Current Events Remember the theories about Gear 5

Remember when the fandom theorized about what Luffy's next power up would be like, especially the G5? I remember perfectly that the main theories about the G5 were: G5 Tigerman, G5 Lionman and Giant Luffy awakening, Luffy Sun Wukong

- Tigerman/Lionman theories were always grounded in volume covers:

- Luffy Sun Wukong:

- Luffy Gear 5 with ACoC Supreme+ Seraphoenix+God mode(LMFAO)

The funniest thing about it all is not only that all the theories about the G5 were wrong, but also that, contrary to all these theories and fanarts, G5 Luffy is visually simple. No one expected Luffy's Gear 5 form to be an homage to old animations.

But what about you, did you believe in any of these theories about the G5? did you like any of them?

I predicted Luffy becoming Sun God long ago, but i never thought it would be Awakening or Gear 5
I thought Kid & Law were gonna steal Big Mom's Soul (Which she absorbed to buff herself) & give it to a dying Luffy
Which will make him Transform into Sun God Nika

Here is my Full Take on this:

Luffy have Adv. Haoshoku Haki + Flames
Zoro's Power Up was Adv. Haoshoku Haki that seem to be even Greater than Luffy's - King/God Power
So Sanji's Power Up will be Flames that will be even Greater than Luffy's (Black Flames or many Colors as hinted by Splatoon) - Sun Power

After that, Luffy's Final Power-Up will be Combination of Zoro's Power & Sanji's Power
Meaning Adv. CoC + Flames which results in King/Godly Power + Sun Power -----> Leading to Sun God Luffy

In Conclusion:

Zoro's Power-Up = Overwhelming CoC
Sanji's Power-Up = Overwhelming Flames
Luffy's Power-Up = Sun God Form = Overwhelming CoC Flames

This is also Hinted by Three Calamities, Jack (Water) - Queen (Land) - King (Sky)
Jack was Defeated by Inurashi Moon Transformation
Queen will be Defeated by Powerful Flames (Rainbow Flames which refers to Sun + Okama + Germa + Splatoon + Emotions)
King will be Defeated by Powerful CoC

So to Defeat someone who represent Sea + Land + Sky who is Kaido, you need all Those Three Power-Ups Combined
In other words: New Transformation + CoC + Flames ---> Obviously Sun God

They are also like Opposite of Inurashi, Zoro & Sanji's Power Ups in their Nature:

Inurashi Transformation is related to Moon ---> Luffy's Transformation will be related to Sun
Zoro have Demonic CoC ---> Luffy have Divine CoC
Sanji will have Rainbow Flames ---> Luffy will have Pure Sun Flames

However it will be a Temporary Transformation (Similar to Nightmare Luffy)
How will it happen?
Well, Nightmare Luffy was Luffy empowered by Shadows, so this time we have Big Mom here who can bring out Luffy's Full Potential, in other words, Luffy gonna absorb BM's Souls which results in him becoming Sun God

Meaning that Kid & Law's Fight will somehow lead to BM's Soul getting into Luffy
Could it be that Luffy will lose again against Kaido & could be dying, but then Law after BM's is Half-Defeated & her Soul leaves her Body, will capture that Soul using his DF & then give it to Luffy
This was my Theory & i shared it back in November (We were still in Chapter 1032 when King, Queen, Kaidou, Big Mom Fights weren't concluded yet)

I predicted everything correctly except Sanji Flames being Blue (I thought Rainbow Colors) & as i said, i thought Sun God Nika is Luffy gaining Massive Soul Boost, just didn't know it would be from his DF

Rej

Tripple Hoyo Player
Oda caught us all off guard with having both Gear 5 and Awakening being the same. I was also thinking about this inbetween but never been truly sure about it. It's a positive surprise and for me it makes sense when looking from the perspective of implementing new forms, because it seems like the final power up/form.

Remember when the fandom theorized about what Luffy's next power up would be like, especially the G5? I remember perfectly that the main theories about the G5 were: G5 Tigerman, G5 Lionman and Giant Luffy awakening, Luffy Sun Wukong

- Tigerman/Lionman theories were always grounded in volume covers:

- Luffy Sun Wukong:

- Luffy Gear 5 with ACoC Supreme+ Seraphoenix+God mode(LMFAO)

The funniest thing about it all is not only that all the theories about the G5 were wrong, but also that, contrary to all these theories and fanarts, G5 Luffy is visually simple. No one expected Luffy's Gear 5 form to be an homage to old animations.

But what about you, did you believe in any of these theories about the G5? did you like any of them?
Honestly these look awful in comparison to what Oda created, I'm happy about the design and abilities of G5 although the execution/build up could have been better.

Even so it makes sense G5 embodies awakening since thats the only thing he lacked.
  • G2 Speed
  • G3 Strength and AOE
  • G4 Strength/attack speed/durability depending on the variation
Looking back it was rather obvious...