G

Gorosei Informer

Crocodile was okay in Alabasta, the reason people like him is because of his anti hero role in Impel Down and Marineford
I think his VA and Toei really added a lot to him and thus his popularity too. But yeah I completely agree, Croc shot up a lot higher for me post Alabasta in those arcs you mentioned.

The way his VA says Spada (even though it should be Espada like my former nickname lmao) and his laugh give me chills alone. Then this happened too:

Me after seeing that scene and still my reaction to this very day and even right now ofc:

D

Deleted member 83

Nope. Planning was Croc's forte. Underworld and Manipulation were Doffy's and Strength is Kaido's.
I just think it’s pretty pathetic if the only reason my boy got fans is because he’s supposedly the strongest character, strength is only a part of a character, it supports who they are and their past defines it, it’s not supposed to be everything

I know this is a shonen and battle is a huge part of it, but there’s more to building a character
Big Mom, Whitebeard etc are all monsters with incredible strength, but that’s far from being the topic people would discuss when they’re talking about who they are and why they like them

Strongest Creature is cool and all, but I was more so drawn to his ideology and persistence on death and victory and failure(and of course his crew’s theme)

I just think it’s pretty pathetic if the only reason my boy got fans is because he’s supposedly the strongest character, strength is only a part of a character, it supports who they are and their past defines it, it’s not supposed to be everything

I know this is a shonen and battle is a huge part of it, but there’s more to building a character
Big Mom, Whitebeard etc are all monsters with incredible strength, but that’s far from being the topic people would discuss when they’re talking about who they are and why they like them

Strongest Creature is cool and all, but I was more so drawn to his ideology and persistence on death and victory and failure(and of course his crew’s theme)
Kaido's character is what Zoro would be if he was a villain. It is not about being Strong. It is about growing Strong and Kaido reached the Top.

And something happened to him between him rescuing King at Punk Hazard and Higuarashi meeting him. His character had become jaded. Optimism got replaced by Cynicism and Disillusion. Kaido was even asking King if he still thinks that Kaido is JoyBoy. So confidence to change the world is replaced with self doubt.

I wonder what would have caused that. Also it must not be strength related since No one could defeat him

also ive been reading more about kabuki and , well, im back to the five act theory.

Takemoto Gidayū, the great jōruri chanter, was the first to describe the patterns or logic behind the five acts, which parallel as well the five categories of Noh which would be performed across a day.[3]

He described the first act as "Love"; the play opens auspiciously, using gentle themes and pleasant music to draw in the attention of the audience. The second act is described as "Warriors and Battles" (shura). Though it need not contain actual battle, it is generally typified by heightened tempo and intensity of plot. The third act, the climax of the entire play, is typified by pathos and tragedy. The plot achieves its dramatic climax. Takemoto describes the fourth act as a michiyuki (journey), which eases out of the intense drama of the climactic act, and often consists primarily of song and dance rather than dialogue and plot. The fifth act, then, is a rapid conclusion. All loose ends are tied up, and the play returns to an auspicious setting.[3]
so far we're on track here. act 1 was a nice time with bright colors and introduced themes and characters, act 2 was filled with minor battles in Udon and the Flower Capital, the tempo increased, and the warriors on both sides are introduced and shown off. act 3 was pathos and tragedy as we saw the details of oden's death, saw kaido betray orochi and start his path to a world of violence, saw the tension increase and reach a climax, and, if we're sticking to this, will soon end with a cliffhanger as Kaido (and maybe others) return from defeat. Act 4 is meant to be a road story, so either we're leaving wano again, wano is opening, or we'll follow someone traveling to or from or across wano. OR, there's another possibility. Act 5 will be the final resolution and we'll be able to move on.

So, the other possibility. I've just read more about Act 4.

Act Four, often in other plays a michiyuki journey, metaphorically associated with a journey through hell
:zorothink::zorothink::zorothink::zorothink:

Kaido's character is what Zoro would be if he was a villain. It is not about being Strong. It is about growing Strong and Kaido reached the Top. And something happened to him between him rescuing King at Punk Hazard to Higuarashi meeting him. His character had become jaded. Optimism got replaced by Cynicism and Disillusion. I wonder what would have caused that. Also it must not be strength related since No one could defeat him
He hates nobles and him being used like a bargain chip by them.

He teached Doffy a thing or two that they will drag them down their high horse

also ive been reading more about kabuki and , well, im back to the five act theory.

so far we're on track here. act 1 was a nice time with bright colors and introduced themes and characters, act 2 was filled with minor battles in Udon and the Flower Capital, the tempo increased, and the warriors on both sides are introduced and shown off. act 3 was pathos and tragedy as we saw the details of oden's death, saw kaido betray orochi and start his path to a world of violence, saw the tension increase and reach a climax, and, if we're sticking to this, will soon end with a cliffhanger as Kaido (and maybe others) return from defeat. Act 4 is meant to be a road story, so either we're leaving wano again, wano is opening, or we'll follow someone traveling to or from or across wano. OR, there's another possibility. Act 5 will be the final resolution and we'll be able to move on.

So, the other possibility. I've just read more about Act 4.

:zorothink::zorothink::zorothink::zorothink:
Soooooo... Does that mean Kaido's awakening is still on the table, right? :pepecopium: