G

Gorosei Informer

An island of strange beasts too.

Yet people call stuff like this, Thriller Bark, Skypeia, Foxys arc etc as filler. They really think Oda doesn't have a long term, significant purpose for them that we're totally not aware of yet? That he would draw actual filler arcs or do these arcs/panels/storylines/ideas by "accident" or just for the hell of it?

Everything Oda does is intentional and with purpose, even if we don't know why yet.

Gaimons full name is still unknown btw!
:doffyou::pepebusi::pepebuggy::beanmean:

An island of strange beasts too.

Yet people call stuff like this, Thriller Bark, Skypeia, Foxys arc etc as filler. They really think Oda doesn't have a long term, significant purpose for them that we're totally not aware of yet? That he would draw actual filler arcs or do these arcs/panels/storylines/ideas by "accident" or just for the hell of it?

Everything Oda does is intentional and with purpose, even if we don't know why yet.

Gaimons full name is still unknown btw!
:doffyou::pepebusi::pepebuggy::beanmean:
Ok where is Sanji's twin gone?

G

Gorosei Informer

Ok where is Sanji's twin gone?
If you mean Duval, he was unironic foreshadowing of Sanjis backstory, the "man in the iron mask" who was ostracised for reasons he could not help lol. Sanji is also based on the "Ugly Duckling" story who turns into a black swan in some versions IIRC and Duval was famous due to his unfortunate ugliness and resemblance to Sanji, being his ugly, "evil twin".

Duval will return by EOS for the final war I'm sure, Luffy is gonna have the BIGGEST army of allies by EOS, something like that infamous scene from Avengers Endgame but in One Piece. He's already an ally now like Bellamy is too for example ofc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/4ugeed

Hey everyone! I've seen a couple comments here and there relating Sanji's childhood imprisonment to the Man in the Iron Mask story, but no concrete theories about what this could mean, so I have a few thoughts on it.
Though based on a real prisoner in the late 1600's who Louis XIV forced to always wear a velvet mask to hide his identity and who was made to serve other prisoners, one of the most popular versions of the story is that of Alexandre Dumas, translated into a film in 1998. The prisoner, now shown wearing an iron mask, was Louis XIV's twin brother who was locked away to avoid complications in Louis rise to power as king. However, after his reveal as Louis' brother, the twin proved to be the kinder and more effective ruler who took over in his Louis' place as King.
Tying this to the Vinsmokes, the story of the man in the iron mask comes with a number of similarities in all of its forms to Sanji's background and story, but most especially to his connection as a quadruplet in the Vinsmoke family. The kinder of his brothers, willing to serve others and help those in need, Sanji gets locked away wearing an iron mask. I believe that, if his story does link to that of the man in the iron mask, this could lead to him eventually becoming the true heir of the Vinsmoke family, overtaking his brothers in power and defeating his father by the end of the Whole Cake arc. We have already seen that he disagrees with his family's actions and dislikes them on a deeply personal level, and with the Vinsmokes rising as a major antagonist of the Whole Cake Island arc, he will need to face them eventually. While Sanji wouldn't want the position as head of the family, he would be the one recognized by the World Government and, with the Vinsmokes invited to Reverie, it would gain him an invitation to the World Council, essentially giving the Strawhats a way in as well.
A few side points to add extra connections and ideas:
"Iron Mask" Duval was initially introduced as a man wearing an iron mask so that others wouldn't recognize him as Sanji.
The Vinsmoke family already has some fairly strong French connections, Sanji especially.
In becoming the head of the Vinsmoke family, Sanji would also have control of the Germa 66, granting the Strawhats more allies in their eventual fight against the World Government. This could be especially useful as Germa 66 already has a historic connection to fighting the Marines.

TL;DR: Sanji's childhood is a parallel to The Man in the Iron Mask and at the end of Whole Cake Island, he will take his place as the head of the Vinsmoke family, gaining him and the Strawhats an invitation to Reverie, thus giving them a reason to go.

It's probably nothing too but Brook had the most hilarious reaction upon seeing Sanjis much uglier doppleganger in Duval and Sanjis "plastic surgery move" on Duval also foreshadowed what his family can do due to Judge's modifications, especially when Yonji had his face restructured/reshaped after Sanji fucked it up ofc lol.
Brook barely knew Sanji at that point but he had the strongest reaction to the Duval thing, kinda odd imo. But probably nothing indeed, I'm probs overthinking it.
Brook did drop casually that he knew of Germa and thus the Vinsmokes I'm sure back at WCI though and Oda never elaborated on how or why either. Brook is from West Blue but served as a convoy for some kingdom apparently, was not exactly "fond" of Germa and Oda gave him a LOT of shine in WCI, Sanjis personal arc too, aside from Baratie his origin arc ofc.

We also got actual "twins" of Sanji, identical siblings/genetic doppelgangers or w/e with the reveal of his identical brothers and sister too at WCI ofc.

G

Gorosei Informer

This was likely made as a joke. But what if BB is Usopp's uncle or related?

BB lied about his will of the D and look where it got him forcing fate. Maybe BB is darkside Usopp from the future.
I've suspected they're both Marshalls. Yasopp's and Banchina's surnames are unknown. Oda said Blackbeard would be from Somalia and Usopp from an unspecified part of Africa too. Definitely not a coincidence, especially as Somalia is part of Africa too.

Marshall can relate to cowboys/wild west/gunslingers or w/e too ofc, Sheriffs, Deputies, Marshalls etc and I had the headcanon either BB or Shanks would have a Sheriff with either Shanks or Blackbeard and their deputies with their top commanders or first mates only at least and so on. Maybe enforces or something for the rest? Lafitte was a sheriff too IIRC?

@Moewu @Rottkins @CoC: Color of Clowns thoughts?

I never considered Blackbeard being an evil Usopp from the future, that would be INSANE LMAO, I kinda love the idea at least! Usopp suddenly becomes one of the most intense, terrifying, cunning, deceptive, manipulative characetrs ever, especially in a dark/evil way ofc!

Far better twist than even Aizen by far! Or maybe thats just my Usopp and Blackbeard bias talking too lmao.

:hihihi::usosmug::zehaha:

Seriously though it cant be possible given what we know but I do genuinely think they are actually related, one of Usopps parents could be a Marshall?

I believe Usopp is a Noland too, through one of his parents. Oda is setting up the clues, signs bigtime imo.

I've suspected they're both Marshalls. Yasopp's and Banchina's surnames are unknown. Oda said Blackbeard would be from Somalia and Usopp from an unspecified part of Africa too. Definitely not a coincidence, especially as Somalia is part of Africa too.

Marshall can relate to cowboys/wild west/gunslingers or w/e too ofc, Sheriffs, Deputies, Marshalls etc and I had the headcanon either BB or Shanks would have a Sheriff with either Shanks or Blackbeard and their deputies with their top commanders or first mates only at least and so on. Maybe enforces or something for the rest? Lafitte was a sheriff too IIRC?

@Moewu @Rottkins @CoC: Color of Clowns thoughts?

I never considered Blackbeard being an evil Usopp from the future, that would be INSANE LMAO, I kinda love the idea at least! Usopp suddenly becomes one of the most intense, terrifying, cunning, deceptive, manipulative characetrs ever, especially in a dark/evil way ofc!

Far better twist than even Aizen by far! Or maybe thats just my Usopp and Blackbeard bias talking too lmao.

:hihihi::usosmug::zehaha:

Seriously though it cant be possible given what we know but I do genuinely think they are actually related, one of Usopps parents could be a Marshall?

I believe Usopp is a Noland too, through one of his parents. Oda is setting up the clues, signs bigtime imo.
BB looks nothing like real life people from Somalia though.

G

Gorosei Informer

BB lied about his will of the D and look where it got him forcing fate.
This also would be a hell of an interesting twist. A false D, a wannabe D. Especially interesting coming from the guy who said mans dreams never die too.

Kinda makes me think of what Hiriluk did and I still want to connect Hiriluk and Doc Q somehow too lol. Doc Q is Hiriluks son? Since hes only 27 or something too? /s.

A fatalist like Blackbeard (who SHOULD have had Hawkins be part of his crew regardless), forcing fate and being a hypocrite? How ironic for him and thus his "fate" and also therefore poetic too then.
Post automatically merged:

BB looks nothing like real life people from Somalia though.
I don't think Oda is going for accuracy lol. Oda himself said he would be from Somalia so take it up with him.

I'm just spitballing here with my own wild headcanons/ideas as you are lol.

:luuh:

This also would be a hell of an interesting twist. A false D, a wannabe D. Especially interesting coming from the guy who said mans dreams never die too.

Kinda makes me think of what Hiriluk did and I still want to connect Hiriluk and Doc Q somehow too lol. Doc Q is Hiriluks son? Since hes only 27 or something too? /s.

A fatalist like Blackbeard (who SHOULD have had Hawkins be part of his crew regardless), forcing fate and being a hypocrite? How ironic for him and thus his "fate" and also therefore poetic too then.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think Oda is going for accuracy lol. Oda himself said he would be from Somalia so take it up with him.

I'm just spitballing here with my own wild headcanons/ideas as you are lol.

:luuh:
Oda fucked up there. BB as a gypsy traveler with fortune teller knowledge would have made much more sense. Especially since his hobby is supposedly archeology.