General & Others Question about SWORD

If I’m interpreting Kuzan’s dialogue here correctly, then SWORD agents aren’t technically still Marines. They’re still loyal to the organization and whatnot, but they aren’t on the books like other Marines.

Are SWORD agents able to increase in rank?
Coby’s the same rank that Axe-Hand Morgan was way back at Romance Dawn, but he’s clearly considered a big deal in-universe. And for that matter, none of the other SWORD agents are at a rank above Rear Admiral, yet they seem way more competent than guys like Yamakaji. So did the SWORD agents get their official ranks frozen when they joined SWORD? Since at that point they’re not officially part of the organization anymore.

They’re marines, however, they’re marines that MarineHQ can separate themselves from.

If they get captured or caught attacking a yonko crew, there’s no chance for war as the world government can merely state they did it of their own accord and the yonko can kill them without any consequence.

Are they marines? Yes.
Do they have WG protection? No.

They’re marines, however, they’re marines that MarineHQ can separate themselves from.

If they get captured or caught attacking a yonko crew, there’s no chance for war as the world government can merely state they did it of their own accord and the yonko can kill them without any consequence.

Are they marines? Yes.
Do they have WG protection? No.
They’re still Marines for all intents and purposes but officially they’ve resigned their commissions, so I’m wondering if that means they can’t change ranks once they’ve joined

They’re still Marines for all intents and purposes but officially they’ve resigned their commissions, so I’m wondering if that means they can’t change ranks once they’ve joined
They can likely still increase their ranks. And I wouldn’t say they’re more competent than Vice admirals as they’ve only fought fodder so far.

They can likely still increase their ranks. And I wouldn’t say they’re more competent than Vice admirals as they’ve only fought fodder so far.
Maybe it’s just cause only a handful of Marines get any focus, but I’d say Grus is probably able to do more than a lot of Vice Admirals because he has an unkillable small army at his disposal

But the SWORD agents this chapter aside, Koby’s basically a celebrity. Even Boa Hancock knew who he was back at chapter 1059. Weird that someone like that wouldn’t at least be a Rear Admiral

Maybe it’s just cause only a handful of Marines get any focus, but I’d say Grus is probably able to do more than a lot of Vice Admirals because he has an unkillable small army at his disposal

But the SWORD agents this chapter aside, Koby’s basically a celebrity. Even Boa Hancock knew who he was back at chapter 1059. Weird that someone like that wouldn’t at least be a Rear Admiral
Remember, Cobys only been a marine for 2 years. The idea that he’s already as high ranking as he is is nuts.

Yeah its mostly just unfortunate that Vice Admirals got used as hype tools without any hype of their own.
If the Weaker Strawhats do fight Elite Vice Admirals like speculated

We will just have to accept that the VA rank is just two ranks, one for Vet level guys like PH Smoker and the other for Elite YC level guys like the candidates

If I’m interpreting Kuzan’s dialogue here correctly, then SWORD agents aren’t technically still Marines. They’re still loyal to the organization and whatnot, but they aren’t on the books like other Marines.

Are SWORD agents able to increase in rank?
Coby’s the same rank that Axe-Hand Morgan was way back at Romance Dawn, but he’s clearly considered a big deal in-universe. And for that matter, none of the other SWORD agents are at a rank above Rear Admiral, yet they seem way more competent than guys like Yamakaji. So did the SWORD agents get their official ranks frozen when they joined SWORD? Since at that point they’re not officially part of the organization anymore.
Its also publicity, so they move them in rank if they get stronger or do things that make them famous.

Why you think they wanted to make Garp a Ladmiral despite Garp refusing to be one before many times in the past and despite making his superiors and Celestial Dragons angry?