Questions & Mysteries Robin's questionable behavior in Egghead led me to believe she knows Imu

Robin being complete out of character and idle in Egghead arc got me wondering about this. Oda is a very specific and deliberate person, nothing is overlooked and every minuscule detail is actually carefully planned out.

Looking back at what Aokiji said to the Straw Hats about her in Water 7, I wonder if it's foreshadowing that she will backstab them and it would explain she rarely talks to them at all despite her connection with the underground world and Revolutionary army.

Her epithet is "devil's child" and "light of the revolution". What does this mean? A demon that does Satan's bidding?

Imu is heavily implied to be a Satan like antagonist and have a mythical zoan devil fruit of a Dragon. There's a strong religious theme in this series so it's not far fetched to think he is a Satan of sort. We have "devil" fruits, Adam and Eve trees, several crosses including Mihawk's boat and necklace and Kuma carrying a Bible and he probably sees Nika as the second coming of Joyboy (inspired by Jesus).

Does this mean Satan was cast out for declaring that he would become God and claim everything he had created?

You can see how he put emphasis on the word "light" which is bold here.

Now back to Robin...

In the cover of chapter 1113, Robin is shown to play chess and Straw Hats are being used as pawn. We can see Zoro and Nami foreshadowing but that's off topic.

What you can see about Robin here is that she's giving us Aizen vibes.

Then there's this...

The "devil's child".

How Japan depict Yokai (demons). Is Imu commanding her?

Thoughts?

Last edited: