All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Then you should see something talking about Plan or how to go into Nintendo Shop through it. You find it yet?
I had ended up purchasing a 1 month thru Google Play early on since on the Switch it only showed that I had a Basic Plan checking the my player profile on HOME but didn't actually let me click on it, I couldn't find anything on the e-shop other than the Online Membership Subscription, etc..

Is this one of those Fanon Pokemon games like Pokemon Uranium and such?
Yes, it is fanmade but it is very polished. Imo far more than you average pkmn game. The world is huge, the story way longer (anyway the content is not child friendly at all, you get that on the first minutes of play lol), the creators to make it harder for people to get the strongest pkmn (the pseudo legendaries) pit them behind huge puzzles. Also the field effects that are very nice (I don't know if the official pkmn games introduced something like that with the latest releases).

Yes, it is fanmade but it is very polished. Imo far more than you average pkmn game. The world is huge, the story way longer (anyway the content is not child friendly at all, you get that on the first minutes of play lol), the creators to make it harder for people to get the strongest pkmn (the pseudo legendaries) pit them behind huge puzzles. Also the field effects that are very nice (I don't know if the official pkmn games introduced something like that with the latest releases).
Interesting. Is it best of all Fanmade games or you think there are better ones?

I had ended up purchasing a 1 month thru Google Play early on since on the Switch it only showed that I had a Basic Plan checking the my player profile on HOME but didn't actually let me click on it, I couldn't find anything on the e-shop other than the Online Membership Subscription, etc..
You sure? You didn't click on plans inside Home thing you downloaded as that how I found mind after checking through thoroughly.

Interesting. Is it best of all Fanmade games or you think there are better ones?
To be honest I have tried just that and another one similair, I think it was inspired by reborn, which was worse. But imo it is better even than the original ones in many aspects. I mean the official ones are good, the graphics get better with each release, but as long as story, content, puzzles, battles go this one is better but maybe it is just my taste.

Something that I like but maybe not everyone likes is the more "mature" content, I mean I grew up with pkmn since mid school but as I grow up they stayed the same and kept targeting the same audiance, children, maybe they changed that a bit with their last film (detective pikachu) but that is all. We here have a story more real, out of the candyland which pkmn world is and always will be. Here people kill pkmn, pkmn kill people, the pkmn region is rotten to the core lol, the devs had no problems trowing any kind of curve balls. 2 important characters battle and then the one who wins order his pkmn to decapitate the girl, 2 female gym leaders are implied to be in a relationship and many others (even suicides). It is something I like because the story feels real and out of the pkmn candyland (then maybe for somebody this could be a bit too much out fron the usual pkmn world).

Another thing I like is the difficulty, it is way harder than every official pkmn game but they worked a lot on that. I will just say there are allbthe 807 pkmns that were released until 1 or 2 gens ago (don't know), they picked out the strongest ones you find in online tournaments and made them way harder to get, usually after complicated puzzles you can get just 1 of them (pseudo legendaries mainly so from dratini-dragonite onwards so metagross, salamance etc.)

Then there are the field effects but I have already gone too mich off topic XD

You sure? You didn't click on plans inside Home thing you downloaded as that how I found mind after checking through thoroughly.
so far the only place i can click/adjust my plan is on mobile aka Google Play, and on the Switch I can see the plan on Options but that part of the HOME application only lets me adjust 'music' and 'sound effect' when moving left or right on the d pad. On the e-shop it only shows "Offers In-Game Purchases", and thats it.

this is what its looking like for me: it's not letting me click on "Current Plan" whatsoever

Can I say that I don't fancy all the new shit like Z-attacks and giga-evolutions and shit without coming off like a snob? :catsure:

Last year I've extensively played the Heart Gold edition, and I loved it! It was the perfet mix of classic feel & gameplay with new elements and great optic! Still haven't finished the national Dex, but I'm only < 10 Pokémon short of it! Would've loved a Ruby/Saphire/Emerald remake in that style, but I completely disliked the 3D-concept and those gameplay additions.

So how would you guys descripe Sword/Shield or even the Alola-games compared to the more classic ones?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Can I say that I don't fancy all the new shit like Z-attacks and giga-evolutions and shit without coming off like a snob? :catsure:

Last year I've extensively played the Heart Gold edition, and I loved it! It was the perfet mix of classic feel & gameplay with new elements and great optic! Still haven't finished the national Dex, but I'm only < 10 Pokémon short of it! Would've loved a Ruby/Saphire/Emerald remake in that style, but I completely disliked the 3D-concept and those gameplay additions.

So how would you guys descripe Sword/Shield or even the Alola-games compared to the more classic ones?
Well, this is the first generation I’ve played since Black and White (Gold/Silver were probably my favorites and the same is true of their remakes), so it was definitely a huge leap and corresponding adjustment period for me.

However, I really enjoyed this game! It’s a lot of fun navigating the new region, the lack of a central antagonistic team (Marnie’s fan club or whatever isn’t intimidating or evil) doesn’t detract from the experience, and even if the gameplay is relatively stunted compared to other core series games, it still felt like a regular entry into the Pokémon canon.

I still find myself playing solely to do Raid Battles and get previously uncaptured creatures/grind for EXP Candies so I can power all my good ones up before the expansion packs come out, those are gonna be wild!

Would also love to see Diamond/Pearl remakes this generation (although something tells me this isn’t what you’d like considering what you said about the aesthetics past their original generation), seems reasonable considering the pattern (we got 1 in 3, 2 in 4, and 3 in 6, all when the games were released on new systems for the first time).

Well, this is the first generation I’ve played since Black and White (Gold/Silver were probably my favorites and the same is true of their remakes), so it was definitely a huge leap and corresponding adjustment period for me.

However, I really enjoyed this game! It’s a lot of fun navigating the new region, the lack of a central antagonistic team (Marnie’s fan club or whatever isn’t intimidating or evil) doesn’t detract from the experience, and even if the gameplay is relatively stunted compared to other core series games, it still felt like a regular entry into the Pokémon canon.

I still find myself playing solely to do Raid Battles and get previously uncaptured creatures/grind for EXP Candies so I can power all my good ones up before the expansion packs come out, those are gonna be wild!

Would also love to see Diamond/Pearl remakes this generation (although something tells me this isn’t what you’d like considering what you said about the aesthetics past their original generation), seems reasonable considering the pattern (we got 1 in 3, 2 in 4, and 3 in 6, all when the games were released on new systems for the first time).
So what are those raid battles? Sounds exciting!
I'll have to admit that I was pretty intrigued at first after watching the S/S-trailer, and since it was around the time I was still playing Heart Gold, I actually considered trying this generation. But first looks at the gameplay and lack of free time (and also the obvious lack of the proper console, lol) changed my opinion.

I've never actually played Diamond/Pearl, back then I owned a Gameboy Advanced XP and couldn't be bothered to get a Nintendo DS just for one game, since at that time I was also gaming on the PlayStation. D/P would be my first choices, though, if I'd ever decide to try another Pokémon game since they're closest to HG/SS (although I couldn't imagine walking around w/o my Steelix following me ever again, lol).