Discussion Power Shigaraki's power up explained

So in this chapter we got confirmation that Ujiko will give Shigaraki some sort of power up based off research he did for all for one. What is this power? Well Ujiko never really specified however due to him mentioning all for one and one for all, many people are theorizing that Ujiko is going to give Shigaraki some sort of quirk. Perhaps he will give shigaraki a synthetic version of all for one or one for all, but this doesn't make sense.

All for One(the character) is still alive and it doesn't make sense for him not to see shigaraki again. If Shigaraki will get all for one he should get it from the man himself and not some lab created synthetic, especially due to the bond shigaraki and AFO have. In addition, I doesn't make sense for Shigaraki to get one for all. OFA is a hero's quirk and the wills of the heroes live with OFA. Frankly if Shigaraki gained OFA, there is a huge chance that none of the previous users would lend him their powers. In addition, we know that OFA's power is based off accumulation so the only way that Shigaraki can actually utilize OFA's power is if he forcibly becomes the next successor by stealing it from Izuku.

This is probably what Ujiko was getting into. He wasn't stating that he would give Shigaraki OFA, just that after Shigaraki goes under this treatment, he will be able to take OFA himself. This likely has to do with OFA's memory. Its very possible that the reason why AFO was never able to steal OFA was because OFA took too much memory and that it is impossible for a normal human to wield OFA and AFO at the same time due to this.

I think the treatment wont actually give shigaraki a new quirk, but vastly increase his body's ability to handle quirks. Increase his hardware so to speak. This was Ujiko's research essentially. The nomou's had their bodies manipulated so that they could take in multiple quirks, shigaraki will essentially become the final result of this research.

his body's ability to handle quirks will far surpass All for one, gigantomachia, or any of the normal or high end Noumu's abilities.

What is the benefit of this? Well once he inevitably receives all for one from AFO, this would make him far more of a threat than AFO could have ever been as he would have the ability to steal OFA(this would force Izuku to flee Japan) and would be able to hold more quirks than AFO. But beyond that, more memory means that Shigaraki's quirks can mutate more.

His quirks can take up more memory because he has more memory. This would lead to him reaching new heights with his destruction abilities, with him being able to casually level cities with a motion of his hand.

anyways leave your thoughts in the comments below

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I agree with you that Tomura won't receive AOF or OFA. It won't make very much sense to give him that now because AOF is still alive and OFA doesn't really match.

But I do think that he will receive a quirk or improvements to help his body to be stronger and more durable/stamina.

We saw that Tomura's body is in pieces so it can really help him to use his destructive quirk without restrain, to be even faster and more durable. Because Tomura is indeed strong but he has a "normal" body and it is quite the weakness.

With a strong body he will be all around a lot stronger.

I agree with you that Tomura won't receive AOF or OFA. It won't make very much sense to give him that now because AOF is still alive and OFA doesn't really match.

But I do think that he will receive a quirk or improvements to help his body to be stronger and more durable/stamina.

We saw that Tomura's body is in pieces so it can really help him to use his destructive quirk without restrain, to be even faster and more durable. Because Tomura is indeed strong but he has a "normal" body and it is quite the weakness.

With a strong body he will be all around a lot stronger.
yeah so it was somewhat hinted that adverse effects of quirk usage are the result of human bodies not being able to handle the complexity of the current generation of quirks.

This means that Shigaraki's upgrade should make him immune to such adverse affects.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
yeah so it was somewhat hinted that adverse effects of quirk usage are the result of human bodies not being able to handle the complexity of the current generation of quirks.

This means that Shigaraki's upgrade should make him immune to such adverse affects.
The singularity of quirks is still quite mysterious but yeah if they begin to be more powerful they are also more dangerous for the users and people around. And we know that quirk are at the same time a bless and a curse in MHA world, if quirks become more and more powerful it will put the world at his knees.
I agree I think Tomura will remove the shackles of his quirk and will also make his body strong enough to handle it.

I admit that I don't want tomura to have AFO quirk. With an insane body and destruction quirk he is quite OP already. The same way I didn't want Deku to have numerous quirks.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I admit I didn't see it coming that AFO gave it freely while being alive his quirk to Shiggy.

I always consider the possibility that Shiggy will receive AFO one day (even if I didn't like that) but I didn't think it will be that early and that AFO gave it that way.

I’m pretty sure Endeavor at least questioned if he had regeneration or not since he stood up against one of his big attacks, if he doesn’t then he got a huge stamina boost.