Manga Discussion The Best Underrated Material Database

Hi guys, I felt the need to make a thread for those looking to find new reading material, as recommended by other WorstGen members. The idea is to compile and profile lesser known Manga/Manhwa/Webcomics etc. that are overall very good content with the idea that any reader can find a plethora of different series here, and choose their next readings based upon the answers they find in this thread. We had a somewhat similar concept on OroJackson before, whereby a section was dedicated to users posting their own series' and thoughts.

I'd like to start this by saying anything posted should be Uniform, and with copyright laws being constantly updated, for future safety, we must be very concise about publisher, comic and artist details etc.

I'll start by introducing the forum to this masterpiece, but i will add more over time as I continue reading more niche material.
1. Bastard
Publisher: Naver, LINE Webtoon
Writer: Hwang Young Chan
Artist: Kim Han Bi
Chapters total: 94 (chapter 0-93)
Update status: completed
Format: Manhwa Webcomic
Genre: Thriller, Drama, Romance, Psychological
Synopsis: Jin Seon is a shy kid with physical defects, often bullied at school and friendless; he is a lonely existence. This is not because he can't fit in. In fact, it's the opposite: he does this to distance people from his father. A serial killer, to whom he is his unwilling accomplice. Soon, Jin finds himself using his insider knowledge to protect a transfer student, a girl named Kyun Yoon, from his killer father. A battle of wits and political frolicking, this series is perfect for anybody who enjoys series with darker and more complex tendencies. The dark tone of this series and art style are a perfect marriage for the genre. This story is full of incredible twists and turns, unexpected events and has one of the most satisfying and justifying endings I have ever read. To put it simply, it is a unique spin and perspective change on a similar, albeit far more believable, type of story as Death Note. Though it isn't a battle between law enforcement and a killer, but a family feud with far greater complexity and minutia.
Post automatically merged:

2. Jujutsu Kaisen
Publisher: Shueisha
Writer: Gege Hakutami
Artist: Gege Hakutami
Chapters total: 79+ (short 0 to 78 ongoing)
Update status: ongoing
Format: Manga
Genre: Thriller, Drama, Psychological, Battle, Fantasy
Synopsis: A kid named Yuuji Itadori, with an innate talent for athletics, would rather spend his time at the occult research club at school, than put his talents to more productive uses. Sadly for him, he can't escape the use of his talents: fighting curses. These creatures of occult nature are a threat to all around him. Yuuji is posessed by a powerful curse, and constantly treads the line between elimination from other sorcerers who fight Curses, and fighting other Curses himself. It's basically soul eater but not overrated garbage, mixed with berserk and bleach, but not absolutely shit.

Last edited: