Dortmund or Real, who wins the Champions league!?

• Total voters
Yes, I am actually terrified that Oda will blow 19 years of admiral hype (since chapter 319) and have Luffy low diff Kizaru.

IMO, that would be pretty bad narratively. It's one thing to show the growth of the protagonist, it's another thing if that comes at the expense of wasting almost two decades of build-up for a group of antagonists.

It would be doubly bad since One Piece is already criticized for lacking tension and that really would not help.
As paradoxical as it sounds considering the meltdown that happened during 1055, I feel any chance of something like this happening to an admiral died when Ryokugyu came out of Wano unscathed.
Let me explain : Yeah Film Red promo yeah he did get humbled but he also negged commanders, scrubbards, was about to impale someone with Oden genetics and kaido durability and made Yamato give up on her dream.
While you were arguing Ryokugyu would solo the alliance, there were many people that believed he would get low diffed by Luffy/the alliance to how much the straw hats grew.
The set-up looked perfect : newly introduced, extremely cocky assholish admiral that still underestimate the MC in spite of him beating the WSC.
Instead he's all fine and kicking, having just low diffed the most hyped warlord after Mihawk.
I have no worry for Kizaru, especially since it seems he's actually taking straw hats seriously due to having to protect one of the most important person in the world.