Character Discussion Shanks the guardian

Shanks the guardian and the last obstacle to the one piece

We know and shanks himself knows that he isn’t the man fated to find the one piece, surpass Roger, and then surpass joyboy
While he may not be that guy have been tasked by Roger to find the person that is

He like everyone else from the world government, the marines, most pirates, and Roger himself likely originally thought it was supposed to be ace. With him more likely than not being in search for him until he got to know luffy and decided to change plans. With him betting on luffy being the one fated to surpass roger and joyboy

With luffy finally awakening his fruit and defeating kaido in the process finally decided it’s time to move
With there being a decent chance he already has all 4 poneglyph rubbing
  1. He knew about the one in zou for decades
  2. Knew about the one in fmi for decades before it was taken
  3. Took the one from wci from kid
  4. Took the one from wano from kid
So yeah there’s a good shot he already has all 4 as is. While we don’t know if he has anyone capable of reading them he’s still pretty close

If he has 4 that means he’d be waiting at laughtale for either luffy or Blackbeard. With both of them missing the final rubbing they’re probably going to end up fighting for it with the winner moving on

Shanks obviously wanting it to be luffy that meets him on the island but ready for the worst if it ends up being Blackbeard

As for buggy shanks might end up reaching out to him to form some sort of deal or temporary alliance so that they can go there together. Buggy not going with him as a subordinate but someone on equal terms with shanks also being an emperor

If the strawhats end up beating the Blackbeard Pirates (they will) and fight the red haired pirates a Davy back fight would be a fitting way for their crews to compete. Buggy and cross guild could be the ones helping set up the event and judging the games
  • Them being good a setting up events in general
  • Them being equally biased against both crews that it makes them unbiased

Buggy and cross guild still deciding to go after the treasure anyway despite who wins or something

We know and shanks himself knows that he isn’t the man fated to find the one piece, surpass Roger, and then surpass joyboy
While he may not be that guy have been tasked by Roger to find the person that is

He like everyone else from the world government, the marines, most pirates, and Roger himself likely originally thought it was supposed to be ace. With him more likely than not being in search for him until he got to know luffy and decided to change plans. With him betting on luffy being the one fated to surpass roger and joyboy

With luffy finally awakening his fruit and defeating kaido in the process finally decided it’s time to move
So yeah there’s a good shot he already has all 4 as is. While we don’t know if he has anyone capable of reading them he’s still pretty close

If he has 4 that means he’d be waiting at laughtale for either luffy or Blackbeard. With both of them missing the final rubbing they’re probably going to end up fighting for it with the winner moving on

Shanks obviously wanting it to be luffy that meets him on the island but ready for the worst if it ends up being Blackbeard

As for buggy shanks might end up reaching out to him to form some sort of deal or temporary alliance so that they can go there together. Buggy not going with him as a subordinate but someone on equal terms with shanks also being an emperor

If the strawhats end up beating the Blackbeard Pirates (they will) and fight the red haired pirates a Davy back fight would be a fitting way for their crews to compete. Buggy and cross guild could be the ones helping set up the event and judging the games

Buggy and cross guild still deciding to go after the treasure anyway despite who wins or something
Nice theory about Shanks!

I also have an interesting theory about Shanks and would like to hear your thoughts on it. Can I share it with you via direct message?

I assumed the same for a very long time but Shanks saying it's time to get one piece might lead us to something else

Oda already said Shanks goal is like no other

and tbh it's really disappointing if Shanks goal be to protect something rather than achieve something

I don't want him to be a saint, he needs a purely selfish goal even if his selfishness be helpful to others

just like Whitebeard's selfishness

if Shanks ends up a self sacrificing saint I may not stand with him as a fan

I assumed the same for a very long time but Shanks saying it's time to get one piece might lead us to something else

Oda already said Shanks goal is like no other

and tbh it's really disappointing if Shanks goal be to protect something rather than achieve something

I don't want him to be a saint, he needs a purely selfish goal even if his selfishness be helpful to others

just like Whitebeard's selfishness

if Shanks ends up a self sacrificing saint I may not stand with him as a fan
Fair
I do think he probably deep down does wants the one piece and to succeed Roger but I think that can potentially be shown through him fighting luffy with everything he’s got

Not just just because he respects luffy and wants him to prove he’s ready but also because part of him does want to win

At the end of the day no one besides luffy will become king of the pirates so it isn’t like shanks will actually win even if he’s there first

Why shanks need to be some sort of guardian and preparing things for luffy if he beleive in profecy? I think he beleive that luffy would be the one who will claim one piece but i also think that he still want to challenge him and others. If luffy wouldn't defeat him that means shanks deserve one piece more. Shanks thinks that if luffy is destinid to become pirate king then there's nothing that can stop him so he can go all out against luffy.

Shanks is Author (Oda) self inserted character into his manga
Just like an Author paving the way of his mc through the journey
Shanks role pretty much is the same

Now Oda mentioned Edward Teach the real life Blackbeard is his fav pirate.
It's 101% certain that both will clash each other, and definitely Shanks (Oda) will lose or on the verge of losing/killed but the mc would help him as a pay back for Shanks helping Luffy in several occassion in his journey.......
Successfully granting the promise between both that
The boy is not only worthy to give back the strawhat but already strong enough to carry Shanks when they meet :))