Versus Battle Sarcosuchus vs Rhizodus

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I love these. Used to lurk on Carnivoria years and years ago.

SIZE SCALE;

Sarcosuchus is estimated to be between 3.5 ~ 4.5 metric tons. No idea for Rhizodus' weight, the wiki doesn't give an estimate but given the size discrepencies between these two animals, probably less than Sarcosuchus.

Weaponry wise, Sarcosuchus likely has an edge with its osteoderms and stouter body. Speed? Probably Rhizodus but in short bursts I'm going with the crocomorph. Both lurking in near shore and shore line environments, so they were both comfortable in a neutral environment...

I'm going heavy lean with Sarcosuchus. It's longer, likely heavier and probably has an incredibly powerful bite force like nearly all Croc-relatives had.

accidentally posted the opening post while it wasn't finished .... damn .

anyway , these are the estimations for both prehistoric animals .

Rhizodus
6 - 7 meters
4 tons
two 22 cm front fangs
large , plate like scales , like Arapaima

so it was an armoured fish like Arapaima .

Arapaima's scale did not break vs Piranha's teeth :

Sarcosuchus
9-9.5 meters
3.5 - 4.3 tons
8 tons bite force according to this estimation

although in the same page , the estimations for Sarcosuchus are the old ones ( 12 meters , 8 tons )

i don't really understand bite force but let's just put it here lol .
Sarcosuchus is estimated to be between 3.5 ~ 4.5 metric tons. No idea for Rhizodus' weight, the wiki doesn't give an estimate but given the size discrepencies between these two animals, probably less than Sarcosuchus.
i also sometimes went to Carnivora , although of course i'm not as knowledgeable as them about Animals .

Jeremy Wade said Rhizodus is 4 tons here , 1:50 +

he also said the 18 foot Crocodile in the video has a bite force close to 4000 pounds ( 1.8 tons ) , and Rhizodus could have more than double that

he also said Rhizodus could outbite the Bone - Crusher ( Dunkleosteus ) , although i think it was based on 6.4 meters & 1 ton weight estimations for Dunkleosteus

btw , i matched these two up , because Rhizodus would get crushed against Deinosuchus Riograndesis or Purussaurus .

on the other hand , Sarcosuchus who was a member of Crocodilians Holy Trinity with Deino and Puru , got downsized to 9 to 9.5 meters and 3.5 to 4.3 tons , and it's skull or jaw isn't as impressive as Deino's or Puru's , i think Rhizodus has a chance even though Sarco's chance to win might be bigger​

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
@King7 Oh, so it was more robust and comparable in size? I'm still gonna go with Sarcosuchus though. A single bite from it should be lethal, whereas modern crocodilians can survive horrendous damage and still live for many years.

@King7 Oh, so it was more robust and comparable in size? I'm still gonna go with Sarcosuchus though. A single bite from it should be lethal, whereas modern crocodilians can survive horrendous damage and still live for many years.
more robust ? for Rhizodus ? i don't know about that , but both Rhizodus and Sarcosuchus were armoured

comparable , yes . using the latest ( 2019 ) estimations for Sarcosuchus , which are 3.5 to 4.3 tons and 9.-9.5 meters , to Rhizodus' 6/7 meters and 4 tons

just several minutes ago , i decided to favour Sarcosuchus as well . the environment it lived , in Cretaceous Africa was extreme , there were Spinosaurus , Mawsonia , Onchopristis ( 8 m giant Sawfish ) , and in land there was Carcharodontosaurus and possibly Rugops , and other strong Dinosaurs

you reminded me . i also have seen modern Crocodilians having horrendous damage like missing jaws , or bitten belly , and still lived .