General & Others Ranking all One Piece openings 1-22

So I just happened to watch one of the "reacting One Piece openings 1-22" on yt and holly shit i just remembered how nostalgic and insanely good the OP Openings are especially the first 5 .. So just wanted to share my ranking of them

1 - Opening 20 , Hope it's simply by far the best the music the animation and the story they chose to show ... probably my favorite anime opening ever

2 - Opening 14 , We Fight together the nostalgia and emotions in this one is really strong and the music really fits it and it was my #1 til Hope came around

3 - Opening 5 , Kokoro no chizu music is insane and the animation/story was about my fav arc W7 so it perfectly fit

4 - Opening 2 , Believe in Wonderland

5 - Opening 4 , Bon Voyage

6 - Opening 11 , Share the World

7 - Opening 1 , We Are!

8 -Opening 10 , We Are!

9 - Opening 22 , Over the top

10 -Opening 13 , One Day

11 - Opening 6 , Brand new world

12 - Opening 15 , We GO!

13 - Opening 16 , Hands Up!

14 - Opening 9 , Jungle P

15 - Opening 12 , Kaze o Sagashite

16 - Opening 3 , Hikari e

17 - Opening 18 Hard Knock Days

18 - Opening 19 , We Can!

19 - Opening 17 , Wake Up!

20 - Opening 7 , We Are Remix

21 - Opening 21 , Super Powers

22 - Opening 8 , Crazy Rainbow

I will do a full list later but here's my top 5:kayneshrug:

1. Super Powers :akaman:

This is the first time i see someone put Super Powers even in their top 5 ... i really didn't like neither the song nor the animation (like why tf is Chopper fighting bm)

All I remember is that Opening 4 'Bon Voyage' is my favourite opening hands down followed by 1, 3, 6, 5... Tbh, I really like the initial openings. It's very hard to rank them all.

I think that's the same for me , the first 5 were extremely nostalgic (Believe in Wonderland , Bon Voyage , We Are!) but 3 is my least favorite their but i just cant put any of the first 5 above Hope (20) and We Fight Together (14)

This is the first time i see someone put Super Powers even in their top 5 ... i really didn't like neither the song nor the animation (like why tf is Chopper fighting bm)

I think that's the same for me , the first 5 were extremely nostalgic (Believe in Wonderland , Bon Voyage , We Are!) but 3 is my least favorite their but i just cant put any of the first 5 above Hope (20) and We Fight Together (14)
if you look at this thread (https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...set-to-air-in-episode-935-august-2-2020.5958/ ), there are actually a surprising amount of people that like OP 21, I'm not one of them though

V6 is actually a really good band and they've done good music for the past 20 years (one that I like is CHANGE THE WORLD aka Inuyasha OP 1) but Super Powers imo was easily one of the worst songs they've done and one of the worst for One Piece if you ask me. If I had to explain, it felt too cliche'd or stale

as for my top 5 One Piece openings it'd probably be

1 - OP 11 | SHARE THE WORLD (TVXQ)
2 - OP 10 | We Are! 2008 Remix (TVXQ)
3 - OP 9 | Jungle P (5050)
4 - OP 20 | Hope (Namie Amuro)
5 - OP 14 | Fight Together (Namie Amuro)

MY TOP 10:

1. OP 14 (it still make drop my tears and i always keep rewatching it)
2. OP 1 (where a legend begins and it even enter top 10 best anime opening all time by japanese survey)
3. OP 3 (my chill summer-ish song)
4. OP 16 (It's literally my genre)
5. OP 6 (my workout playlist)
6. OP 2 (the first song I hear from OP)
7. OP 20 (tbh, bandwagoning the hype and it deserved the hype)
8. OP 18 (It's just that good)
9. OP 12 (warm and happy but melancholy)
10. OP 15 (NEW WORLD HYPE BABY)

Honorable Mentions:

OP 5
OP 9
OP 17
OP 19

Last edited:
For me to like and opening, I have to like the song, the concept and the animation. So here’s my top 9.

1. Bon Voyage (Op 4) (Very nostalgic because of the memories of the strawhats).

2. We Are! (Op 10) (Again, very nostalgic because it is a homage to the franchise, enfatizing the most memorable moments).

3. One Day (Op 13) (Seeing the most important members of each faction in Marineford featured was very epic for me and I still hope they make a similar opening someday).

4. We Fight Together (Op 14) (It’s very sad and we see flashbacks of how each strawhat joined the crew and Luffy’s childhood as we say goodbye to Ace).

5. Hope (Op 20) (Most of the BM pirates look very good, especially Katakuri and Smoothie, nice art, captures Sanji’s plight really well, animation could be better. Also, it’s the only opening to feature Perospero, so extra points for that).

6. Over the Top (Op 22) (The art is what mostly sold this opening to me, and I loved the presentation of the Beast Pirates, they’re nicely drawn. Also liked the fact they included scenes of the current episode in a part of the opening).

7. We Go! (Op 15) (It really made me excited for the New World in the anime).

8. Jungle P (Op 9).

9. Hands Up! (Op 16).