Anime Discussion Rurouni Kenshin remake , general thread

Zolo

Cope Doctor
First episode was far more faithfull to manga than original. and pace was great, no speeding up the story, if this continues like that it will easily beat original in every way except OST

OST is what made original so legendary

Can you imagine any of the greatest moments from the series without OST?
Do you think anyone will care to rewatch Shishio's and Kenshin's final attack without "Warriors Suite" OST playing?

It's a shame they couldn't just take the perfect OST that was already made previously and just built up on it.

Also, why the sword attacks flash the whole screen? It is distracting
Opening was also quite shit.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
OST is what made original so legendary

Can you imagine any of the greatest moments from the series without OST?
Do you think anyone will care to rewatch Shishio's and Kenshin's final attack without "Warriors Suite" OST playing?

It's a shame they couldn't just take the perfect OST that was already made previously and just built up on it.

Also, why the sword attacks flash the whole screen? It is distracting
Opening was also quite shit.
OP was copy of samurai champloo. OST is legendary in original but too many filler and too much unecessary changes were added that it sucked to watch it... I reread manga once a year without any ost. And this remake works for me. Style was better in OG too. But those are minor complaints

OP was copy of samurai champloo
samurai champloo and rurouni kenshin are different type and style of stories. Champloo is a story centered around a hip hop fighting samurai, with the entire anime centered around hip hop music style.

This rap shit doesn't belong in Rurouni Kenshin.
in original but too many filler
You can fast forward filler

I don't remember filler being bad in canon storylines. It was only bad when they created their own original filler arcs.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
samurai champloo and rurouni kenshin are different type and style of stories. Champloo is a story centered around a hip hop fighting samurai, with the entire anime centered around hip hop music style.

This rap shit doesn't belong in Rurouni Kenshin.

You can fast forward filler

I don't remember filler being bad in canon storylines. It was only bad when they created their own original filler arcs.
They were bad. Even first episode had completely changed backround story. Many elisodes and villians had changed stories.
I meant opening was from samurai champloo look it up. Same style

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Original Kenshin filler was pretty bad. Manga was the way to go for storyline, but the OSTs alone made the anime goated. Haven't watched the first ep of the new series, I just hope they animate the Jinchu arc.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Original Kenshin filler was pretty bad. Manga was the way to go for storyline, but the OSTs alone made the anime goated. Haven't watched the first ep of the new series, I just hope they animate the Jinchu arc.
Its good. Second episodes combines two plotlines but its done well and actually are well adopted to manga

Zolo

Cope Doctor
First time Rouroni Kenshin and I love it.
Don't expect me to participate in discussions here. I am riding my own wave and don't need comparisons or anything.
Its fine. The first reall villian will come soon and you will see hes battousai nature . It should be at around 5th episode or 7 debends on what will anime cover. There are some plot lines not necessary that this anime can cut and show will still feel genuine adaptation to manga
Post automatically merged:

One reason I love the series is that fights wont take very long. The first villian will be covered in two eps

Zolo

Cope Doctor
huh?? there's nothing wrong with me saying that I m used to the old ones
I wish they kept retro style, it would of made the show unique in current times. Now it looks like any other anime. But so far its very faithfull to manga and I love that. The changes are so little yet makes it work better

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
OP was copy of samurai champloo. OST is legendary in original but too many filler and too much unecessary changes were added that it sucked to watch it... I reread manga once a year without any ost. And this remake works for me. Style was better in OG too. But those are minor complaints
kenshi is one of the most mid overrated animes ive seen wanked to all existence the beginning and fillers made it just as unbearable as Shippuden.

the 4 part OVA is what made it for me

I'm loving the remake. I never read the manga for the original but I was sad to find out some of the characters I liked were actually filler. I only ever watched it dub but the sub is great and I think everyone voice fits. The music is not so good in this one but I like the opening. Looking forward to next week episode.