Theory Shanks will be a conqueror of conquerors. Why Kid will join the RHP.

In One Piece, the strongest conquerors are those who have multiple conquerors beneath them. Just look at:
  • Roger
    • Rayleigh
    • Oden
    • Shanks
  • Xebec
    • WB
    • Kaido
    • BM
  • WB
    • Oden
    • Ace

All of the legendary pirate have not just one conqueror under them. They have multiple. I think this is an important distinction because Kaido, BM, and post wano Luffy all have a single conqueror under them: Doffy, Katakuri, and Zoro. Yet neither of them are elevated to the level of the above 3.

That brings us to Shanks. I believe that as a major contender for One Piece and basically the Roger of the mid generation, Shanks should have multiple conquerors beneath him. Specifically, I believe those conquerors are:
  • Ben Beckman
  • Eustass Kid
While Beckman being a conqueror is a common theory, Kid being a RHP definitely isn't. That will be the topic of this thread.

I have two major reasonings behind this theory:
  1. to re-emphasize Shanks's portrayal as the Roger of his generation
  2. to re-emphasize Kid's portrayal as a failed version of Luffy

1. Shanks's portrayal

Shanks is the Roger of the mid generation. There is no question about that. Amongst all of the yonko, none bar WB have ever received hype on the level of Shanks's. Even look at Kaido. Shanks has barely had any screen time and his haki feats already seem much more impressive than Kaido's.
  • The wi-fi haki he used on GB
  • The future sight against Kid
  • The fact he matched WB in an ACoC clash, the same WB who matched Roger
Also look at other things he did:
  • Inherited the straw hat
  • inspired Luffy to be pirate king
  • ended the marineford war
  • Spoke to the gorosei in mariejois
In chapter 1079, Oda put Shanks above Big Mom by having him easily one shot a man Linlin 1v2ed in an extreme diff fight. You can cope about "PlS" all you want, in terms of manga canon, Shanks disposed of Kid MUCH easier than BM would have.

I believe that by destroying Kid's will and causing him to join the RHP, Oda will put Shanks above Kaido as well. As we know, Kaido also defeated Kid, tortured him, and tried to break Kid's will. However he was never successful. He was also unsuccessful at taming Yamato and Luffy. The only conqueror he ever got to submit to him was Doffy and its unclear to what degree Doffy even followed him, as on paper, he wasn't a beast pirate.

If Shanks is successful on the other hand, it will show that he is one of the greatest conquerors. By doing this, Oda will be raising the stakes. The new opponents that Luffy is going up against, Shanks and Teach, are on a different level from the old gen yonko that were just defeated in wano. This will show that despite beating Kaido, Luffy is still the underdog in the race for One Piece, creating a more compelling narrative.

Also, if Kid, a 3 billion berry pirate, joins the RHP, it would undeniably boost Shanks's bounty, likely to the 5 billions. Again, this would indicate an increase in stakes and would re-affirm Shanks's portrayal.

2. Kid's portrayal
Kid is a failed version of Luffy. He was very obviously introduced with many similarities to Luffy. However while some took these similarities to mean that he was some sort of major rival of Luffy's, its now very clear that his similarities to Luffy exist to emphasize his role as a failed version of Luffy's.

One thing many people were able to pick up on with the end of chapter 1079, is that this scenario perfectly mirrors the experience Luffy went through at sabaody. In both instances, Luffy and Kid were crushed. However, as we established, Kid isn't Luffy, he is a failed version of Luffy.

Luffy took a massive loss in Sabaody, Impel Down, and Marineford. This loss effected him so much that for the first time in the series, Luffy nearly lost resolve to become King of the Pirates. However, the thing that ultimately saved him was the fact that he still had his crew.

I think that the most logical route for Oda to take Kid's character would be for him to experience the same thing as Luffy, but to not have the support of his crew and ultimately lose his will to become Pirate King. What I think will happen is that Killer died in 1079. This is Kid's equivalent to Ace's death. However, I think in addition to this, his remaining crew will either have also perished, or will abandon him due to his recklessness and weakness. I believe this will ultimately cause Kid to lose his will to become pirate king.

What will he do from there? Well after sabaody and marineford, the SHs had a 2 year timeskip where they momentarily put aside their ambitions to train and become stronger.

I believe Kid will have a paralleled, but very different experience. Kid will lay down his dream of becoming pirate king for good, deciding instead to follow Shanks with the ultimate goal of surpassing him and killing him. Shanks will offer to teach Kid the advanced versions of haki, allowing Kid to become stronger and get closer to his goal of killing shanks. In return for this, Shanks will require that Kid follow him as a subordinate until he is capable of defeating him.

Ultimately, in contrast to Luffy overcoming his grief and momentarily putting aside pursuing PK in order to train, Kid will be overcome by his grief. So much so that it will overshadow his ambitions for PK. Kid's only goal post 1079 will be to avenge Killer and kill Shanks. The only way he will be able to proceed is by resigning his PK ambitions to Shanks, becoming a RHP, and accepting Shanks's training. This will complete Kid's arc as a failed version of Luffy and ultimately re-affirm why the SHs are so important to Luffy's goal of becoming PK.

Shanks's endgame
But why would Shanks do this? Why would he accept someone as violent as Kid, who he knows hates him and wants him dead?

I think Kid will be a pawn in Shanks's larger game to become PK. After having crushed his will and destroyed his dreams, Shanks will use Kid as a weapon against Teach, Luffy, and Buggy in order to further his own interests. I think Kid would be very useful to Shanks under this circumstance. Look at Shanks's archenemy, Teach.

Teach has 10 commanders:
  1. Burgess
  2. Shiryu
  3. Laffite
  4. Van Augur
  5. Avalo Pizarro
  6. Catarina Devon
  7. Sanjuan Wolf
  8. Vasco Shot
  9. Doc Q (and Stronger)
  10. 10th commander
Aokiji may be the 10th commander, he may also be a traitor.

Now look at the RHP commanders:
  1. Ben Beckman
  2. Lucky Roo
  3. Yasopp
  4. Limejuice
  5. Bonk Punch(and Monster)
  6. Building Snake
  7. Hongo
  8. Gab
Monster is technically a senior officer in his own right, but he fights alongside Bonk Punch and hence, imo he's just the Stronger of the RHP until shown otherwise. You can include him as the 9th commander of the RHP, or not. Regardless, the BBP still have more commanders than the RHP and we've been told that outside of beckman and the senior officers, the rest of the RHP are basically fodder.

Kid would offer the RHP something similar to what Aokiji offers Teach. He would be a massive powerhouse of less than good intentions that Shanks would keep on a leash. With advanced haki training, Kid would even be able to match Aokiji in power, thereby closing the gap between the RHP and BBP.

Anyways that's the theory, hope y'all enjoyed it.

Luffy didn't join the navy after Akainu crushed him. Kid will indeed fight Kuzan, but as an ally of the BBP. Saul is alive, on Elbaf. Kuzan will reunite with his old friend and fight for the RHP.

• Roger
    • Rayleigh
    • Oden
    • Shanks
  • Xebec
    • WB
    • Kaido
    • BM
  • WB
    • Oden
    • Ace
This list is waste. I have said it multiples times.

Roger only had "Rayleigh" under his wings that's it.
Shanks wasn't even CoC user back then. Oden joined temporarily and goes in WB situation. Counting Oden is like counting Yamato at this point.

Xebec crew is an example but that became their downfall , bigmam clearly stated in Kaido flashback that they must have started fighting each other again.

Bigmam only had Kata.
Kaido had none.
Shanks has none (As of now)
Roger had Rayleigh
WB (had Ace but dude is dead)
Luffy has Zoro.

Zoro being coc also Is another consideration of Zoro don't see luffy as Someone Superior to him rather just a friend. A loyal friend. He has no interest in being a captain (Mihawk parallel).

Kidd joining Shanks makes no sense at all.

This theory makes zero sense. When kaido first landed Kidd/Killer had the option of joining kaido's crew. Instead both decided to fight to the death, rather than submit to kaido. And now you are telling me after having his crew destroyed, his ship destroyed and his poneglyphs taken hes going to join shanks??? How does this make any sense at all?

Kidd isn't a failed version of Luffy. He is just another SN that Oda created in Sabaody and gave him some panel time in NW just like the others.
But he isn’t an important character and he is certainly not a mirror to what Luffy could have been.

it would be fascinating development if the kid joined teh rhp.
wildly fascinating.
would speak volumes of shanksmon.
not really sure it's an L for the kid cause shanksmon would have to see something in him to put him on the main ship, and he's guaranteed to be hundredfold more competent next time he's seen.

This list is waste. I have said it multiples times.

Roger only had "Rayleigh" under his wings that's it.
Shanks wasn't even CoC user back then. Oden joined temporarily and goes in WB situation. Counting Oden is like counting Yamato at this point.
no, Oden was a full fledged Roger pirate. He went to Laugh Tale with them.

no, Oden was a full fledged Roger pirate. He went to Laugh Tale with them.
What sort of copium is this.
If Law join luffy in final voyage to know the history.
Will you call Law a straw hat?
Oden just wanted to wander around. He never was a full fledged member of either of the crew.
Its like having momo over Strawhats ship or Caeser clown over the ship.

This theory makes zero sense. When kaido first landed Kidd/Killer had the option of joining kaido's crew. Instead both decided to fight to the death, rather than submit to kaido. And now you are telling me after having his crew destroyed, his ship destroyed and his poneglyphs taken hes going to join shanks??? How does this make any sense at all?
Kaido couldn't conquer him. If shanks does, it would showcase Shanks as a superior conqueror to Kaido. On the level of Roger, WB, and Xebec.

Doing so would raise the stakes of the story and would re-position Luffy as the underdog again. This is something that needs to happen, as Luffy seemingly just defeated the WSC.
Post automatically merged:

What sort of copium is this.
If Law join luffy in final voyage to know the history.
Will you call Law a straw hat?
Oden just wanted to wander around. He never was a full fledged member of either of the crew.
Its like having momo over Strawhats ship or Caeser clown over the ship.
Oden was with Roger for his entire final year journey to find Laugh Tale, up to the point where Roger found OP. He was a Roger pirate.
Oden was also a WB pirate. WB considered him his brother and he was the 2nd division commander on the WBP.

He was both a Roger and WB pirate. This is literally canon.

An not only goes completely against his character. But also would irreparably damage it Beyond repair.​
What do you mean by this?
The purpose of Kid's character is to fail. His goal was to find One Piece, but from the start we knew he never would. His character is defined by a series of losses.
  • lost his arm to beckman
  • captured by kaido
  • destroyed by shanks
The final conclusion of this character arc is for Kid to ultimately lose his will to be PK and submit to the yonko.

Did Moria joined Kaido after he clapped him in the NW?No

Neither will Kidd do the same
What moria did was even more pathetic. He ran from the NW.

So did Crocodile after he got clapped by WB.Whats the difference?
Moria probably died or got killed by Teach
Crocodile joined with Mihawk and Buggy

Ultimately the only way characters like this, people who aren't yonko tier, can survive in the NW is by joining stronger people.

Kid isn't a yonko, he's not going to be PK. Either he dies, leaves the NW, or he joins a yonko crew. imo the last option would be the best, writing wise, as it allows Kid to still be somewhat relevant, thereby not completely throwing away his character.

Kaido couldn't conquer him. If shanks does, it would showcase Shanks as a superior conqueror to Kaido. On the level of Roger, WB, and Xebec.

Doing so would raise the stakes of the story and would re-position Luffy as the underdog again. This is something that needs to happen, as Luffy seemingly just defeated the WSC.
Don't see how it would raise any stakes. People are already having that arguement about shanks vs kaido/bigmom etc... after this most recent chapter. Kidd becoming an underling to shanks wouldn't really do much. And as others have said it would ruin Kidd's character completely. Kidd's whole character is about someone that fights not matter the odds and doesn't give up. And after gear 5, don't really ever see luffy being in an underdog situation unless hes outnumbered or fighting someone reserved at final eos(imu).

I coulda sworn OP was a Kid fan as well?
Every week we get a Kid fan dreaming up more L's for Kid
Y'all doing Oda's job :kobeha:
I like the character, but I'm not blind.

Kid is a fake rival who consistently loses. His purpose is literally to look bad so Luffy looks good.

Don't see how it would raise any stakes. People are already having that arguement about shanks vs kaido/bigmom etc... after this most recent chapter. Kidd becoming an underling to shanks wouldn't really do much.
It would put Shanks on a different tier from Kaido and BM. None of them were able to conquer someone with a 3 billion berry bounty.
Teach was able to do that with Kuzan(who's worth at least 3 bil if not more).

Kidd's whole character is about someone that fights not matter the odds and doesn't give up.
Kid isn't Luffy. He's not supposed to be PK.

Luffy's will was nearly broken after Ace died. Kid's will being broken by the loss of his crew makes complete sense.

The best possible development Kid can get is him simply accepting he will never be PK and joining the RHP so that he can learn advanced haki and maybe one day surpass Shanks and avenge his crew.

The thing the crew learned in Sabaody/MF was to put their pride aside for the sake of their dreams. You had Zoro begging Mihawk to train him. Luffy forsaking the new world for 2 years while most of the other supernova went ahead and made the journey.

This is the same lesson Kid needs to learn now, except at this point, becoming PK isn't even remotely a possibility for him anymore.

Last edited: