Controversial The "fall" of the Straw Hats on Egghead.

Oda is not going to make the Straw Hat crew, a Yonko crew, and then have them fall in their first outing as one of the four most powerful Pirate Crews in the World. Then, turn around and make them the most powerful Pirate Crew in the World when Luffy becomes Pirate King a couple arcs later. They have been getting built up to take the mantle of the next Pirate King crew. Having them fall on Egghead, so close to EoS, after building them so far up, would be so counterproductive, he might as well send them back to the Twin Capes and have them start the grandline over.

Wow, Luffy sure is dominating the situation.

Bruh Gear 5 Luffy with Future Sight couldn't protect Sentomaru, then promised Sentomaru he'd protect Vegapunk, then let Vegapunk get killed in front of him.

This was after York killed two Satellites. Considering York is evil, and an enemy now, that means we've lost three of the Vegapunks we're supposed to take off the island, with two others (Atlas and Lilith) in very dangerous situations.

Luffy has only succeeded in combat this arc. He and the Straw Hats have failed everywhere else.

Luffy would have died without being given food by either Caribou or Augur, Zoro's Chia-Pet looking Mug is getting stalled by Lucci, Sanji bragged to Kizaru just to get bodied a chapter later, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ODA WHERE IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK IS JINBEI, Robin's unconscious, Franky is arguing with Giants for no reasons while failing to babysit Bonney, Brook is about to crash into a laser grid, and Usopp, Nami, and Chopper have just dedicated themselves to being as useless as god damn possible in this arc.

Half of the scientists they were supposed to take off the island is dead, and now they're trapped in a Buster Call while their captain is surrounded by five angry immortal racist spawns of satan with magical evil powers.

THE DUDE WE'RE SUPPOSED TO SAVE JUST DIED AFTER GETTING STABBED THROUGH THE CHEST BY TWO DIFFERENT ENEMIES, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU READING BRO, WE'RE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Luffy is winning fights and losing everywhere else in this arc.
I see you've grasped the essence; after all, that's why I initiated the topic.

Why divert from the real issues and genuine questions that will truly influence how people judge the story with such 'directly provocative,' 'favoring one fan group while provoking the other' statements? Of course, I apologize if you're impartial and only speaking from a rational standpoint.

Certainly, by 'dominance of the situation,' I specifically meant it in terms of fight. Yes, Sentomaru was injured, you're right, he's so significant to the story that one can derive from him how successful or unsuccessful the narrative has been.

The circumstances of Vegapunk's death are indeed objectionable, but it didn't happen because they couldn't have adequately protected him, it's simply Oda's bullshit that Vegapunk is almost having a tea party he is with the two people who would carry out his murder.
Vegapunk's death was predictable, of course, when it comes to death, it's impossible to know who really died and who faked it. If he's dead, that means Oda wanted him dead, not how incompetent the Straw Hats are for not being able to protect him.

I don't really understand Sanji and Zoro's fuckup either, but here again there is a huge problem with your attitude: the problem here is not that Zoro is fuckup, but why he is fuckup and against whom, why it is necessary. I have a specific problem with this, because yes, I think he didn't get a tough opponent against whom this would be justified. Yes, the problem with Sanji is that he got a cool moment against Kizaru, but it was downplayed. But why? And this is where the real problem comes in, that Oda usually only puts Luffy and almost always Luffy in the spotlight, even though we know how much he loves Zoro. And this applies not only to the Straw Hats, but also to everyone else. Yes, that's when the very clever arguments come that Luffy is the main hero, because that explains the problem, of course.

I really only have one question: Are you saying that the Straw Hats will lose? I mean, also in terms of combat, or does the Gorosei prevent everything, and the Straw Hats continue to travel to Elbaf without success?

I accept if you think that way, but I don't think it's a positive thing, and in fact it's a very big mistake.

Last edited:

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
I see you've grasped the essence; after all, that's why I initiated the topic.

Why divert from the real issues and genuine questions that will truly influence how people judge the story with such 'directly provocative,' 'favoring one fan group while provoking the other' statements? Of course, I apologize if you're impartial and only speaking from a rational standpoint.

Certainly, by 'dominance of the situation,' I specifically meant it in terms of fight. Yes, Sentomaru was injured, you're right, he's so significant to the story that one can derive from him how successful or unsuccessful the narrative has been.

The circumstances of Vegapunk's death are indeed objectionable, but it didn't happen because they couldn't have adequately protected him, it's simply Oda's bullshit that Vegapunk is almost having a tea party he is with the two people who would carry out his murder.
Vegapunk's death was predictable, of course, when it comes to death, it's impossible to know who really died and who faked it. If he's dead, that means Oda wanted him dead, not how incompetent the Straw Hats are for not being able to protect him.

I don't really understand Sanji and Zoro's fuckup either, but here again there is a huge problem with your attitude: the problem here is not that Zoro is fuckup, but why he is fuckup and against whom, why it is necessary. I have a specific problem with this, because yes, I think he didn't get a tough opponent against whom this would be justified. Yes, the problem with Sanji is that he got a cool moment against Kizaru, but it was downplayed. But why? And this is where the real problem comes in, that Oda usually only puts Luffy and almost always Luffy in the spotlight, even though we know how much he loves Zoro. And this applies not only to the Straw Hats, but also to everyone else. Yes, that's when the very clever arguments come that Luffy is the main hero, because that explains the problem, of course.

I really only have one question: Are you saying that the Straw Hats will lose? I mean, also in terms of combat, or does the Gorosei prevent everything, and the Straw Hats continue to travel to Elbaf without success?

I accept if you think that way, but I don't think it's a positive thing, and in fact it's a very big mistake.
I'm kind of impartial?

I'm fine with Zoro's treatment with Lucci on some levels, Lucci needed some legitimate hype, but Sanji's treatment in Kamabakka Kingdom and PostTimeSkip has disappointed me a lot, not just in terms of combat, but in terms of Sanji regressing in terms of his behavior towards women.

In terms of the Straw Hat's success, I'm looking purely at Luffy's goals in the narrative. His goal was to escape with his crew and the Vegapunks alive, and he's failed.

I don't think the Straw Hats will lose here in terms of losing their own crew, but will lose in terms of their original goal, getting the Stella and Satellites off the island alive.

I believe the arc will end with Egghead exploding, Kuma teleporting everyone but the Gorosei off, and the world believing everyone died until Kuma's Paw Paw Bubble touch down a few days later. SO, for a few days, everyone will think the Straw Hats lost, but they really just got sent to islands in the New World to regroup soon.

So, kind of a bitter victory, I guess?

I think the Gorosei will kill the Stella, but he'll survive through technology, Edison and Atlas will die, Lilith goes to NEO MADS since she's Evil and fits right in, York goes to the Celestial Dragons like she wanted, and the Straw Hats go to Wano and Elbaf for Pluton and to set up Elbaf.

I'm kind of impartial?

I'm fine with Zoro's treatment with Lucci on some levels, Lucci needed some legitimate hype, but Sanji's treatment in Kamabakka Kingdom and PostTimeSkip has disappointed me a lot, not just in terms of combat, but in terms of Sanji regressing in terms of his behavior towards women.

In terms of the Straw Hat's success, I'm looking purely at Luffy's goals in the narrative. His goal was to escape with his crew and the Vegapunks alive, and he's failed.

I don't think the Straw Hats will lose here in terms of losing their own crew, but will lose in terms of their original goal, getting the Stella and Satellites off the island alive.

I believe the arc will end with Egghead exploding, Kuma teleporting everyone but the Gorosei off, and the world believing everyone died until Kuma's Paw Paw Bubble touch down a few days later. SO, for a few days, everyone will think the Straw Hats lost, but they really just got sent to islands in the New World to regroup soon.

So, kind of a bitter victory, I guess?

I think the Gorosei will kill the Stella, but he'll survive through technology, Edison and Atlas will die, Lilith goes to NEO MADS since she's Evil and fits right in, York goes to the Celestial Dragons like she wanted, and the Straw Hats go to Wano and Elbaf for Pluton and to set up Elbaf.
Maybe Lucci needs a little hype too, but it shouldn't happen in such a way that Zoro is pushed into the background so much. Especially after Wano. This is also the problem with Sanji, that against Queen he awakened very strong abilities, among other things he had his speed, so I would have been especially curious to see what he would do against Kizaru, but he didn't get a chance to do that, because he had to throw it again for Luffy.

The problem is, the way the story progressed, the goals did change: to protect Labophase until Vegapunk's video message reaches the world. If it's only halfway successful, it's successful. Besides, I have a feeling, that it wasn't for nothing that he emphasized that it was a VIDEO message, I think it might even have an important role, for example, to show the whole world who really make up the Gorosei, what kind of monsters they are.

And at the same time, I also think that Gorosei's goals have also changed: They can screw the Mother Flame and Vegapunk's research if the secret (or only certain parts of the secret) for which they wanted to kill Vegapunk reaches the people. Therefore, their primary goal and their most important goal is to prevent this from happening.

10 minutes. This is an important detail. That will decide everything. This is where the irony of the entire story arc comes into play: They manage to kill Vegapunk and even all of his satellites, but what they had to kill him for ends up being revealed to the world anyway.

So from this point of view, the Straw Hats didn't lose anything at all, of course Vegapunk was a good friend, but let's allow the story to have a little consequence sometimes.

If you think about it, it shows the danger of the Straw Hats and the failure of the World Government that all the members of the Gorosei had to show up. This has never been done before, and I don't think they really wanted it either.

By the way, if Vegapunk is dead, then die properly. If he survives through his technology, then he's not really dead, and then it really wasn't the Straw Hats who failed, but the World Government.

No matter how the story arc ends, I think it clearly has to happen this way, otherwise if Oda baits again and nothing comes out of the whore, then screw himself. Announcing in the Final Saga that rough things will be revealed here, and then not, is already very tiring and annoying. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if, after the story arc, Luffy gets the biggest bounty among the pirates. Even after Wano, he should have received much more, but there we know that the World Government had a reason why he only received that much.

Can people really imagine and believe that the Straw Hats will be defeated here on Egghead? After so many chapters in which they clearly dominated the situation, especially Luffy?
I see videos from more and more theory makers on Youtube with titles like Egghead will be a bigger downfall for the Straw Hats than Sabaody or Marineford for Luffy.
Is this just the effect of clickbait and unnecessary sensationalism, or are people really that stupid?
I think they will run away but yes they lose there . Luffy cant do nothign to 1 gorosei for now now 4 more arrive and Kizaru is still kicking and a dangerous foe in fact I see him as the dark horse off heag head everything will happen in the end based on his choice and action . Luffy will get some massive help to be able to escape egg head .
Post automatically merged:

The only fight Luffy won for now is lucci and a small win .
Other then that luffy or any straw hats are not winning anything . Landing shots is not winning .
Zoro did not defeated Lucci for now .
Luffy didint defeated Saturn or Kizaru and now more big players come in play . It do not look good .
Looks like they defeated the seraphim with vegapunk bubles . So far this is a terrible look for straw hats . Luffy is not able to get anyone down for good they always get up .

Last edited: