News One Piece: Volume 102 SBS Info Thread

E

Epicop

SBS 102 : Thanks to SCOTCH

The crew of Kid Pirates was revealed to be 31 members, only 22 revealed, Oda-sensei says it is not important to know them all.
1- Kid.
2- Keller.
3-wire.
4- Babylon clouds.
5-HIT.
6- Babassu.
Kid's Pirate Crew is 31 members, only 22 members have been revealed and are generally unimportant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q : Hello Oda! Based on the reasons for the cover of Chapter 1031, the second man in the heart-breaker is Bebo, isn't it? I was surprised by that because I thought the three, Bebo , Penguin , and Shachi together made up the second man! Does this mean that Bebo is the strongest among them?
Oda : You're definitely talking about that cover, Zoro, and not all of the others on the cover bear the title of "Deputy Captain". These 2nd man group are all chosen arbitrarily. Usually Shachi and Penguin rely on them more, but they acknowledge Bebo's superiority over them when he saw him transforming into Sulong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does Frankie sleep?

Q : Hi Oda, I've always been interested in it since when did Luffy start using the word "Pirate King" for the first time ?
Oda : In the chapter that tells his story with Shanks, he certainly did not mention that he was on the ship of the Pirate King. Before Luffy met Shanks, Garb told him to become a marine, but Luffy opposed that and wanted to venture freely.

D

Deleted member 83

Hello Odacchi, judging from the color spread of chapter 1031, Bepo is the No.2 of Heart Pirates?! I was surprised since I thought him, Penguin, and Shachi are all No.2s. So is Bepo (sulong form?) the strongest out of them?
Oda: talking about that color spread huh. Same goes for Zoro, not everyone on there holds the position of vice captain. They are just the No.2s that I picked out. Penguin and Shachi are more reliable in normal circumstances, but those two have seen Bepo's sulong transformation, so they acknowledge that "combat wise Bepo is superior!"

D

Deleted member 83

If Luffy, Kid, and Law were to play rock paper scissor, who would win? Is it Luffy? Because he can see the future.
(From a 6 years old)
Oda: oh, that's a great question! It's true, Luffy can see the future so he might win. But, Luffy hates cheating so I think he won't use future sight. I believe they'll all end up in a fight anyway regardless of the result!

Someone asked for a Top 5 nose length
Oda's answer(excluding Hitetsu and Giants)
1, Vasco Shot
2, Arlong
3, Catarina Devon
4, Usopp(13cm)
5, Kaku
He says that characters with bigger body and face have an advantage so Usopp is only No.4

That's it I guess, any requests?

D

Deleted member 83

What does the last one here with Asura Zoro and Kaido say?
The move Zoro used in 1010, "Asura: Blades Drawn, Dead Man's Game", is it a reference to the rakugo "Eight Views of Hell, Dead Man's Game"?
oda: That's right! Everyone's favorite, a Rakugo reference. I know I know, nobody listens to these. But isn't the title cool?! It's one of Master Beichou Katsura's best! A story about touring the hell, it's very interesting.

All of these are spot on except I think "Lec" is actually meant to be called "Wreck", feels more in line with the Kidd Pirates' naming themes
Post automatically merged:

SBS 102 : Thanks to SCOTCH

The crew of Kid Pirates was revealed to be 31 members, only 22 revealed, Oda-sensei says it is not important to know them all.
1- Kid.
2- Keller.
3-wire.
4- Babylon clouds.
5-HIT.
6- Babassu.
Kid's Pirate Crew is 31 members, only 22 members have been revealed and are generally unimportant.

Q : Hello Oda! Based on the reasons for the cover of Chapter 1031, the second man in the heart-breaker is Bebo, isn't it? I was surprised by that because I thought the three, Bebo , Penguin , and Shachi together made up the second man! Does this mean that Bebo is the strongest among them?
Oda : You're definitely talking about that cover, Zoro, and not all of the others on the cover bear the title of "Deputy Captain". These 2nd man group are all chosen arbitrarily. Usually Shachi and Penguin rely on them more, but they acknowledge Bebo's superiority over them when he saw him transforming into Sulong.

How does Frankie sleep?

Q : Hi Oda, I've always been interested in it since when did Luffy start using the word "Pirate King" for the first time ?
Oda : In the chapter that tells his story with Shanks, he certainly did not mention that he was on the ship of the Pirate King. Before Luffy met Shanks, Garb told him to become a marine, but Luffy opposed that and wanted to venture freely.
In this pic Jinbe's VA bears a striking resemblance to the actor that inspired Akainu's design, Bunta Sugawara

The move Zoro used in 1010, "Asura: Blades Drawn, Dead Man's Game", is it a reference to the rakugo "Eight Views of Hell, Dead Man's Game"?
oda: That's right! Everyone's favorite, a Rakugo reference. I know I know, nobody listens to these. But isn't the title cool?! It's one of Master Beichou Katsura's best! A story about touring the hell, it's very interesting.
A note on this comparison: the difference between Zoro's attack and the Rakugo title (in Japanese) is only that of Ashura and Hell, "Ashura" is the word for 'demon' in Hindu mythology, in fact the kanji used directly reference the term Ashura from Hindu mythology itself (he didn't just use the kanji for oni/ki and put 'Ashura' in the furigana) and Zoro's 3 headed form is a pretty clear allusion in itself to the form of multiple Hindu gods/demons.

The translation provided in this comment is perfectly accurate pertaining to the English official names from Viz, but I just wanted to highlight how similar they really are in terms of the literal Japanese. Zoro's attack begins with "9 sword style: Asura" and the Rakugo begins with the kanji for "Hell", everything after that is the exact same between the attack and the Rakugo names