General & Others Rate Chainsaw Man

Rate Chainsaw Man

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
10 out of 10, easiest question I've answered all day. :cheers:

CSM is in the Mt. Rushmore of Shonen genre for me, alongside JJBA, FMA, and SXF. :steef:
Yeah I think I recall you mentioning this earlier as well. If you don't mind me asking, what makes it a 10 outta 10 for you? I am giving it a solid 8 for now, might even be an 8.5, with a lot of potential for the improvement of the score heading forward ngl.

Itโ€™s definitely among my favourites
If I had to rank it now then I would say itโ€™s my sixth favourite manga
I love that itโ€™s weird and unique
The pacing is great, the characters are relatable and the story is deeper than it seems
There are great plot twists and the author has balls
I rarely like MC's but Denji is so fucking awesome
9/10

Yeah I think I recall you mentioning this earlier as well. If you don't mind me asking, what makes it a 10 outta 10 for you? I am giving it a solid 8 for now, might even be an 8.5, with a lot of potential for the improvement of the score heading forward ngl.
10 reasons why CSM is 10 out 10? Sure:

1. Denji is an awesome and engaging MC. A chosen one who both wants to be one, but is also human enough to be let to feel all the pain and challenges that come with it. The fact that he manages to stay true to who he really is, while displaying character development all the same, means that he is well-written;

2. Makima is an amazing antagonist and on the running as Manga's greatest villainess. Her motives and her power complement one another, too;

3. Quality over quantity: the protagonists are mostly grouped in a trio, be it in part 1 or 2, but they are properly fleshed out without being reduced to stereotypes. Even someone like Asa, whom I found difficult to like at first, has grown to be more sympathethic;

4. A great, great, great use of dark humor all throughout the series. Maybe the best I've ever seen in any Manga;

5. A fairly effective use of "Anyone can die" trope, which is a rarity in modern Shounen;

6. The touching and sad moments are really touching and sad on-panel, not only in the minds of the author and his editor (hehehe);

7. Sick art, obviously;

8. A classic of the horror genre, which is difficult to pull off in Shonen since most Shounen manga belong to the fantasy genre;

9. Oh, the supporting characters never overstay their welcome, too;

10. And, lastly, Nyanko, Pochita, and the dogs.

:queenmoji:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
not only in the minds of the author and his editor (hehehe);

10 reasons why CSM is 10 out 10? Sure:

1. Denji is an awesome and engaging MC. A chosen one who both wants to be one, but is also human enough to be let to feel all the pain and challenges that come with it. The fact that he manages to stay true to who he really is, while displaying character development all the same, means that he is well-written;

2. Makima is an amazing antagonist and on the running as Manga's greatest villainess. Her motives and her power complement one another, too;

3. Quality over quantity: the protagonists are mostly grouped in a trio, be it in part 1 or 2, but they are properly fleshed out without being reduced to stereotypes. Even someone like Asa, whom I found difficult to like at first, has grown to be more sympathethic;

4. A great, great, great use of dark humor all throughout the series. Maybe the best I've ever seen in any Manga;

5. A fairly effective use of "Anyone can die" trope, which is a rarity in modern Shonen;

6. The touching and sad moments are really touching and sad on-panel, not only in the minds of the author and his editor (hehehe);

7. Sick art, obviously;

8. A classic of the horror genre, which is difficult to pull off in Shonen since most Shounen manga belong to the fantasy genre;

9. Oh, the supporting characters never overstay their welcome, too;

10. And, lastly, Nyanko, Pochita, and the dogs.

:queenmoji:
Yeah all of those are solid reasons. Nice. I especially agree about Makima.