OP - Read or watch the anime?

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
Where are you at? If you're post Enies Lobby One Pace has the anime with condensed pacing from EL till current. So you get the perks of voice acing, music, animation without the original anime 10 page per episode pacing.

If you're still before EL, I'd recommend reading the manga up to EL while checking out the highlight scenes in the anime (They do the highlight scenes justice but the pacing puts people off) then switch to One Pace.

That's what my GF tried and she loved it. Not sure if this way works for everyone tho. Maybe other will suggest alternative ways and you get to pick.

Post automatically merged:

I'd also suggest reading the OP digitally colored manga version if you're going to catch up to EL in the manga. I heard it has some translation issues with some chapters, but overall OP manga looks great in color.

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Definitely watch till Marineford and all of pre timeskip, they are all very well paced and have good animation style.

Post timeskip is where the anime has been very questionable.

- Shobondy, Fishman Isaland and Punk Hazard are bearable to watch, but Deressrosa was pretty wank apart from Luffy's final fight, and Zoro finisher vs his arc oppenent.

- Shit tier animation for everything else (excluding Viola dancing ) :catblush:, and the whole arc is dragged tf out.

- Read the Zou arc. The anime makes Jack skip leg day and Zunisha looks like she's made out of paper mache. Watch the anime for revire segment tho, that was pretty good.

- Read the whole cake island arc, there's no two ways about it. ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข You don't want to be witnessing the Big Meme for more than 20x longer in a vastly lower quality.

Wano so far has been very good in terms of animation, art, and pacing but some bits are still kind of dragged out. You will have to judge this one for yourself.

Melontonin

Blood Manipulation
โ€Ž
Where are you at? If you're post Enies Lobby One Pace has the anime with condensed pacing from EL till current. So you get the perks of voice acing, music, animation without the original anime 10 page per episode pacing.

If you're still before EL, I'd recommend reading the manga up to EL while checking out the highlight scenes in the anime (They do the highlight scenes justice but the pacing puts people off) then switch to One Pace.

That's what my GF tried and she loved it. Not sure if this way works for everyone tho. Maybe other will suggest alternative ways and you get to pick.

Post automatically merged:

I'd also suggest reading the OP digitally colored manga version if you're going to catch up to EL in the manga. I heard it has some translation issues with some chapters, but overall OP manga looks great in color.
I am just about to reach Enies Lobby. @Fujishiro recommended me about the same thing you did. One Pace once I reach that arc or read the manga and then watch the big events in the anime. Thank you for your suggestions, I am leaning towards reading!

You got a way with words Zoro :blush:
Definitely watch till Marineford and all of pre timeskip, they are all very well paced and have good animation style.

Post timeskip is where the anime has been very questionable.

- Shobondy, Fishman Isaland and Punk Hazard are bearable to watch, but Deressrosa was pretty wank apart from Luffy's final fight, and Zoro finisher vs his arc oppenent.

- Shit tier animation for everything else (excluding Viola dancing ) :catblush:, and the whole arc is dragged tf out.

- Read the Zou arc. The anime makes Jack skip leg day and Zunisha looks like she's made out of paper mache. Watch the anime for revire segment tho, that was pretty good.

- Read the whole cake island arc, there's no two ways about it. ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข You don't want to be witnessing the Big Meme for more than 20x longer in a vastly lower quality.

Wano so far has been very good in terms of animation, art, and pacing but some bits are still kind of dragged out. You will have to judge this one for yourself.
Yeah, sounds like reading is the better option in general... I'm not sure but I remember someone saying that there was a time in the anime that they were not faithful to the manga in regards to marines? Obviously I don't know what that's about LOL Which is why I'm also leaning towards the manga.
You can't read anime:giogio:
My thoughts exactly!

Manga, it is years I don't watch an anime episode. To read a chapter you spend 5 minutes which translate in 20+(?) minutes of an anime episode plus openings and endings and all that added time is non canon filler. How many chapters have you left to go? let's say 900.

Manga would be 900 x 5 min = about 75 hours

Anime 900 x 20 = 300 hours with 225 hours of filler

But if yoy enjoy voice acting etc. Then go for the anime.