea of Oden surviving, he dosen't wanna give him a chance to survive, man, Kaido is a bigger scumbag than Orochi is.

Look at Oden, recovered from his wounds faster than a fack:ng Zoan user when Kaido's body is still cowered with bandages, Oden's body is stronger than a fuck:ng mythical Zoan user's body this is ridiculous, Oden's superiority over Kaido is mindboggling. A none DF user's body is stronger than the body of a mythical Zoan user
:myman: Oda what are you smoking?

After 969/970 I laugh outloud every time I see Kaido, people still view him badass and strong because Oda draws him Big and muscular (at least I think so) at this point Kaido is a laughing stack for me and I can't enjoy his character. So, please tell me what you think about him and how you can still enjoy his character?

@Queen
@Zoro
@Van
@playa4321
@Celestia
@Grumpy Zoro
@Ice devil slayer
@KiriNigiri
@Veljko2000
@rednose
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Monet
@Veku
@BigChungus2018
@Crooc
@Reborn
@BossYimz
@Robin swan
@gojo
@Fenaker
@PuckTheGreat
@RayanOO
@ShishioIsBack
@Orojackson Refugee
@Greenbeard
@Dragomir
@Sword God Ryuma
@Sentinel
@IceWitch
@Himura
@DarkWitch
@stormylife
@Mr. Anderson
@yunzabit heights
@Monster trio
@Vonal
@Don DaSlayer
@Xione
@Master OF Haki
@Topi Jerami
@Yukihime
@bennbeckman
@Thabeast
@SaintBellkin
@SinOfGreed
@Zenos7
@Lucas
@JioFreed
@pedxi
@Zowo
@Luslec
@style
@Luffy is the mc
@Guymieux
@Mikail
@KINGKONGGUN15
@RyumaZoro
@worst pirate
@ZenZu
@LuffyMazino
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@HAJIKATA
@Jackteo
@Tamerani
@Marimo_420
@Garp the Fist
@Kejon
@Fukki
@Flower
@Sunita
@RZ.119
@Sade
@Skiddo
@KageyamaShoyo
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Elcadar
@Finalbeta
@Bullet
@Dark Hound
@Patryipe
@Light D Lamperouge
@Enma
@Owl Ki
@ZoroIsOverrated
@ShinmenTakezo
@Jack
@Admiral Lee Hung
@Bogard
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@Shiroyru
@Camie
@ShadyOjiro
@Benn beck
@SethTrollins
@MarimoHeado
@Foxy Bunny
@Bittersteel
@comrade
@Cyrus the Cactus
@OmegaPsyche
@SHIHI
@Zoro D Goat
@critical mindset
@kurwa
@WillOfMyD
@Jo_Ndule
@Reddot4
@Exodia.
@nik87
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Gambit
@Monkey D Theories
@TheAncientCenturion
@Haoshoku
@Geo
@Yo Tan Wa
@Izaya X
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Albino 👑
@MasterD
@SmokedOut
@HeroesNZ
@Cinera
@Murilo
@Dark Knight Sanji
@Afroking
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Chaves
@Rivaille
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@MonsterZoro
@Gol D. Roger
@Soleus
@Aknolagon
@Emperor Nami
@Constantine
@Gensui Sazid
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@Hanzo hattori
@Buggy D Clown
@silverfire
@yorosenpai
@Tenshi No Konan
@Guan Yu
@Artorias
@Kiwipom
@zorojurou
@MD Zolo
@Brix
@Chrono
@HA001
@Sadistic Senpai
@bblue
@MarineHQ62
@KenshiraSonata
@Erkan12
@Buusatan94
@Celestial D. Dragon

I agree with you that Kaido started weak and grow stronger over the time, but that's not the only connection between Kaido and Coby. If you remember, Coby was an absolute caword who couldn't stand up against Alvida, but Luffy's apirience changed him. Same thing I think was with Kaido, I believe Kaido wasn't just weak but he was also a caword at the beginning but he managed to change. Kaido is suicidal not because he wants to kill himself, but rather he wants to find out wether he managed to get rid off his fear of death. The fight against Oden made Kaido fill fear for his life for a long time, and after that he did everything to get rid off his caword side fully (at least he thinks so), but in Wano arc when Kaido will be close to death he will realize that he couldn't change his nature fully, he just cowered it with a facade of strength.

At the and of the day, dispite how powerful Kaido became he still couldn't change himself, he's still afraid of death unlike guys like Oden, Roger, Whitbeard, Rocks that he respects a lot for their complete fearlessness and the ability to face death with a smile on their face.

Alivda before

Alvida after

Young Big Mom

Old Big Mom

Agreed completely, soon has he was confurmed to be that mythical fish who started from the bottom and persevered to the top. Thats literally the Fish turning into the dragon story.
Post automatically merged:

Good job brother! I had similar idea about Kaido but little bit different, I may one day even create a thread about it.

One thing that I wanna add to your thread is Kaido's caword nature, and yes I know that it probably sounds ridiculous for you, but listen to me. I once made a thread about Kaido being afraid of Oden... 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

I agree with you that Kaido started weak and grow stronger over the time, but that's not the only connection between Kaido and Coby. If you remember, Coby was an absolute caword who couldn't stand up against Alvida, but Luffy's apirience changed him. Same thing I think was with Kaido, I believe Kaido wasn't just weak but he was also a caword at the beginning but he managed to change. Kaido is suicidal not because he wants to kill himself, but rather he wants to find out wether he managed to get rid off his fear of death. The fight against Oden made Kaido fill fear for his life for a long time, and after that he did everything to get rid off his caword side fully (at least he thinks so), but in Wano arc when Kaido will be close to death he will realize that he couldn't change his nature fully, he just cowered it with a facade of strength.

At the and of the day, dispite how powerful Kaido became he still couldn't change himself, he's still afraid of death unlike guys like Oden, Roger, Whitbeard, Rocks that he respects a lot for their complete fearlessness and the ability to face death with a smile on their face.
If he was afraid of death then why he get captured all those times. Those people could of killed him or himself. I like your premise, but your conclusion makes no sense.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Q
Agreed completely, soon has he was confurmed to be that mythical fish who started from the bottom and persevered to the top. Thats literally the Fish turning into the dragon story.

If he was afraid of death then why he get captured all those times. Those people could of killed him or himself. I like your premise, but your conclusion makes no sense.
It's made perfect sense pleb

Summon @KAIDO D. STRONGER