Strategy games (RTS)

Im one of biggest fans of RTS(real time strategy) games, time of golden age of it was over many years ago and currently is barely even played, so i wanted to create thread where we can discuss about it,
Some of RTS
Stronghold (all strongholds) with Stronghold crusader
Wacraft 3
Rise of Nations
Total wars
Age of mythology
Batlle for midlle Earth 2
But i Wana play multiplayer but i can't find Any way (i downloaded Bfme2 and tried on game ranger but couldn't play) stronghold crusader also but it was very hard to find Match, then i restarted pc and it wasn't saved, so can you guys help me:
1.where to download it
2.wheee to play multiplayer
3.and which community is very active?

Z
Despite Warcraft 3 Reforged being a failure, it brought back a lot of life into the community, and there's been a lot of tournaments and top players making a return, I recommend checking that out.

Age of Empires 2 released a Definite Edition, very cheap and lots of amazing updates to the game, community is going strong, check that out as well.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
I was a huge strategy games player but I got bored with this a little.

The community was too small for me.

How is it now?

I'm a fan of the genre too. Started with the legendary AOE2 then I had stronghold, warcraft 3, even starcraft 1 and 2. Ago of mythology, played that a lot. Now imonthere are some good ones even if they are 4x and not exactly RTS: Stellaris is majestic then Rome imperator too (from Paradox too), also Anno1404 even if that may be considered as a gestional. Then total war but that is turn based so no real time strategy. Anyway I'm for sure a fan lol

Age of Empires II Remastered edition has been a huge hit and they've seen a huge rise in popularity and activity in the game. I'm really hoping they remaster Age of Empires III next. I'm right there with all of you guys though, I'm a big fan of RTS games. I've been trying to get my friend to get Three Kingdoms, which has been a lot of fun with their adjustments to the game play mechanics.

Z
Wc3 Is my most played game of all time.
Which race? I always played human, love how easy it is to fast expand with them. Also using Slow + Storm Bolt + surround = dead hero literally every time. Well unless they use some staff/town portal bullshit...

Never was able to play well with the other three races, it just never "clicked" for me if that makes sense. Felt uncomfortable ever playing as them. Only played the other races a few times to quickly learn their tech tree so I could counter them as Human lmao.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
I was a huge fan of that genre but sadly it is not really liked anymore. The World of warcraft and other league of legends or Fortnite are more popular now.

Age of Empire 1 is a classic. (the cheat code were the best : nuclear trooper forever).
Rise of nation : Rise of legends was coo too.

I love Armies of Exigo too but it is a lot less known.

Age of Empire 4 will be likely released next year I am quite sure that I will buy it.

Battle for Middle earth 1, 2 and rise of the witch king are classics
yeah the 3 games are awesome, creating heroes was fun.

N

NeutralWatcher

Age of Empire series is the best.

There is also underrated game Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown.

Dynasty Warriors Empire series where you recruit allies and conquer your competitors territories.
Post automatically merged:

Romance of Three Kingdoms series are also iconic and has nice storyline.