Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Wow, I think you're one of the few people I've seen say TB is their favorite.
Yeah, I've come to learn over the many years, that we're an endangered species, in the OP community. I constantly have to argue why it's so important and underrated at times, having to defend it fiercely when it gets slandered so much and people not realising it foreshadowed and setup BIG MOM'S AND KAIDO'S ARCS AND WANO from YEARS ago! Thriller Bark was 2007-2008 and WCI was 2016, Wano and Kaido was 2019 and TB foreshadowed those arcs, especially Kaido's and Wano's so much....

Not to mention, this is when Kuma first showed up, we got a new ally in Perona and further setup for her, Zoro and Mihawk together, a new crewmate in Brook too ofc, Ryuuma for Zoro, Lola for Nami and so on. Brook being a close friend of Laboon and thus that massive throwback and connection too...

And yet the intellectually challenged still call Thriller Bark as "Filler Bark" instead....There was a trend of getting people to skip Skypeia for people to new to OP, same with Thriller Bark and I believe Foxy's arc too. Such stupdiity and ignorance.

:sanjimeh::crybeard::lawsigh::kaidowhat::goatasure:

Ok my rant is over, apologies for that haha, it just infuriates me how much people downplay Thriller Bark and Skypeia as I really love those arcs too. My top 5 arcs in order are:

1. Thriller Bark
2. Skypeia
3. Alabasta
4. Enies Lobby
5. Water 7

I put Enies and Water as seperate here, as I'm not sure whether to to class them as seperate or together? There's a "Post Enies arc" at Water 7 too with Garp showing and such too?

I really wanted to include Arlong Park and Baratie, but having only 5 arcs is tough haha. I guess Return To Sabaody too? Impel Down would have been nice too but it's aged a lot worse post Marineford (also could have included Marineford), especially with Luffy's extreme suffering in multiple ways during Impel Down. I also really enjoyed Amazon Lily too.
Post automatically merged:

Which one did you get ? :choppawhat:
Click only one
Tama chapter

Raizo Vs Fuku chapter

King Vs Zoro chapter

Sanji Vs Queen chapter

Appo Vs Drake chapter

Raizo flashback

Kaido Vs Luffy chapter

Tama chapter

Fukurojuku flashback

Fodder reaction chapter

Momo Yamato chapter

Kidd Law chapter

LinLin chapter

King and Queen chapter
King vs Zoro!

:zosmug::steef::stealthblack::finally:

It takes some skill to always be this wrong lol

:mihanha:

"A broken clock is still right twice a day."

:lulz::smoothieduck::smart::fujilaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Click only one
Tama chapter

Raizo Vs Fuku chapter

King Vs Zoro chapter

Sanji Vs Queen chapter

Appo Vs Drake chapter

Raizo flashback

Kaido Vs Luffy chapter

Tama chapter

Fukurojuku flashback

Fodder reaction chapter

Momo Yamato chapter

Kidd Law chapter

LinLin chapter

King and Queen chapter

Shanks Mihawk chapter

Greenbull Fuji chapter
Not gonna say whaat i think of what i got...Because i would be InstaBanned

G

Gorosei Informer

I think that Kaido will drop Onigashima after the five minutes. Then Momo will hold Onigashima for 1 hour (emulating the hour of legends of his father).

Furthermore, I think that Luffy will take a W against Kaido before he drops Onigashima, after dropping it we'll see the last form of Kaido.

:wonderland:
Imagine we see the last form of Kaido if there is one, his awakening ideally and most importantly BUT as he's going completely berserk or primal like the Impel Down guards were, he sees Momo who transformed back to his human self or hybrid form and he resembles Oden? And Kaido's Oden PTSD kicks in massively and snaps him out of his own berserk/primal state and makes him helpless somewhat?

:vistalaugh::rolaugh::kaidowhat::pepemy:

W

Wonderful World

Yeah, I've come to learn over the many years, that we're an endangered species, in the OP community. I constantly have to argue why it's so important and underrated at times, having to defend it fiercely when it gets slandered so much and people not realising it foreshadowed and setup BIG MOM'S AND KAIDO'S ARCS AND WANO from YEARS ago! Thriller Bark was 2007-2008 and WCI was 2016, Wano and Kaido was 2019 and TB foreshadowed those arcs, especially Kaido's and Wano's so much....

Not to mention, this is when Kuma first showed up, we got a new ally in Perona and further setup for her, Zoro and Mihawk together, a new crewmate in Brook too ofc, Ryuuma for Zoro, Lola for Nami and so on. Brook being a close friend of Laboon and thus that massive throwback and connection too...

And yet the intellectually challenged still call Thriller Bark as "Filler Bark" instead....There was a trend of getting people to skip Skypeia for people to new to OP, same with Thriller Bark and I believe Foxy's arc too. Such stupdiity and ignorance.

:sanjimeh::crybeard::lawsigh::kaidowhat::goatasure:

Ok my rant is over, apologies for that haha, it just infuriates me how much people downplay Thriller Bark and Skypeia as I really love those arcs too. My top 5 arcs in order are:

1. Thriller Bark
2. Skypeia
3. Alabasta
4. Enies Lobby
5. Water 7

I put Enies and Water as seperate here, as I'm not sure whether to to class them as seperate or together? There's a "Post Enies arc" at Water 7 too with Garp showing and such too?

I really wanted to include Arlong Park and Baratie, but having only 5 arcs is tough haha. I guess Return To Sabaody too? Impel Down would have been nice too but it's aged a lot worse post Marineford (also could have included Marineford), especially with Luffy's extreme suffering in multiple ways during Impel Down. I also really enjoyed Amazon Lily too.

King vs Zoro!

:zosmug::steef::stealthblack::finally:

No worries, man. I wasn't coming at you for liking Thriller Bark or anything.

I enjoyed Thriller Bark too, but I think more readers would have enjoyed it if it wasn't placed between Water Seven+Enies Lobby and Sabaody Archipelago.

I'll admit that the Laboon connection to brook was my favorite thing about his introduction. At that point in time, I never thought Oda would bring back a character from the beginning of the Grandline like that, so it blew me away. A lot of other important stuff happens, as you mentioned, but Kuma's arrival really overshadows a lot of it, so most people immediately think of that and "Nothing happened..." when they think of Thriller Bark.

Anyone who skips Skypeia can't be a real fan, in my opinion. That arc is actually one of my favorites for its sense of adventure. I also really love portions of the story where we have nothing but Strawhat interactions, not to mention it has excellent world-building.

As for my favorite pre-skip arcs, it's tough to decide, but I'd go with:

1. Water Seven --> Enies Lobby ( I know this is two, but it transitions so well)
2. Sabaody
3. Amazon Lily
4. Marineford (I'm not super crazy about fights, I love the story, though)
5. Arlong Park (what got me really hooked to One Piece. Seeing Nami suffer tore me apart)

Sorry, I had to give you a long reply back.

G

Gorosei Informer

Tsunagoro vs Hotei chapter :crazwhat:

VS
OH YES! FINALLY! I can't wait!

:zosmug::cheers::steef::finally:

Now we just need Hiyori to fight a female Samurai/swordswoman or something so we can have Oda's version of this LOL:

Surely being Oden's daughter and raised by the almighty Denjiro for 20 years, she will have learned and been trained to fight? Surely?! Oda you wouldn't do another Tashigi and Smoothie with her now, would he?...

:smoothieduck::lawsigh::emohiyo::goatasure:

G

Gorosei Informer

No worries, man. I wasn't coming at you for liking Thriller Bark or anything.

I enjoyed Thriller Bark too, but I think more readers would have enjoyed it if it wasn't placed between Water Seven+Enies Lobby and Sabaoady Archipelago.

I'll admit that the Laboon connection to brook was my favorite thing about his introduction. At that point in time, I never thought Oda would bring back a character from the beginning of the Grandline like that, so it blew me away. A lot of other important stuff happens, as you mentioned, but Kuma's arrival really overshadows a lot of it, so most people immediately think of that and "Nothing happened..." when they think of Thriller Bark.

Anyone who skips Skypeia can't be a real fan, in my opinion. That arc is actually one of my favorites for its sense of adventure. I also really love portions of the story where we have nothing but Strawhat interactions, not to mention it has excellent world-building.

As for my favorite pre-skip arcs, it's tough to decide, but I'd go with:

1. Water Seven --> Enies Lobby ( I know this is two, but it transitions so well)
2. Sabaody
3. Amazon Lily
4. Marineford (I'm not super crazy about fights, I love the story, though)
5. Arlong Park (what got me really hooked to One Piece. Seeing Nami suffer tore me apart)

Sorry, I had to give you a long reply back.
Yeah sorry too haha, my passion comes out with Thriller Bark, it's very personal subject for me haha. I didn't think you were hating on me or whatever for liking it too but I needed to rant about the people who slander it.

:milaugh::neesama:

Yeah, I really love that Laboon connection. "Death is not an apology!"

Brook is seriously underrated, underappreciated and slandered way too much. A lot of people seem to forget or don't understand his character and writing. It's some of Oda's best as well as some of the best I've ever seen anywhere. Truly powerful, heartfelt, tragic, deep character writing, which what Oda also excels at when he wants to. There's quite a few characters like that in One Piece which makes me love Oda for it too. Oda really writes meaningful character stories which I adore the most.

That scene I posted above is so PROFOUND too! The intensity and focus of Robin and Franky's expressions as they are carefully listening to Brook's tragic story and regrets, his mourning for his losses and "mistakes" and both of clearly understanding the pain he's in, the pain of losses and regrets, making mistakes, especially in Franky' case with his guilt over his Battle Franky ships being weaponised against Tom and Water 7 by Cipher Pol/the WG or whatever.

This is such a fucking good moment. I'm so glad Oda gave the most arguably mature Strawhas, especially in age and also funnily enough, the most recent/newest ones, this moment with Brook. This arc had some seriously powerful and emotional moments, including the infamous Nothing Happened moment with Kuma, as a lot of love to reminisce on, discuss and even meme about!

I can only imagine what Jinbei would have been like in this scene too! He could literally talk to Laboon and strike up a conversation with hi...OH MY GOD HE'S A STRAWHAT NOW TOO OF COURSE! Brook will be able to converse with Laboon directly thanks to Jinbei! And Jinbei being being a whale shark fishman and friends with whale sharks, whales and many other sealife will be very fitting too!

:cheers::jinbewat::smart::finally:

I saw someone suggest on either a GrandLineReview or Tekking comments section about a "language fruit" existing and I'm surprised that hasn't come up yet in the story! Imagine being able to communicate with any race or even read ponegylphs with it potentially!?

:crazwhat::hope::quest::watchout::hohoho:

Oh jeez, I've typed so much but still gotta respond to the rest of your post, whoops! LMAO!

:usoprice::emohiyo::nicagesmile::lulz:

Click only one
Tama chapter

Raizo Vs Fuku chapter

King Vs Zoro chapter

Sanji Vs Queen chapter

Appo Vs Drake chapter

Raizo flashback

Kaido Vs Luffy chapter

Tama chapter

Fukurojuku flashback