Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Instead of Yamato setting out to continue what Oden failed and succeed him, shes become a cheerleader for the "true Oden", Luffy. Thats what I really hate.

Whats the point of her fucking insisting on becoming Oden so blatantly since childhood, only for someone else to do it for her who didn't even know Oden and only just heard about him literally?

G

Gorosei Informer

Katakuri is more of a morally grey character.

He has honour but he grew up in an extremely abusive, toxic environment and was constantly worried for the safety of his siblings, especially from their own mother who would go on near unstoppable destructive and murderous rampages out of hunger cravings, steals souls from those who are afraid of her, has EXTREME abandonment and control freak issues and BEATS THE LIVING SHIT out of her own daughter for being a twin of and thus identical to the other twin daughter who abandoned her and escaped her tyrannical false utopia!

Katakuri has empathy and honour and was set up to be a foil/parallel of Luffy, thats why his fruit is functionally similar and they fought in a mirror world but it doesnt matter now because Luffy was a fucking god zoan anyway lmfao. Maybe Katakuri will turn out to be a literal mochi based god zoan too? Thats why we had the issue of him being labelled as a logia at first then called a "special paramecia" too?

Katakuri seems to idolise Kaido despite it not being mentioned yet. He dresses similar to Kaido and uses a similar attack and has that kind of similar reputations that Kaido and WB both had. He probably looked up to both of them during the Rocks days as a child himself and thus literally looking up to them due to that too.

We know King was a huge Kaido fanboy blatantly too and I think him and Kat would have gotten along pretty well or ended up competing to be Kaidos favourite hahaha.

Come on what? Katakuri is very protective of his family, he is completely different from Kaido. I'm not making up him being a much more sympathetic character:seriously:
He's different from Kaido sure but he's still an evil guy

:crazwhat:

The cooks brought Kat food and he killed them mercilessly when they were begging for their lives. And you know how Luffy is with people who bring other people food...

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

Katakuri is more of a morally grey character.

He has honour but he grew up in an extremely abusive, toxic environment and was constantly worried for the safety of his siblings, especially from their own mother who would go on near unstoppable destructive and murderous rampages out of hunger cravings, steals souls from those who are afraid of her, has EXTREME abandonment and control freak issues and BEATS THE LIVING SHIT out of her own daughter for being a twin of and thus identical to the other twin daughter who abandoned her and escaped her tyrannical false utopira!

Katakuri has empathy and honour and was set up to be a foil/parallel of Luffy, thats why his fruit is functionally similar and they fought in a mirror world but it doesnt matter now because Luffy was a fucking god zoan anyway lmfao. Maybe Katakuri will turn out to be a literal mochi based god zoan too? Thats why we had the issue of him being labelled as a logia at first then called a "special paramecia" too?
Yup this is ruined now.

I remember i had a discussion someone that Big Mom is better character and they decided to wait for Kaido Flashback.

Kaido Flashback doesn't really made him likable. Oda doesn't needed so many panels for Katakuri. He still come out as one of the best antagonist , same with Doflamingo.

Currently rereading Act 3. Just about to read Oden's execution. Few things that stand out so far:
- binging through Oden's flashback makes it seem more dragged out than while reading it weekly

- Toki really said she was from 800 years ago and, for some reason was trying to go back to Wano only for the story to completely ignore that plot point till today. Prepare for cries of FORESHADOWING! and GODA! once it gets referenced off-hand during postWano info dump, though.

- The Scabbards are so underdeveloped it's crazy. Kinemon has by far the most dialogue so far. Denjirou and Izou are somewhat prominent and Izou even gets developement with White-kichi. The rest of them are just background faces to showcase Oden's magnetic and charismatic persona. Which brings me to....

- Bruh, is Oden Jesus? Mr Rogers? Bob Ross? Literally everyone is entranced by him.

- Sukiyaki's retainer reading Oden's biography to Oden's dad is nonsensical. The same info dump could have been made by Denjiro who is clearly an Oden fan and knows the hearsay that surrounds him. That way the Oden lore we got could have sounded more like myth than the facts we got.

G

Gorosei Informer

:finally:

I slander the fuck out of One Piss but Luffy Zoro Nami dynamic still hasn’t been ruined yet
:queenhear::queenhear:

Nami was meant to be the 1st SH too. Oda blatantly wants her and Luffy to get together but wants to keep trolling Sanji fans as he hates Sanji and his VA lmao.

Currently rereading Act 3. Just about to read Oden's execution. Few things that stand out so far:
- binging through Oden's flashback makes it seem more dragged out than while reading it weekly

- Toki really said she was from 800 years ago and, for some reason was trying to go back to Wano only for the story to completely ignore that plot point till today. Prepare for cries of FORESHADOWING! and GODA! once it gets referenced off-hand during postWano info dump, though.

- The Scabbards are so underdeveloped it's crazy. Kinemon has by far the most dialogue so far. Denjirou and Izou are somewhat prominent and Izou even gets developement with White-kichi. The rest of them are just background faces to showcase Oden's magnetic and charismatic persona. Which brings me to....

- Bruh, is Oden Jesus? Mr Rogers? Bob Ross? Literally everyone is entranced by him.

- Sukiyaki's retainer reading Oden's biography to Oden's dad is nonsensical. The same info dump could have been made by Denjiro who is clearly an Oden fan and knows the hearsay that surrounds him. That way the Oden lore we got could have sounded more like myth than the facts we got.
I’ve said it before, Oden is Jesus Christ if the Bible was written by a 12 year old instead

The Scabbards are horrible. Yet Oda has made them the centre piece to a 4 year long arc
Post automatically merged:

I don’t even hate the Scabbards are singular characters but as a group I’ve never seen anything like it

Status
Not open for further replies.