General & Others Opinion on Cast of Live action

Meeyori

โ€ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐“…๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ โ€
โ€Ž
I think they all look good, I canโ€™t wait to see how Jeff Waard does Buggy.

I think out of all the casting, Mackenyu is still my favorite though

edit: theyโ€™ll definitely have Arlong be Blue, I donโ€™t see why they wouldnโ€™t tbh

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
โ€Ž
Counterpoint to the whole โ€œlive action adaptations always suckโ€ argument (that Iโ€™ve made plenty of time myself) - if we KNOW going in that the show wonโ€™t really honor the source material in the way we feel we deserve, can we just enjoy it on its own merit as a piece of IP from the franchise we love? Like, I think the main SHP are cast very well according to looks, and I donโ€™t have any problems with the characters whose actors were just announced; as long as they can tell some semblance of a story Iโ€™ve known and enjoyed for a very long time, and the acting/writing is competent, then to paraphrase what we Jews say on Passover, that would honestly be enough. Hell, the manga isnโ€™t really all that great these days, why not enjoy a (somewhat altered) retelling of the glory days?? :kayneshrug:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
โ€Ž
I've got about 0 faith in a live action adaption and Arlong's actor is likely only supplying the voice for Arlong. Still, tons of pressure for him. He's likely to be the main antagonist for the 1st season so I hope they cast someone who can carry that.
Go read what he said on it.
He will be fine

Can someone explain this thread? Is that a joke or the guy is real about Arlong actor not having blue skin?

@topic

I don't think Alvida is chubby enough. Buggy doesn't look stupid enough. Garp doesn't look chad enough.

Koby and Helmeppo look dumb/gay enough for this period. Hope the actors get chad enough for them later on(Enies Lobby).

It's pointless to make it a live action movie it will have zero success it's a disgrace to the manga do it right or don't touch it don't use the name to produce a movie which has no relation to the manga

Is Arlong Actor the right choice? No offence but would Arlong skin dark in the movie and not blue?
Opinion...
I mean, I don't know how many people exist who have blue skin
Post automatically merged:

I've got about 0 faith in a live action adaption and Arlong's actor is likely only supplying the voice for Arlong. Still, tons of pressure for him. He's likely to be the main antagonist for the 1st season so I hope they cast someone who can carry that.
They probably won't fully CGI him. I'm pretty sure they'll use the same technology the MCU used for Thanos. Where they overlay CGI on top of a real actor.

No shonnen anime live adaptation to this day has been good.

Soo i have no expectations for it or its cast, if its good, then nice, i get something to watch....If its shit, then we can at least farm for memes. Lets see how they make Aarlong into a good guy funder of the fishman lives matter movement, and all the suffering they caused for Nami' village is justified because humans are racist.

Nikuzi

โš“๐’ซ๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ฌ๐“Š๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Šโš“
โ€Ž
I think the casting for the main cast is ok, but Zoro is a little too pretty and Sanji looks like bootleg eminem. Luffy, Nami, and Usopp look quite good though i think.