Theory The Gorosei are both Liches and Ultra-Gifters

After the events of Chapter 1,111 where even a simpleton like Luffy notes that there clearly is more to the Gorosei then simple Mythic Zoan powers, I began to put together this idea, and then also remembered a certain scene from Chapter 1,072 where Vegapunk and Kuma discuss souls. Now, while this scene was more to talk about the unique power of the Nikyu-Nikyu no Mi, the newest chapter has shown that all five can regenerate injuries with this black flame. Among other powers like mutual telepathy.

Now, it is my theory that the Gorosei's bodies no longer contain their souls, but are encased within a vessel (In D'n'D/Pathfinder, this is called a "phylactery"), and safely hidden away. With their souls outside of their bodies, they now no longer age and can not be hurt, as if they are perfectly preserved! Of course, if something would happen to these vessels, I would expect them to all die immediately. Furthermore, I expect all five of their souls are in the same vessel together, hence the telepathy.

But...how is such a thing possible? I believe that this was possible by long-lost technology created by the Great Kingdom. And in fact, this machine could even be the "National Treasure" Doflamingo desired. A device that can make someone not only immortal...but invincible?

I even dare say that their transformations could even be related to GK technology. We saw them just listed as "Gyukii", "Itsumade", "Sandworm", etc. Essentially, besides being Liches, they are like Kaido's Gifters, just way, way waaaaaayyy more powerful, obviously. Artificial Mythical Zoans, a technology not even Vegapunk thinks is normally feasible, which was also brought up prior in Chapter 1,070.

C

CensoredbyWG

Gohdroger already answered this: gorosei powers are interliked which is the TRUE AWAKENING.

Its the same that will happen when luffy combines his powers with franky's paw fruit and bonney's timelines fruit to send himself to the past

After the events of Chapter 1,111 where even a simpleton like Luffy notes that there clearly is more to the Gorosei then simple Mythic Zoan powers, I began to put together this idea, and then also remembered a certain scene from Chapter 1,072 where Vegapunk and Kuma discuss souls. Now, while this scene was more to talk about the unique power of the Nikyu-Nikyu no Mi, the newest chapter has shown that all five can regenerate injuries with this black flame. Among other powers like mutual telepathy.

Now, it is my theory that the Gorosei's bodies no longer contain their souls, but are encased within a vessel (In D'n'D/Pathfinder, this is called a "phylactery"), and safely hidden away. With their souls outside of their bodies, they now no longer age and can not be hurt, as if they are perfectly preserved! Of course, if something would happen to these vessels, I would expect them to all die immediately. Furthermore, I expect all five of their souls are in the same vessel together, hence the telepathy.

But...how is such a thing possible? I believe that this was possible by long-lost technology created by the Great Kingdom. And in fact, this machine could even be the "National Treasure" Doflamingo desired. A device that can make someone not only immortal...but invincible?

I even dare say that their transformations could even be related to GK technology. We saw them just listed as "Gyukii", "Itsumade", "Sandworm", etc. Essentially, besides being Liches, they are like Kaido's Gifters, just way, way waaaaaayyy more powerful, obviously. Artificial Mythical Zoans, a technology not even Vegapunk thinks is normally feasible, which was also brought up prior in Chapter 1,070.
That would explained the hidden giant hydro chamber in mary geois, imu stored their body in there... maybe usopp/chopper/franky will destroy the room

B

Borasey79

I won't discredit the rest of the theory, which is interesting enough, but I believe their telepathy to be VoaT, and not part of their individual powers, DF derived or otherwise.

one problem with the theory though is that Vegapunk himself did create an Artificial Mythical Zoan.