Controversial Reverend Insanity

So I don't post too much and even less I make threads but I think this has to be done since you are missing something great.

Reverend Insanity is a chinese light novel, but of corse it is not your usual xianxia/wuxia novel. This novel is dark and strong, so dark and so strong the CCP banned it in China and the author was forced to put it on hiatus (2000+ chapters available right now).

Anyway this is a good review:

I highly recommend this novel if you're tired of storylines from the good guy's point of view or just like evil MCs in general. What sets this apart for me from the generic evil MC novel is that it doesn't try to rub it in your face that the MC is evil : most of them make a show of mentioning mindless slaughter (the gorier the better), or including lots of NSFW scenes. Most of the time that kind of approach falls flat for me though, turning the novel into one-dimensional depictions of good vs evil.
Here, the MC is simply what he is, plain and simple : someone who wants to reach the topmost level of cultivation so that he could have eternal life. He's incredibly focused at it, and he doesn't want to be held back by the moral conventions of the "correct path", emotion, etc., hence his decision to travel the Devil Path (he's incredibly similar to the MC from Warlock of the Magus World, but less psychopathic; he doesn't get a kick twisting people to his will, he's all business). He's very cold blooded and calculating, but he's not a prick; in fact he can be very sociable at times, usually when he's setting someone up.
The cultivation is unique as well, with insects being used as material representations of world concepts : kill a wild beast, and there's a chance you retrieve an insect representing that beast's strength. Build that insect up, and you get to use that strength for your own. Same thing for that beast's defense, stamina, etc. Other insects include something that represents moonlight - build it up, and you're capable of long range attacks with arcs made of moonlight. So on and so forth. The insects have their own cultivation level aside from the user, and there's recipes where different insects can be joined up to get more powerful ones.
Plenty of worldbuilding as well. The world is divided into 5 separate regions, with each one having a distinct culture and flavor.

Also every volume ends with a huge bang that blows my mind away.